Project ReShade for Orbiter D3D9 (WIP Thread)

Abdullah Radwan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
@Solarliner: Any official feedback so far?

It looks like someone is using it with O2016..
https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=20&page=488

I can confirm it works with Orbiter 2016. You just need to download this ReShade version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/43ulu31ui431z43/ReShade+Framework+1.1.0.7z
Then follow the topic's instructions.

Note that you might have a runtime error. If this happened, you should reduce the rendering settings. You should enable D3D9 Anti Aliasing and reduce other settings such as anisotropic filtering.

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I can confirm it works with Orbiter 2016. You just need to download this ReShade version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/43ulu31ui431z43/ReShade+Framework+1.1.0.7z
Then follow the topic's instructions.

Note that you might have a runtime error. If this happened, you should reduce the rendering settings. You should enable D3D9 Anti Aliasing and reduce other settings such as anisotropic filtering.

I have it installed following the instructions in the related thread but nothing happens when I press the scroll-lock button: I get this message on the top left corner

"Loading effects.... no effect found"

Immagine.jpg

Snax

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Hi Wolf, you probably not copied the settings to the good location or renamed reshade32.ddl to d3d9.ddl.

If it's still not working, try mine, I zipped reshade with the settings (I edited the settings to my liking, you probably want to edit too, some effects are not very good yey, too much bloom etc)
https://www17.zippyshare.com/v/ujgOytPS/file.html

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi Wolf, you probably not copied the settings to the good location or renamed reshade32.ddl to d3d9.ddl.

If it's still not working, try mine, I zipped reshade with the settings (I edited the settings to my liking, you probably want to edit too, some effects are not very good yey, too much bloom etc)
https://www17.zippyshare.com/v/ujgOytPS/file.html

Thanks for your support. I renamed the .dll file so maybe I missed something else or put something in the wrong place....

I ll check it again.

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

Ok I ve checked my install vs yours and they seem to be identical, still mine does not work.. I am sure I missed something though.

I tried yours and all the objects have a huge bluish glow effect around them (including the sun). Is that normal or it is just how you set your effects? BTW how can you change/tweak the reshade settings?

Last edited:

Snax

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
The blue effects are from the bloom parameters in every CFG in the Reshade folder. I have tried to mess with the effect to see what can be done.
To edit the effects you can open them with a text editor and check every line, while Orbiter is still running so you can then see the effects change in realtime each time you save the files.

Having a good result to my liking is a bit tricky as Orbiter already have a lot of light (atmosphere, sun, engine flames and trails, etc)
If you want to see the settings by SolarLiner, you can overwrite my settings with his, it should work.

Last edited:

gamer19

Reaction score
bump :)

do you have/had any ReShade experience with Orbiter ?
https://reshade.me/
I remember I used to have it installed into my Orbiter (2010?) installation and it worked just fine. happy days ?
in fact...
I was spending almost the same amount of time fiddling with all the vast reshade options than actually playing
with the game itself. and, let me tell you... Orbiter looked even more stunning with it. boy ! look at this post e.g.
https://www.orbiter-forum.com/threads/orbiter-screenshot-thread.8/page-341#post-7094

However... these days, in O'16, when I tried to install it - it simply refuse to work :confused:
maybe it has something to do with latest 3d client, I don't know, I'm far from being an expert.
anyways... wish to kindly ask, do you guys have some experience with it, or any advice. miss it dearly :(

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
That screenshot is not that far from what you should have with the D3D9 client and all settings maxed out. You might also be interested in the Skybolt graphic client project, which looks very promising. (y)

gamer19

Reaction score
thank you @N_Molson for your answer
I have install Skybold, but like with those new L10 Earth clouds I don't see much of a difference. maybe it's just me
I activate it through plugin tab of Orbiter launch console
However... I still want to point out that Reshade is what I really want. to play with all those options
So, if anyone have any advice, or knows how to use it in today's Orbiter I'm more than happy to listen
thank you all

Reaction score
I mean I've gotten Reshade to work, well not this config, but did you install reshade to the Orbiter.exe in your modules/server?

Reaction score
yes, of course

View attachment 29143

how did you made it work ? :oops:
I opened the Reshade installer, I clicked browse for a game, and I put C:\[INSTALL]\Modules\Server\orbiter.exe, well the "[INSTALL]" part is just there as an example. Then I clicked next, and chose DirectX 9 for the API. Then you just choose our options then install. And do not install Reshade on like Orbiter_ng.exe.

Reaction score
why ?
I don't want to use older versions
is it not possible ?
I mean I've tried on Orbiter_ng.exe, but it doesn't work. I mean I can get it to work on Orbiter_ng.exe if I installed it on the orbiter.exe in the Modules under server.

gamer19

Reaction score
you lost me there buddy
I was hoping this could be easier than that :(
damn

clipper

Reaction score
you lost me there buddy
I was hoping this could be easier than that :(
damn
Judging by your screenshot, you've installed ReShade in your main Orbiter folder (the one containing the usual D3D7 orbiter.exe and Orbiter_ng.exe) - you're NOT supposed to install it there; instead you should point the ReShade installer to the orbiter.exe located in the Modules/Server folder as @Mr. Residuals pointed out previously.

Once you do that, you can run Orbiter_ng.exe with the D3D9 client as usual and it should work as intended.

gamer19

Reaction score
Judging by your screenshot, you've installed ReShade in your main Orbiter folder (the one containing the usual D3D7 orbiter.exe and Orbiter_ng.exe) - you're NOT supposed to install it there; instead you should point the ReShade installer to the orbiter.exe located in the Modules/Server folder as @Mr. Residuals pointed out previously.

Once you do that, you can run Orbiter_ng.exe with the D3D9 client as usual and it should work as intended.
good god !
can't believe it's that simple :eek:

orbiter-2022-06-16-23-09-33-081-B.jpg

works as intended :giggle:
to me difference is more than obvious.
thanks mate

potjoe

Reaction score
Have you been able to set it up under Win 11 ? I'm having a crash to desktop whenever I start a simulation...

gamer19

Reaction score
Have you been able to set it up under Win 11 ? I'm having a crash to desktop whenever I start a simulation...
damn, that's a bad news :(
I mean once I switch to W11. thank god I still have good old W10
maybe there's some newer version of reshade, that works under W11, can't imagine it will stop now all of sudden :unsure: