SSU public release comments/bug reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The RMS sticking out of the payload bay is a bug in the scenarios; I'll try to upload fixed scenarios tomorrow.

Interceptor

Reaction score
OK. I am still having problems at launch, so basicaly if I watch the clock for T-minus 10 min, and do everything in the flight check list, the shuttle will take off correctly with autopilot on in the scenario STS-120,correct.Thanks

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Pantz Ninja

Reaction score
...Please be gentle, I am new to SSU and have searched.

First off, I am fully aware of how to prep the Shuttle itself for launch. But, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to setup the launch pad. I've figured out how to retract the nose-cap, gangway and service station (forgot what its called). It seems the Shuttle's main engines are still attached to the MLP. I've read through all the docs provided with SSU and can't seem to find an answer. Please point me in the general direction, and thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:

BenSisko

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
SiameseCat, I have the VS2008 redistributables and everything looks fine except the RMS in the unstowed position and the OBSS sticking through the payload bay.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
First off, I am fully aware of how to prep the Shuttle itself for launch. But, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to setup the launch pad. I've figured out how to retract the nose-cap, gangway and service station (forgot what its called). It seems the Shuttle's main engines are still attached to the MLP. I've read through all the docs provided with SSU and can't seem to find an answer. Please point me in the general direction, and thanks in advance for any help.
I think you have the same problem Interceptor did. See here:
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?p=99833#post99833

zerofay32

Buckeye
Reaction score
Anyone having trouble with launching the shuttle I just noticed this. The LAUNCH MJD and the SHUTTLE NAME perameter for the STS-120 L-10min scenario is wrong. Edit the LCC perameters to this.

LCC:SSU_LCC
STATUS Landed Earth
POS -80.6040620 28.608403
HEADING 270.00
MISSION STS-120
LAUNCH_MJD 54396.651625
PAD_NAME LC39A
SHUTTLE NAME Discovery
END

That should do it. The pad animations are all automatic and the shuttle is released from the MLP at T-0.

Zerofay32

Interceptor

Reaction score
So the fuel cap, gangway, and RSS are all automatic like in STS payloads you don't have to press the G and K buttons to move the stuff.
Thanks Zerofay32 for advice.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
So the fuel cap, gangway, and RSS are all automatic like in STS payloads you don't have to press the G and K buttons to move the stuff.
Thanks Zerofay32 for advice.
Actually, the RSS is not automatic. It has to be retracted using the SSU Launch Pad dialog which is accessed by pressing Ctrl-Spacebar when focus is on the launch pad vessel(LC39A). Same thing with the FSS and RSS Orbiter Weather Protection(OWP) system panels.

During the launch countdown the Orbiter Access Arm(OAA) and Gaseous Oxgen Vent Arm(GVA) is retracted on the GO from the Ground Launch Sequencer(GLS).

The propellants are loaded into the External Tank(ET) from two huge white storage spheres at the pad which is connected to the Mobile Launcher Platform(MLP). Then the propellants flow through the exterior pipes on the MLP and into the MLP and to the two "box-like" structures in front the of the orbiter wings. These are called Tail Service Masts(TSMs)

Then it is piped from the T0(T-zero) umbilical carrier plates into the orbiter aft engine compartment and through the Main Propulsion System(MPS) plumbing into there and from there finally into the ET.

The top swing arm only vents gaseous oxygen away from the top of the ET as the cold GOX could lead to ice formation so the two pipes on it is purged with heated gaseous nitrogen(GN2).

Interceptor

Reaction score
Wow Great info DaveS,thank you

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Hey zerofay32 count down stops at .31 sec, and won't go beyond that so I still can't launch.even with changing the The LAUNCH MJD and the SHUTTLE NAME perameter for the STS-120 L-10min scenario.Thanks

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Wow Great info DaveS,thank you

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Hey zerofay32 count down stops at .31 sec, and won't go beyond that so I still can't launch.even with changing the The LAUNCH MJD and the SHUTTLE NAME perameter for the STS-120 L-10min scenario.Thanks
Did you start the APUs? In reality the GLS would stop the countdown at T-4 minutes if the APUs wasn't operating.

Interceptor

Reaction score
Yes I started the APUs, do I start them right when the scenario starts? DaveS,and by the way the animations for the launch pad are fantastic.

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

I started the APU,s right away and it still stops at .31seconds.Thanks

Last edited:

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
I noticed another possible bug.

I got the arm working with my joystick, but if I switch to RCS mode, then switch back to RMS mode again, the RMS suddenly "jumps" to another position.

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Ok, STS-120 also stops at T-31 for me. On STS-126 Launch the RMS seems to be deployed, and it only brings me to an 105km x -600km Orbit.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

I got STS-120 launched with some changes in the scenario file, but now I end up flying away from earth with a high speed after SRB sep.

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
Fixed the CTD by deleting the cfg's.
Great job SSU team.:speakcool:

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Eh, I don't speak Shuttle Commander. I guess SSM07 could help me a bit.

Maybe. But then you could also think that you can learn driving a car, by watching a NASCAR race.

SSU does not wait for you to throw the right switches, you should memorize the procedures yourself and practice them on SSU, instead of doing that in SSM07 - the different perspectives (2D vs 3D) will mean you will search the switches again when going over to SSU.

And if you can't read a Shuttle checklist and follow it, you should be careful with SSU. They are not that hard to be read, and better than any manual we could write.

Interceptor

Reaction score
I fooled around with the Launch_MJD and it still stops at T-minus 31 seconds very confused.Thanks

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
All is running well until I launch CRT MFD. Orbiter craches.
Maybe this is already posted but what it that?

Status
Not open for further replies.