Advanced Question ReFuel Arrow Theme needs help

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hello all, I am back... Been gone a long time. Running Orbiter 2010 P1 (I believe) with the DX9 Client (if thats the right name)

I am dusting off my old GIMP skills and Ive been looking for a basic template for starting the ReFuel arrow paint for the Universal Cars and Cargos 2.5 Christmas release. I've searched orbit hangar, but all i've found was for first release Dan did way back a long time ago. Anyone have a blank template and/or a url to download such a beast? I think Arrow spacecraft would look good in ReFuel colors

On a side note, I am not sure what I will name the craft, so I will be taking suggestions and the winner will get mention in the credits file when the addon is complete. Names allready used in the ReFuel fleet are as follows so please do not susgest these names

Enterprise
Morning Star
Edmund Fitzgerald
Epsilon Moonshade
ReFuel One

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Conveyor, Cavalier, Sirius?

Any river in the world that is important to commerce would be pretty good I think.

Last edited:

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I was thinking at first naming it "Rock of the Marne" after the 3ID http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3rd_Infantry_Division_%28United_States%29 which I was a part of during my time in the US Army, but naming it after a major river or a important waterway of commerce is an excellent idea. Can't wait to see what others come up with.

Also, I will be improving the engines and reinforcing the hull for maneuvers on Mars, a place I wanted to build a spaceport on before I got out of the scene. I can see many flights back and forth between the ReFuel spaceport on the Moon and the Mars base as one of its primary roles when entered into the fleet.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
ReFuel Valdez
Blue Danube

Or, for the fun of it... Rodnol. :lol:

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Found what I was looking for

Well its seems that Dan in all his wisdom did include some templates to work with. there are files for all basic hull plating, and eye candy located in files with a '_dump' added to them. I got some time so I am starting the paint job.... I am still taking suggestions for names so keep em coming. The only bad suggestion for a name is the one you haven't submitted

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

White Volga anyone? :)

A search of this yielded results of an artist named Volga White... can you tell me where u got this?

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Release 1 (R1) of my new skin can be found here... Its a work in progress so please feel free to comment on what you think so far

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
I remember that quite some time ago (maybe one year or so...) some OF user was working on an Arrow template.

I found this on OH, did you see it?
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5514"]Clean UCGO Arrow Template[/ame]

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
A search of this yielded results of an artist named Volga White... can you tell me where u got this?

The White Volga has multiple meanings. The most common is the tartaric name for a tributary of the Kama river named Aq Ithil, which is translated to "White Volga" (Since in tartar language, the Kama river is the Volga (Ithil), which is also geographically more correct since it is bigger in discharge)

HiPotOk1978

ReFuel L.L.C CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
ReFuel Blue Danube Arrow Paint Final

Well its done. I think my skills with GIMP are improving and I hope future add-ons are even prettier than this one. I'll be uploading the final product in a few minutes, Thanks for all the name suggestions that I received. The Winner Urwumpe has also received credit in the .txt file included in the add-on