Project Space Shuttle Vessel

Geoair2

Reaction score
I have a big problem despite all my attempts it is always impossible for me to open the cargo bay doors :cry:

Gieno

Reaction score
I have a big problem despite all my attempts it is always impossible for me to open the cargo bay doors :cry:
Hi, thanks to GLS.

He helped me with this info.

So, similar to the real thing, the "Maj Func" switch near the keyboards controls which computer is talking to the associated display: if the switch is in GNC that makes the display show GNC stuff (GPC-1), and the SM position will show SM stuff (GPC-2), which has the Payload Bay Doors software.
The GPCs have a "standby mode" called OPS 0, and currently the SM GPC should be in OPS 0 during launch and landing, as the implementation is still far from the real thing. So, once in orbit switch a display to SM, and it should be in OPS 0, and you type OPS 201 PRO, and it will show the Antenna display, which currently shows nothing but will have some goodies in the future. OPS 202 PRO will bring up the PLBD display, which is the one that is needed to open/close the doors.
In the Post-Insertion checklist there is a block called "DETAILED PLBD OPENING PROCEDURES", which has the (simple) instructions to open the doors, automatically or manually. For closing the doors, it's pretty much the reverse process, which is detailed in the Deorbit Prep checklist.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
BTW: you should only unlatch the Radiator latches after the doors are open (and only if you want to deploy the radiators).

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
You need ITEM 3 selected as well for the auto sequence to work. The "*" means that the ITEM next to it is selected.

Geoair2

Reaction score
thank you very much for the help everything works now :cheers:You would have a link to download the complete documentation that would help me a lot ;)

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
thank you very much for the help everything works now :cheers:You would have a link to download the complete documentation that would help me a lot ;)

ghostpilot

Reaction score
Hi, I've just installed this addon but I have no meshes visible, either in the cockpit view or external view. I'm pretty sure I followed all the install instructions correctly. I'm using the latest version from github. Any idea what's happening?

This is all I see in the log...

============================ ERROR: ===========================
Could not load vessel module: SSV_OV
[Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5747]
===============================================================

ghostpilot

Reaction score
Hi, I've just installed this addon but I have no meshes visible, either in the cockpit view or external view. I'm pretty sure I followed all the install instructions correctly. I'm using the latest version from github. Any idea what's happening?

This is all I see in the log...

============================ ERROR: ===========================
Could not load vessel module: SSV_OV
[Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5747]
===============================================================
Ok I got it working. It looks like you need to download the .zip file from the "releases" part of github and not from the trunk.
https://github.com/GLS-SSV/SSV/releases

Gieno

Reaction score
Hi, the deploying of the Ku Band Antenna and Radiators, is this also done through the GPC and Systems Management software?

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Hi, the deploying of the Ku Band Antenna and Radiators, is this also done through the GPC and Systems Management software?
No* DPS in those.

*) the antenna should talk to the SM GPC, but that is not happening yet.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
GLS, any chance of a slight tweak to the flight control input response? Right now there seems to be about 1-1.5 second delay between actually commanding an attitude change and the RCS actually beginning to fire. It's quite noticeable on the ADI rate needles.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
As far as the deployment procedure is concerned, there's no DPS interaction between the Ku band antenna and the GPCs. It's when you begin the system activation (pages 2-3 and 2-4 of the generic Orbit Ops FDF) that the antenna/DPS interaction comes into play. For now you can skip those steps on 2-3 and 2-4 and just do the A1U steps. Same thing for the stow procedures on 2-5 and 2-6.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
GLS, any chance of a slight tweak to the flight control input response? Right now there seems to be about 1-1.5 second delay between actually commanding an attitude change and the RCS actually beginning to fire. It's quite noticeable on the ADI rate needles.
To interface the RHC, RPTA and brake pedals with the user keyboard, there is a rate value which controls how fast the control output value changes. When a key is pressed, the output increases at that rate, and when it is released, the output will go to 0 at that rate.
Currently it takes 1.333 seconds of key press to move those controls from 0 to full deflection. A faster time would make the input "sharper", but that will probably result in a bit too much control during landing.
I'll put those rate parameters in the SSV_OV.cfg options, so people can use whatever values they want.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
GLS: Is it normal for translate down to induce a very strong pitch up rate, even in VERN? That doesn't seem right to me. It makes the orbiter near uncontrollable for prox ops.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Sounds like only the aft RCS is firing.