Reaction score
Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
If I had the textures and mesh you are using. I could offer some assistance. But not if DaveS is still changing stuff at will.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The new FRCS nozzles do not match the textures (OV-102 as well as the other Orbiters)

View attachment 15820
View attachment 15821

View attachment 15822
View attachment 15823

In addition the new rudder has some glitches aswell
View attachment 15824
View attachment 15825

the PBD junction line is dtill a bit offset
View attachment 15826
View attachment 15827
The fixed version has been checked in. I can't do anything about the differences in the Columbia texture as it seem to be different from the other textures. Dividing lines have to be in the exact same locations on all textures. If they're in different locations on Columbia then that's nothing I or Donamy can do about it due to the mesh(es) being mapped to fit one specific texture.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Wolf, do you use one layered texture for all of the orbiters ?

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Wolf, do you use one layered texture for all of the orbiters ?

Atlantis, Discovery and Endeavour share the same layer. Columbia has her own; it maybe the location of the FRCS line is slightly offset, I ll see what I can do to fix it.
The rest should be quite ok. I need to fix the rudder leading edge though since the mesh has been changed to get the rounded edges. I cannot fix the speedbrake white tiles area (where they should black instead) as I suppose it is a mesh related issue.
Anything you can do to adjust the nose cone vertexes in order to use the junctions?

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I need the layered texture you are using to remap the mesh to line it up properly.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Anything you can do to adjust the nose cone vertexes in order to use the junctions?
The current checked in mesh do use Donamy's updated nosecap. Are you saying that it's still off?

---------- Post added at 04:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 AM ----------

Here's the mapping straight from AC3D's Texture Coordinates Editor (TCE), so that you can see how the main fuselage along the with the vertical stabilizer is mapped to your hi-res Atlantis rev 1 texture: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zaghzgzpcbnomu/AC3D_TCE_Atlantis_hires.jpg?dl=0

The texture is completely unaltered. It would be be nice if you could get AC3D yourself, so you could check out the mapping in real time instead of having to fire up Orbiter every time. It would also allow you do your own corrections. I'd also love a copy of your source texture file as I can only work with what I have. The worst problems to troubleshoot are those you have to guess on, working on them remotely.

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I remember doing the same thing with NASCAR Heat back in the day. Very time consuming.

You can get a 14 day trial version of AC3D. Dave and I can get you working with it.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I remember doing the same thing with NASCAR Heat back in the day. Very time consuming.

You can get a 14 day trial version of AC3D. Dave and I can get you working with it.
Yes, it's fairly easy to use even if your used to a completely different user interface like I was when I got it back in 2008. Then I had been using GMAX exclusively for nearly 3 years. I still do use GMAX as it does some things better than AC3D. I have never regretted getting AC3D to this day.

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
The FRCS line has been fixed. The seal that surrounds the FRCS the module has been repainted (nose section needs to be adjusted).
Unfortunately I can't see any change in the nose cone, the issue seems to be still there..

View attachment 15831
View attachment 15832

Another thing I have noticed is that the last mesh updates changed the shape of the +/-Y FRCS nozzles as well as the line of HRSI black tile around them

before (HRSI line and RCS metal plate are almost horizontal)
View attachment 15833
after
View attachment 15834

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The nose cone position on the texture DaveS shows, is not where it was positioned on the texture he gave me. So I doubt it was fixed.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Nosecap and FRCS issues should be addressed now.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Without the mesh and texture, I have no way of telling.

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Nosecap and FRCS issues should be addressed now.

They are not. The new nozzles looks nice but we now I have this new issues:

On the Starboard side the FRCS tiles and the seal are duplicated

View attachment 15835

The right (stbd) +Z nozzle has this artifact showing. Also the HRSI black tile fwd line is not straight anymore (all bending)

View attachment 15836

The nosecap has still problems

View attachment 15837

If you can fix the above issues I am happy to keep the new nozzles you added (they look good): this will require again some tweaking on my side but it should not be a major problem. Once we are done with these issues I'd kindly ask not to alter the mesh anymore or add new features if in turn they would mess up with the textures.
Thanks

Last edited:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
They are not. The new nozzles looks nice but we now I have this new issues:

On the Starboard side the FRCS tiles and the seal are duplicated

View attachment 15835

The right (stbd) +Z nozzle has this artifact showing. Also the HRSI black tile fwd line is not straight anymore (all bending)

View attachment 15836

The nosecap has still problems

View attachment 15837

If you can fix the above issues I am happy to keep the new nozzles you added (they look good): this will require again some tweaking on my side but it should not be a major problem. Once we are done with these issues I'd kindly ask not to alter the mesh anymore or add new features if in turn they would mess up with the textures.
Thanks
The top FRCS module issues should be rectified now. Everything looks great here. If you could send me a copy of the new nosecap texture, I'm sure i could fix that as well. Right now as we only have a blank solid grey texture for the nosecap, it's hard to judge when it it is correct.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score