SSU version 2.0 public alpha release bug report thread

Interceptor

Reaction score
Thanks for reply ! I have question: do you plan add a shake effect in cockpit (e.g. during launch or re-entry) ? CamShake unfortunately isn't compatible with SSU.
Camera shake works just fine with SSU2.0.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Hey SSU team,jaw dropping stuff,a couple of questions thou,1.is there a way to turn on,and, off the lights at the launchpads?2.can you simulate the ET fuel filling3.can you mate the crawler with MLP,and shuttle attached to it yet?Thanks

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Camera shake works just fine with SSU2.0.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Hey SSU team,jaw dropping stuff,a couple of questions thou,1.is there a way to turn on,and, off the lights at the launchpads?2.can you simulate the ET fuel filling3.can you mate the crawler with MLP,and shuttle attached to it yet?Thanks

1. No, the pad stadium light status is based on sun angles, not manual commands
  2. No, ET tanking is not yet implemented as the MPS isn't complete yet, GLS is working on that
  3. No, mating ops are done in the VAB and as stated eariler, the VAB is not yet operational. The Crawler however is working but it does take a bit of familiarization to operate
A note to 3: The shuttle elements (SRBs, ET and Orbiter) are attached to the Mobile Launcher Platform (MLP), not the Crawler. The MLP and Crawler two entirely separate things.

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The area around the star tracker seems to look quite strange at certain sun angles. Any screenshot required or is that something to be fixed with the new Orbiter mesh?

And what is the correct format to enter the TIG for the OMS burns? Right now I'm always following the ET into the ocean because I can't enter it.

Anyway, great job and thanks for the release :).

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The area around the star tracker seems to look quite strange at certain sun angles. Any screenshot required or is that something to be fixed with the new Orbiter mesh?

And what is the correct format to enter the TIG for the OMS burns? Right now I'm always following the ET into the ocean because I can't enter it.

Anyway, great job and thanks for the release :).
TIG format is days, hours, minutes and seconds. That is in MET, not time until burn. Anything that has to do with the orbiter mesh/textures is not important as they'll be replaced with new ones.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

ITEM 10+DDD+HH+MM+SS EXEC

or

ITEM 11+HH+MM+SS EXEC

or

ITEM 12+MM+SS EXEC

or

guess what.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I think camera shake stops working at SRBsep. IRC

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I think camera shake stops working at SRBsep. IRC
If you mean the add-on, then it is working correctly. Not much shaking going on during second stage ascent.

Interceptor

Reaction score
OK,I am getting a CTD,with you testing SRB sep test scenario.
Code:
Finished initialising world
>>> ERROR: No vessel class configuration file found for:
---------------------------------------------------------------
>>> ERROR: Atlantis_LSRB
>>> [Vessel::OpenConfigFile | .\Vessel.cpp | 252]
>>> TERMINATING <<<

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
OK,I am getting a CTD,with you testing SRB sep test scenario.
Code:
Finished initialising world
>>> ERROR: Atlantis_LSRB
>>> TERMINATING <<<
That's an old debugging scenario used to test SRB sep dynamics which should have been removed long ago. Just delete it and forget about it.

Interceptor

Reaction score
Ok,I feel stupid asking this,but on all the historical missions the shuttle,won't launch,even thou I have all the controls in the right positions,are all the scenarios set up like the launch scenario with the controls,and switches already set for lift off?,but I am probably missing something small.

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Ok,I feel stupid asking this,but on all the historical missions the shuttle,won't launch,even thou I have all the controls in the right positions,but,maybe I missing something.

How not launch? What are you doing in the scenario?

Interceptor

Reaction score
Well I am asuming that all the historical scenarios since there set at T30sec the controls are already set for liftoff.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

How not launch? What are you doing in the scenario?
Actualy I am just waiting for the shuttle to launch,since it looks to me that all the switches are already set for liftoff.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

Actualy I am just waiting for the shuttle to launch,since it looks to me that all the switches are already set for liftoff.

So, you don't start the APUs?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Ok,I feel stupid asking this,but on all the historical missions the shuttle,won't launch,even thou I have all the controls in the right positions,are all the scenarios set up like the launch scenario with the controls,and switches already set for lift off?,but I am probably missing something small.
Are you using time acceleration at all? I have noted that using time acceleration inside T-31 (RSLS Autosequence Start) will lead to failure of the main engines and they won't ignite at all.

Edit:
Only the Launch test scenario starts shortly before RSLS Autosequence Start. The rest start at L-10 minutes so you have to start the APUs or the GLS will command a HOLD at T-4 minutes as the hydraulic system check will have failed.

Last edited:

Interceptor

Reaction score
HI urwumpe,I have to go now,but I will take a pic of the way the switches are set before liftoff,and then maybe you could help me sort this out.Thanks

Traveller

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I have a base Orbiter installation of Orbiter 2010, some hi-res planetary textures, Orbiter Sound 4.0 and the DX9 client. I made a copy of that installation, renamed the folder to Orbiter SSU 2.0, installed the KSC hi-res tiles, Vandenburg, SpaceCraft3 package (from the 331KB ZIP) and the SpaceCraft3 patch DLL.

Orbiter fails to start the STS-61G "Atlantis On Orbit" scenario with the following bit at the end of the Orbiter.LOG file:

Code:
PUSH BUTTON[A7A3/A8A3::LAMP TEST]:	Define VC Animations()
PUSH BUTTON[A7A3/A8A3::POWER ON]:	Define VC Animations()
PUSH BUTTON[A7A3/A8A3::POWER OFF]:	Define VC Animations()
PUSH BUTTON[A7A3/A8A3::RING OUT]:	Define VC Animations()
PUSH BUTTON[A7A3/A8A3::RING IN]:	Define VC Animations()
PUSH BUTTON[A7A3/A8A3::APDS CIRC PROT OFF]:	Define VC Animations()
PUSH BUTTON[A7A3/A8A3::CLOSE HOOKS]:	Define VC Animations()
PUSH BUTTON[A7A3/A8A3::CLOSE LATCHES]:	Define VC Animations()
PUSH BUTTON[A7A3/A8A3::FIXER OFF]:	Define VC Animations()
BasicPanel[R11]:	Define VC Animations. 1 components
Attachment count: 23
Create External Airlock animations
	DONE.
>>> ERROR: Spacecraft3
>>> TERMINATING <<<

This occurs in both regular Orbiter and with the DX9 client.

I also notice "SSU\\Orbiter_blank.DDS"-- note the double back slash-- during the texture loading process for that scenario under the DX9 client. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I thought I'd report it.

The final approach and quick launch scenarios work for me, so far.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
To make the STS-61G scenario work, just copy(not cut!) the Spacecaft3.cfg from Config\Spacecraft to Config\Vessels. Also, the STS-61G scenario is really just to test the Centaur G Prime/Centaur Integrated Support Structure meshes/textures. It's not meant for any serious use.

Interceptor

Reaction score
I am not using time acceleration,and it seems that all the Historical missions start at T31,but don't launch.

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
If you mean the add-on, then it is working correctly. Not much shaking going on during second stage ascent.

No, I mean when SRBsep the view in the cockpit changes to a view outside.

1hippienaut

Reaction score
ssu 2.0 with clean 2010 install
sound and all required bits
historic scenarios work
though no hud
what have i missed
i probably goofed somehow
di i need to post a log file
Thank Yall in advance