Space Shuttle Ultra 1.25 Revision B development

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'll take a look, it's better to fix it in the source rather than implement some workaround don't you think?
As far as the code is concerned, the only difference is that both groups have to be added to animations instead of only one group. It only becomes a problem if someone is modifying the animations and forgets one of the groups.

If it can be fixed easily, it's probably better to merge the groups in the mesh, but it's not difficult to handle in the animation code.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
As far as the code is concerned, the only difference is that both groups have to be added to animations instead of only one group. It only becomes a problem if someone is modifying the animations and forgets one of the groups.

Thats a minor problem, since the animation should at least have been tested once. :lol:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Checked in a fixed Ku band DA. I'd love to see the comm mode of the Ku system implemented to really verify the animations. Currently the slewing of the gimbals to the MIP position is part of the initial deploy animation of the Ku band DA when it should really occur during Ku band activation and not Ku band deploy.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Checked in a fixed Ku band DA. I'd love to see the comm mode of the Ku system implemented to really verify the animations. Currently the slewing of the gimbals to the MIP position is part of the initial deploy animation of the Ku band DA when it should really occur during Ku band activation and not Ku band deploy.
Just noticed that the DEA in the Ku-band mesh is also split into 3 different groups. Sorry to keep pestering you about these things.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Just noticed that the DEA in the Ku-band mesh is also split into 3 different groups. Sorry to keep pestering you about these things.
That's to enable it to use different materials. The DEA itself needs a different material to use environment mapping without affecting the other elements like the cables.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Do you have the offsets for the other meshes (VC, RMS, etc.) to the main Orbiter mesh?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Do you have the offsets for the other meshes (VC, RMS, etc.) to the main Orbiter mesh?

The RMS and Ku band DA should fit without any additional offsets just like before. I don't have any for the STBD MPMs or the VC. The VC is tricky thanks to its high triangle count so I haven't been able to do any detailed measurements.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
For the OMS pod mission file parameter, what exactly should be specified in the mission file? Should it define the OMS pod texture or the mesh?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
For the OMS pod mission file parameter, what exactly should be specified in the mission file? Should it define the OMS pod texture or the mesh?
Mesh, as there have been a few iterations before they settled on the current configuration. Make sure the option supports defining different parameters for each OMS pod.

SiameseCat

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The VC should now be working for the new meshes. I'm still working on the animations and other stuff. It would be helpful if someone could make sure that all the panels are working; I think I fixed all the panels, but I might have missed one.

If someone wants to tweak the position of the cockpit mesh, it's set by the VC_OFFSET constant in Atlantis_defs.h

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The VC should now be working for the new meshes. I'm still working on the animations and other stuff. It would be helpful if someone could make sure that all the panels are working; I think I fixed all the panels, but I might have missed one.
No issues here, all the implemented switches animate properly.