Problem Sim shuts down at moon

Kirscovitch

Reaction score
When I arrive at the moon with either the delta glider or ravenstar, once I get into a stable low orbit, as soon as I get near sunrise, the game boots me. I haven't played in a while but I don't remember having this problem in the past. Could it be a visual settings issue?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
When I arrive at the moon with either the delta glider or ravenstar, once I get into a stable low orbit, as soon as I get near sunrise, the game boots me. I haven't played in a while but I don't remember having this problem in the past. Could it be a visual settings issue?

I have no idea. Does Orbiter.log contain any hints? Is there some error message or does it quit without any indication of a problem?

Does it only happen at the moon or can you reproduce the problem by orbiting Earth for a while? Does the error happen if you start in lunar Orbit?

Kirscovitch

Reaction score
I have no idea. Does Orbiter.log contain any hints? Is there some error message or does it quit without any indication of a problem?

Does it only happen at the moon or can you reproduce the problem by orbiting Earth for a while? Does the error happen if you start in lunar Orbit?
Where do I find this log? And after 4 flights to the moon I always get booted at the same spot the day/night terminator.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Where do I find this log? And after 4 flights to the moon I always get booted at the same spot the day/night terminator.

In the orbiter installation folder, right alongside Orbiter.exe. Configure Windows Explorer to also display the known file extensions, in case you are not sure which kind of file you are looking for. Otherwise it might appear as a file named "Orbiter" of the type "Log file" or translated into your configured language.