Project Russian ACTS (Advanced Crew Transportation System)

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
http://www.russianspaceweb.com/soyuz_acts_history.html

I will be making this spacecraft for orbiter and i hope you guys injoy

btw any ideas for textures as this is still just an idea not an actuall project for the russians yet

im stuck between these 2
acts_leo_1.jpg

Or

acts_2008_07_iso_2.jpg

see attach ment for current pic of develupment

:cheers:

Attachments

• ACTS.PNG
    ACTS.PNG
    102.4 KB · Views: 57

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Looks cool, keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Shadow Addict

Reaction score
I glimpsed that first image and thought for a second that was the addon, and you'd created the greatest Orbiter model since the XR-2. Then I got sad. :p

Nonetheless the ACTUAL model looks pretty good so far!

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I glimpsed that first image and thought for a second that was the addon, and you'd created the greatest Orbiter model since the XR-2. Then I got sad. :p

Nonetheless the ACTUAL model looks pretty good so far!

lol thats what i though you guys were thinking because afterall this is my firtst "real" addon other than some random plane thing i made for myself

its looking good though i got the basic sm on just testing it out as i go along should be done in a day or so

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
lol thats what i though you guys were thinking because afterall this is my firtst "real" addon other than some random plane thing i made for myself

its looking good though i got the basic sm on just testing it out as i go along should be done in a day or so

It's looking good so far, but don't rush it. 1 day seems a little short, so take your time and make it great!

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
this release will just be beta to test all the stuff see if it is possible to do anything with it and then i will continue to work on it and closer to the end hopfully it will be as good as amsos apollo capsule

mc_

Reaction score
Idea is good, as it looks like the next russian ship will be this one. Good luck!

Mesh looks good, but it seems to have some problems with smoothing groups. Maybe, it was exported through .3ds ? If so, use .obj format to export (it helped me when i ran into the same problem with my slowly-going TKS VA).

P.S. (as always): .dll? VC? UMMU?

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Idea is good, as it looks like the next russian ship will be this one. Good luck!

Mesh looks good, but it seems to have some problems with smoothing groups. Maybe, it was exported through .3ds ? If so, use .obj format to export (it helped me when i ran into the same problem with my slowly-going TKS VA).

P.S. (as always): .dll? VC? UMMU?

my first version wont be dll as i am still learning c++

but future versions will

and for the smoothing i think its my snapshot because it seems to look fine in orbiter

mc_

Reaction score
and for the smoothing i think its my snapshot because it seems to look fine in orbiter
All right then.

Just for information, how the problem looks:

Here is how the problem looks (.3ds export):

And the .obj export, without changing the smoothing groups:

SiberianTiger

News Sifter
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
tigerofsiberia.livejournal.com
Alexw95, are you going to make it with landing jets only, parachutes or both? I believe, Energia is currently favouring the latter option most. Although pure SRB-powered landing might be fun to model and fly in Orbiter...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Alexw95, are you going to make it with landing jets only, parachutes or both? I believe, Energia is currently favouring the latter option most. Although pure SRB-powered landing might be fun to model and fly in Orbiter...

It is SRM, not SRB. SRBs are booster stages using a SRM, a solid rocket motor.

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
Nice project! Our community just relased a similar one, the Antares Capsule!

K_Jameson

Reaction score
Wow!

VERY similar to the our Antares Spacecraft, published some days ago!

mc_

Reaction score
It looks like ACTS has much in common with the SpaceX Dragon. It's just more complex (Dragon is designed for water landing, does not have main engines (rcs only) and so on).

Both vessels (and Antares also) have the same configuration because of one of the goals is maximising the reusable mass (reentry capsule in these cases) and commom elements in different systems built on it's base (like Antares-LR -SR and -RV. ACTS is supposed to have something like this). It just cant be done another way.

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score

it is going to be with both the so far i have parachutes on it and working on the landing jets

i have decided to launch it on an ariane 5

Tacolev

Reaction score
Looking great so far.
Why the Ariane for LV I might ask?