Problem [Solved] Orbiter 2016 won't run in native resolution

SlapHazard

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She
I recently installed O2016 with D3D9 on a new laptop, which has an Nvidia GeForce GTX1050, but for some reason I can't get the simulator to run in the computer's native resolution, that being 1920x1080 pixels.
I've selected that resolution in the settings, but it just doesn't look like it's running at that when in-game. Additionally, in the D3D9 settings the box for anti-aliasing is greyed out and inaccessible. What could be the problem here, and how can I fix it?

My computer is a HP Pavilion 15 with an Intel Core i5-8300H, 8GiB RAM and a GeForce GTX1050 running Windows 10. D3D9 is currently set to run off the dedicated GPU.

Last edited:

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I recently installed O2016 with D3D9 on a new laptop, which has an Nvidia GeForce GTX1050, but for some reason I can't get the simulator to run in the computer's native resolution, that being 1920x1080 pixels.
I've selected that resolution in the settings, but it just doesn't look like it's running at that when in-game. Additionally, in the D3D9 settings the box for anti-aliasing is greyed out and inaccessible. What could be the problem here, and how can I fix it?

My computer is a HP Pavilion 15 with an Intel Core i5-8300H, 8GiB RAM and a GeForce GTX1050 running Windows 10. D3D9 is currently set to run off the dedicated GPU.

Hi!
Can you post the log?
(open the Orbiter.log file with notepad, copy the contents and paste them here, inside CODE tags)

SlapHazard

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She
Okay, here's the log, with an in-game screenshot and one of the menu:

Attachments

• Orbiter.log
    1.6 KB · Views: 5
  • screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 19
  • screenshot2.png
    screenshot2.png
    277.8 KB · Views: 22

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
The log you posted just was only after you opened the Launchpad, right? Please run a scenario and post the log generated.
Also, in the sim, move the mouse to the top of the image and a drop down menu should appear. Right-click in it and in the window that shows up go to "Auxiliary Info info bars" and select "Viewport info" in any of the combo boxes, and the resolution will be shown.

SlapHazard

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She
The log you posted just was only after you opened the Launchpad, right? Please run a scenario and post the log generated.
Also, in the sim, move the mouse to the top of the image and a drop down menu should appear. Right-click in it and in the window that shows up go to "Auxiliary Info info bars" and select "Viewport info" in any of the combo boxes, and the resolution will be shown.

Gotcha- as you can see in the screenshot, Orbiter is running at 1536x864 pixels. The log itself is also attached:

Attachments

• screenshot3.jpg
    screenshot3.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 11
  • Orbiter.txt
    11.6 KB · Views: 2

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Gotcha- as you can see in the screenshot, Orbiter is running at 1536x864 pixels. The log itself is also attached:

That's a round 80% of what is in the Launchpad... not sure if relevant... :shrug:
The log seems OK. Try posting the D3D9 log (Modules/D3D9Client/D3D9ClientLog.html).
Did you try other resolutions? Are they respected?
What about changing the Full Screen Mode option in the Launchpad?
Could the resolution be limited by some setting in the NVIDIA control panel?

SlapHazard

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She
I haven't really got any explanation for this, but I ran it once in true fullscreen and it just sort of magically started working, and after that it ran in the correct resolution in fullscreen window as well. Basically, it's just resolved itself without any immediately apparent reason, but I guess that's computers for you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But anyway, thanks for helping me with this!

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I haven't really got any explanation for this, but I ran it once in true fullscreen and it just sort of magically started working, and after that it ran in the correct resolution in fullscreen window as well.

Nice to hear. I was thinking about telling you to try exactly that,...but I seemed to ridiculous :thumbup: