agreed as not everyone will be using the ISS experience V2

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
agreed as not everyone will be using the ISS experience V2
You are confusing [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3288"]Donamy's ISS Experience v2[/ame] with [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3737"]Thornton's International Space Station v1.1[/ame].

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
it seems I cannot as I don't wish to use the ISS Experience.

no confusion just a personal preference.
Some slight confusion, as I doubt Thornton will release his Soyuz with Donamy's ISS Experience in any case. That was the point of my post: I expect the Soyuz will come with his very own ISS v2 (an upgrade from his current v1.1). Not that any of that helps you any :p

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
ahhh I see. I shall go back to my corner and keep quiet! Thanks for the correction Tbxland

Ark

Reaction score
I support our lowly, pathetic pleas for a separate release. :)

isda

Reaction score
:huh: Hi Thorton...can I know your ISS v2 progress...

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
Good morning gentlemen,
For Mr. Thorton, I am having some trouble with your TMA and .NET Framework 3.5. Neither of them seem to work on my computer. Whenever the Progress or TMA unfurl their panels, soon after I get a CTD. I have Vista, which may be the problem. But could you clarify my issue? It would help a lot.

isda

Reaction score
Thorton...thanks a lot for your TMA separate release, I really appreciate it.

andrew

Reaction score
Вопрос к THORTON,у. Как посадить СА после расстыковки с МКС? Если следовать мануалу, СА приземляется где-то на Алтае :(. Какой остаток топлива нужен для торможения? P.S. Спасибо за замечательнный аддон! (SSORY, I CAN NOT REGYSTER IN RUSSIAN FORUM, PLEASE DONT DELETE MESSAGE!)

SPQR

Reaction score
First of all I give you again my congratulations for the Soyuz TMA and the Progress, I just keep piloting them in Orbiter ;)

Do you intend to get your TMA destructible in case of a bad reentry angle (temperature or G forces being the cause) later ?

As a test, I even tried to dive directly in prograde into the atmosphere without jettisoning the modules. Sadly the modules ejection was automatic and the RM/SA module was automatically turned, the heatshield facing the reentry.

Being able to die in the reentry is really a big thrill and a good reason to take care of your reentry angle.

I also used to listen Igor's "Soyuz sequential sound pack" I found immersive even if I can't understand russian. This addon used to work with the Mustard & No Matter "Soyuz series" but not anymore with the R7 Project rockets.

Is it due to how the R7 is configurated (stages and so on) that the sound pack does'nt work ? Is there a solution to correct that ?

At least (a bit off topic), will the next International Space Station addon propose later upgraded ISS version ?

Thorton

sense offender
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Вопрос к THORTON,у. Как посадить СА после расстыковки с МКС? Если следовать мануалу, СА приземляется где-то на Алтае :(. Какой остаток топлива нужен для торможения? P.S. Спасибо за замечательнный аддон! (SSORY, I CAN NOT REGYSTER IN RUSSIAN FORUM, PLEASE DONT DELETE MESSAGE!)

Dont remember exact numbers, you should leave for reentry about 20-25% of fuel.

I'll check manual, it's posible i forget to update landing section before release.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Do you intend to get your TMA destructible in case of a bad reentry angle (temperature or G forces being the cause) later ?

As a test, I even tried to dive directly in prograde into the atmosphere without jettisoning the modules. Sadly the modules ejection was automatic and the RM/SA module was automatically turned, the heatshield facing the reentry.

Being able to die in the reentry is really a big thrill and a good reason to take care of your reentry angle.

I also used to listen Igor's "Soyuz sequential sound pack" I found immersive even if I can't understand russian. This addon used to work with the Mustard & No Matter "Soyuz series" but not anymore with the R7 Project rockets.

Is it due to how the R7 is configurated (stages and so on) that the sound pack does'nt work ? Is there a solution to correct that ?

At least (a bit off topic), will the next International Space Station addon propose later upgraded ISS version ?

Actually it will destroy if fall into atmosphere with pressurisez BO.
This TMA (SA) like real one automatically establish proper orientation during reentry.

Only way to simulate correct destruction its calculate thermal flows during reentry.
So i cant promise this feature in next version.
I think next version of TMA will include thermal shield heat glow during reentry like DG4.

About sound pack, i'm not the author of R-7 so i cant tell why it isnt working. I suppose at this time its impossible to make this addons work together.

Next ISS addon will include all misiion and configuration up to STS-108.

andrew

Reaction score
Where i can find real SOUYZ landing profile with distanses and reentery angle? (Or real flight manual;)) I know, this data acscessible for SPASE SHUTTLE.
As simulated reentery profile is close to real?
When BO is jetisson? before (for fuel economy) or after deorbit burn?

Last edited:

SPQR

Reaction score
Thank you very much Thorton for your answers and all your effort in creating realistic Soyuz & Progress vessels. Looking forwards hearing from you soon.

For the soundpack, I guess I'll have to try to merge all the pieces into a single mp3 piece as music.

isda

Reaction score
Hi...Mr. Thorton, wanna ask about ur vc planning...

Thorton

sense offender
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have plan to implement VC, but dont know when. And if i make it all names, labels, buttons etc in VC will be on russian only.

isda

Reaction score
:) SOUNDs good it would be more realistic in russian..how about the mfds in the vc itself? are they also in russian? :cheers: