Not open for further replies.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
What about the Jethro Gibbs slap to the back of the head?

Would be IMHO the last warning before Picard. Gibbs does not save his slaps for harder days. :lol:

TCR_500

Making my own racing simulator.
Reaction score
Website
gaming.tchapman500.com
Actually, I know a great deal of physics. Maybey not as much as some of you, but I know how physics works.

Anything at rest will remain at rest unless acted upon by another force and anything in motion will remain in motion at the same velocity (directiot and speed) unless acted upon by another force. Air flows over the surface of objects, and for propellent, an aircraft simply changes the air pressure around the engines by the use of fans. The fans pull the air behind the engine resulting in lower air pressure in front of the engine and higher air pressure in front of the engine. The air pressure tries to even itself out, but the fan is preventing that from happening. As a result, the aircraft is forced out of the way so the air can equalize in pressure.

I've already passed the "Hello World!" part of programming and I'm starting in the input part. And unless you want to take this to my forum, I will not be drawn into another argument about the unconfirmed hypothisis of evolution.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
BTW, it is called propulsion, propellant is a chemical substance used for propulsion.

Air flows over the surface of objects, and for propellent, an aircraft simply changes the air pressure around the engines by the use of fans. The fans pull the air behind the engine resulting in lower air pressure in front of the engine and higher air pressure in front of the engine. The air pressure tries to even itself out, but the fan is preventing that from happening. As a result, the aircraft is forced out of the way so the air can equalize in pressure.

Wrong, the engines would be far less effective that way (that is way impeller model aircraft are always having less thrust as jet driven model aircraft). The jet engines get propulsion by burning air and fuel into hot exhaust gases. The exhaust gases have a higher temperature and higher static pressure, and thus expand towards the ambient air. static pressure is turned into dynamic pressure, the exhaust accelerates and the conservation of impulse on leaving the engine produces thrust.

The compressor only ensures that enough air gets into the combustion chambers, and flow direction does not reverse. It is not contributing to thrust directly, actually the compressor is considered a loss factor in engine design (just like the turbopumps in rocket engines).

Basic knowledge of something is OK, but you should never forget comparing your knowledge against reality.

TCR_500

Reaction score
Website
gaming.tchapman500.com
I simplified it by taking out the heat factor. But I already knew that heat had something to do with it. And thanks for letting me know the difference between propulsion and propellent.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Actually, I know a great deal of physics. Maybey not as much as some of you, but I know how physics works.
Knowing a few set of words, even if you memorized them is not knowing physics.
Remembering a law of physics is not understanding it.
Memorizing a physics book is not understanding physics.

If you crush some sugar with a piece of glass in the dark, what will happen?

TCR_500

Reaction score
Website
gaming.tchapman500.com
Doing such a thing could be very dangerous. For one, sence there is little to no light, there is no way for the eyes to pick up where everything is. You would have to go strictly on sound and feel which you may or may not be good at doing. Plus the glass has sharp edges that can easily get embeded into the skin. And depending on how thick the piece of glass is, the sugar may get crushed, or the glass may get broken even further, or both. Either way, you'll probably end up in the hospital.

insane_alien

Reaction score
Doing such a thing could be very dangerous. For one, sence there is little to no light, there is no way for the eyes to pick up where everything is. You would have to go strictly on sound and feel which you may or may not be good at doing. Plus the glass has sharp edges that can easily get embeded into the skin. And depending on how thick the piece of glass is, the sugar may get crushed, or the glass may get broken even further, or both. Either way, you'll probably end up in the hospital.

do your glasses often have sharp edges? mine don't. i preffer not to lacerate my mouth when i take a sip.

what actually happens is you see flashes of light as the sugar crystals are crushed.

stop digging, admit your a few hundred feet out of your depth and let us help you.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Actually, you would see a faint light if you crush the sugar... very faint.

TCR_500

Reaction score
Website
gaming.tchapman500.com
I was thinking about a piece of glass as if picked up from an accident, like dropping a plate or a base ball going through a window. I wasn't thinking about a cup that holds a drinkable liquid. There are two forms of energy released by crushing sugar with glass. Light and heat. The technology probably doesn't exsist to measure a temperature spike of that length. However, one source says that the human eye can get information at 4 frames per second, but I think it's more like 10 to 15 based on a series of tests I ran with my stopwatch.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
There are two forms of energy released by crushing sugar with glass. Light and heat. The technology probably doesn't exsist to measure a temperature spike of that length.

However, one source says that the human eye can get information at 4 frames per second, but I think it's more like 10 to 15 based on a series of tests I ran with my stopwatch.
I don't think you will pass a Turing test...

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
TCR_500..... Do everyone a favour and go to school. You really shouldn't be out on your own......

A stopwatch......

Creationism....

A forum where you are the only member.....

All cries for someone who is lonely and desperate for attention by knowing some "deep, dark secret"......

As for your simulator - It's a pile of crap and you will never finish it.

As for your starship - Well, see my comment above.

I'm out of this thread.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Must...Resist...Too Much Temptation... AAAH!

Actually, I know a great deal of physics...I know how physics works...

OK, pop quiz...
Name and define the five forces acting upon a propeller (or for that matter any airfoil). Prop can also be defined as a jet engines compressor (and turbine blade).

I can teach my six year old nephew to repeat back Neuton's Laws of Motion, even the Laws of Thermodynamics, but that does not mean that he understands what he is talking about.

Star Wars and Star Trek physics never apply in the real world. My appreciation for Orbiter stems from is it's attention to real-world physics. These talented and skilled developers who have repeatedly offered to help are getting fed up. Read some of their posts in other threads, programmers, aviators, engineers, etc. These are some smart people that you are completely ignoring to do your own thing.

You've got some odd spelling errors also. You mentioned that your age is "classified", but I'm going to guess some where between 12 and 16.

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score

Anything at rest will remain at rest unless acted upon by another force and anything in motion will remain in motion at the same velocity (directiot and speed) unless acted upon by another force. Air flows over the surface of objects, and for propellent, an aircraft simply changes the air pressure around the engines by the use of fans. The fans pull the air behind the engine resulting in lower air pressure in front of the engine and higher air pressure in front of the engine. The air pressure tries to even itself out, but the fan is preventing that from happening. As a result, the aircraft is forced out of the way so the air can equalize in pressure.
"Fans"? :rofl:
Unfortunately, the others beat me to it, but you have pretty much just proven that you know nothing at all about physics. I knew Newton's laws of motion in elementary school, that doesn't mean that I knew physics.

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

As for your simulator - It's a pile of crap and you will never finish it.
Now, now, don't be rude--the simulator can't be a pile of crap yet, he hasn't started it!

TCR_500

Reaction score
Website
gaming.tchapman500.com
My schooling is none of your business! I'm in chemistry right now as well as Algebra 1! As for my simulator, I will finish it! Creation is a well proven fact for how the Earth was formed. For my simulator, I will finish it if I have to abort my other projects to do it. In fact, I may just do that. Starting with Orbiter! I don't need any other simulators for a reference, I'll get the data I need myself and I know exactly where to get it. And I am not answering any more questions here.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Congratulations!
You've just confirmed your age and mental problems.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
My schooling is none of your business! I'm in chemistry right now as well as Algebra 1! As for my simulator, I will finish it! Creation is a well proven fact for how the Earth was formed. For my simulator, I will finish it if I have to abort my other projects to do it. In fact, I may just do that. Starting with Orbiter! I don't need any other simulators for a reference, I'll get the data I need myself and I know exactly where to get it. And I am not answering any more questions here.
:rofl:. That is all.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Creation is a well proven fact for how the Earth was formed.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm glad you think that...

Status
Not open for further replies.