Status
Not open for further replies.

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
I don't know if this will change anything, but sometimes it works. Do you have this?

Usquanigo

Reaction score
Website
uk.groups.yahoo.com
I don't know if this will change anything, but sometimes it works. Do you have this?

Yep. Prior to getting that there was no Shuttle or cockpit. Getting and installing those files fixed that. Then I had to update the sceneario file as listed in this thread. Those 2 things got me to the point of being able to lift off, which is when I noticed the weird flash, followed by messed up internal textures (in the VC), the SSMEs going out with the OMS burning while the ET is still attached, and no solar system to be found outside (then the crash to desktop when trying to go back inside).

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
I had this problem with another addon too. Make another clean installation in a different folder and download the necessary addons and see if that fixes anything.

Pilot7893

Epik spaec mishun!
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you're getting the OBSS problem, but if you've installed the patches, it's probably a bad OBSS.ini. Try replacing the contents of OBSS.ini with what's posted below.

Code:
[CONFIG]
MeshName =SSU\OBSS
Size = 10
Empty_Mass = 1627
Fuel_Mass = 0
Isp = 0
Main_Thrust = 0
Retro_Thrust = 0
Hover_Thrust = 0
Attitude_Thrust = 0
Cross_Section = (16.,16.,16.)
LAND_PT1 = (0,-2,1)
LAND_PT2 = (-1,-2,-1)
LAND_PT3 = (1,-2,-1)
Camera = (0.0,0.0,-7.53)
Visible = 1
CW_Z_POS = 0.2
CW_Z_NEG = 0.5
CW_X = 1.5
CW_Y = 1.5

[PARENT_ATTACH_0] ;obssPWP
NAME="Astronaut"
POS=(-0.074,-0.206,-7.195)
DIR=(-0.331010538454927,-0.943627057386433,0)
ROT=(0,0,1)
RANGE=50.
ID="GS"
[CHILD_ATTACH_0] ; To MPM's
POS = (-0.05,-0.15,1.57)
DIR = (0,-1,0)
ROT = (0,0,1)
ID = "OS"

[CHILD_ATTACH_1] ; FWD RMS grapple fixture
POS = (0,0.26,7.23)
DIR=(0,1,0)
ROT = (0,0,-1)
ID="GS"
RANGE=5

[CHILD_ATTACH_2] ; Mid RMS grapple fixture
POS = (0,0.27,1.20)
DIR = (0,1,0)
ROT = (0,0,-1)
ID = "GS"
RANGE =5

I can't find that file. I assume it's in config, but all I could find in Spacecraft was OBSSPWP.ini

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
It is in the Config\spacecraft folder under Ultra_OBSS.

Flying_Pie

Reaction score
Okay here's another one. How do I maneuver to a given attitude when docked to the ISS? This is what I pulled from the STS-122 flight plan:

[FONT=cps.mixed12PitchGD-Roman]DAP A/LVLH/VERN
MNVR (TRK) BIAS -XLV, -ZVV
TG=2 BV=5 P=159.68 Y=353.90 OM=184.25
Init TRK, DAP:FREE >2 sec

Then: DAP:A12/AUTO/VERN

I tried this and it just started sending me nowhere. Any ideas?
[/FONT]

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If you're docked to the ISS, the best thing to do is to maneuver to the target attitude manually and then turn the DAP on. The DAP doesn't compensate for other vessels docked to the shuttle, so it doesn't handle large attitude changes well. It should still be able to hold a fixed attitude. You might also want to reduce the ROT RATE to a lower value (0.1 to 0.2 deg/s).

Usquanigo

Reaction score
Website
uk.groups.yahoo.com
Ok, I'm still having this warp problem.

Even though I HAD a brand new install, specifically for SSU, I decided to give it another go per MJR's suggestion.

Here's what I did -
Delete the old install
Unzip a new one
Run the executable to install OrbiterSound 3.5
Use Orbiter Addon Installation System to install the following -
- Multistage 2, and it's patch
- Spacecraft 3, and it's patch
- SSU 1.25
- Hi-Res KSC (I forgot this part, and it CTD'd on me trying to load the first time, so I went back and added it, and then it loaded fine)

Then I set up my config - graphics to D3D Hardware T&L, 10x7x32, default everything else, enable OrbiterSound and CRT.

Then I edited the scenario file for the STS-120, t-10 minutes file per this post - http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showpost.php?p=99859&postcount=47

Just like last time, everything loaded, looked stunning, I fired up the APUs, then the gangway and the top thing pulled away, then the main engines fired, then the SRBs, and it launched. It went into the roll program, and seemed to be following the autopilot launch perfectly.

Once SRB Sep happened, there was a flash, the entire outside of the shuttle was stripped of it's skin, it was just a white 3D shuttle, the OMS's were burning rather than the mains, and there was no solar system.

When I hit F1, it locked up the program. The mouse moved, but nothing else worked, not F1, not F4, the view couldn't be controlled, nothing, it just sat there. When I hit crtl-alt-del to bring up task manager, it crashed orbiter.

Previously I was inside the cockpit during SRB Sep, so the visual effects were a bit different, and it locked rather than CTD right away, but overall, it's the same problem.

I do have the VC distributables linked in this thread installed on this system.

It's a home built P4 3.2 with 2GB running XP Pro SP2, a Sound Blaster Audigy, GF 6600 LE w/256MB and ForceWare 163.75 drivers, and currently 3GB free space on the C: drive.

Just trying to give you guys as much info to work with as possible.

This is all that I found in the orbiter.log file -
**** Orbiter.log
Build Sep 29 2006 [v.060929]
Found 3 joystick(s)
Module AtlantisConfig.dll [API v.060425]
Module DGConfig.dll [API v.060425]
Module OrbiterSound.dll [API v.060425]
Module crt.dll [API v.060425]

Any ideas what might be causing this or how to fix it? :(

Poscik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Okay here's another one. How do I maneuver to a given attitude when docked to the ISS? This is what I pulled from the STS-122 flight plan:

[FONT=cps.mixed12PitchGD-Roman]DAP A/LVLH/VERN
MNVR (TRK) BIAS -XLV, -ZVV
TG=2 BV=5 P=159.68 Y=353.90 OM=184.25
Init TRK, DAP:FREE >2 sec
[/FONT]​
[FONT=cps.mixed12PitchGD-Roman]
Then: DAP:A12/AUTO/VERN

I tried this and it just started sending me nowhere. Any ideas?
[/FONT]

To maneuver to this attitude, you have to use OPS201.
TG is ITEM 8 here.
BV is ITEM 14.
P, Y and OM are ITEM 15, 16 and 17.

As I see, TRK should be engaged just after entering those items. But completely don't know what does "DAP:FREE>2 sec" mean.

Usquanigo

Reaction score
Website
uk.groups.yahoo.com
You might want to download the files from http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showpost.php?p=100065&postcount=84 and see if that fixes the problem. If it doesn't help, try removing the AUTOPILOT and ASSIST lines from the scenario. This will disable the autopilot, so you'll have to fly the launch manually.

Some improvement.

I was able to survive the SRB Sep. I stayed inside the pit the whole time this time, and after the little radar blip sound thingy went away (meaning the SRBs were far enough away), I thought everything was ok, so I went outside for a look.

This time the planet was still there, and there were exhaust textures coming from the SSMEs. However the OMS's still appeared to be firiing. Is that correct?

Again, other than the potential OMS thing, I thought all was well, then I tried to go back inside and it locked up on me again.

Anyone else having a problem with going back and forth from internals to externals once off the ground?

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
What modules do you have activated in the Launchscreen ? Also, the OMS engines are used during a direct insertion launch.

Usquanigo

Reaction score
Website
uk.groups.yahoo.com
What modules do you have activated in the Launchscreen ? Also, the OMS engines are used during a direct insertion launch.

Then I set up my config - graphics to D3D Hardware T&L, 10x7x32, default everything else, enable OrbiterSound and CRT.

Just those.

Also, more info. When I wrote the post you responded to, I had to hit crtl-alt-del to bring up the task manager (because alt-tab didn't work right), however since that then let me change windows successfully, I just wrote the post. Afterward, I went back to the still open Orbiter session and found I was inside the pit, the orbital burn had gone to hell, I was flying sideways pilot first into the orbit, was at 717Km and change, but only going 4500 or so, and heard the ET blow, but I could not change FOV, or change positions inside, or activate the planetarium, or even bring up the F4 menu. I had to kill the app through task manager.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Try running in windowed mode, it might be easier to exit.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What happens if you remove the AUTOPILOT and the ASSIST lines from the scenario? I'm wondering if the launch autopilot is causing problems.

Usquanigo

Reaction score
Website
uk.groups.yahoo.com
What happens if you remove the AUTOPILOT and the ASSIST lines from the scenario? I'm wondering if the launch autopilot is causing problems.

Quick update. I am at work now, and I run Vista Enterprice, 32-Bit here. Built in Audio, and a crappy old Radeon card though, but still a P4 3.2 like at home.

I ran through the install procedure above, including the updates you mentioned SiameseCat, and ran the test of STS-120 again.

This time I did stay in the cockpit almost all the way until ET Sep, but that is the only difference. Here, it worked.

I don't know if it was timing, or if there is some sort of difference between the 2 machines. I'll try both waiting longer inside, and also the autopilot at home when I get a chance. But I didn't know if this might give you any ideas or indications.

Flying_Pie

Reaction score
Okay, now I'm curious about OMS maneuvers. I noticed once I enter dv targets and load the maneuver, the VGO values are different from my targets. Is this because of a different coordinate system or an issue with the MFD?

Status
Not open for further replies.