News Rio de Janeiro wins Olympic in 2016

Brad

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Congratulations for Rio winning the Olympics in 2016. I am sure glad they won other than Chicago (which I believe didn't have a chance).

Questions, since the Summer Olympics are usually held in August, and since that time of year would be considered "winter", would they change the month to May?

On a side note: As any Techie knows, the world is going to end in 2012 anyways.... :p

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
On a side note: As any Techie knows, the world is going to end in 2012 anyways.... :p

Yes, because the sun will travel the 25600 light years to the center of the galaxy instantly and get eaten by the black hole...:p

Congratulations for Rio, also for being the first Olympics in South America.

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I was hoping for Tokyo, but congrats to Rio!

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Congrats Rio, but I was hoping for Chicago.
My reasoning? Since Chicago is America's Intercity Rail hub, I was hoping for some improvement to Amtrak which would ripple-effect to the whole system, or get these out of the way and allow improvements elsewhere.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Obama failed his Chicago Machine pals. Just as well, I hate it when the Olumpics are in the US. I dread the day they come anywhere near where I live.

Moonwalker

Reaction score
One of the worlds biggest commercial events where the worlds most professional doping taker meet together to show their amazingly unnatural performances ;)

Unstung

Reaction score
Brazil seems to be the first South American country to host the Games:
Summer_olympics_all_cities2.PNG

The Australian 2000 Summer Olympics was held back until September:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_Summer_Olympics

simonpro

Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Thank god that's over. The entire city was pretty much shut down yesterday when the Obama circus was here. I hate to think how much it cost us to host the vote, andI hate to think how much money was wasted with Obama coming all the way over for 5 whole hours, he's had security teams here for two weeks prior. Absolutely insane.

Anyway, I'm glad Rio got it. I'm also surprised that Madrid did so well, I thought that they'd be first out.