Humor Random Comments Thread

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
It would surprise me if others on the forum have not done the same.

Try researching aerial images, maps and photos to model military bases
That will put you on the list and you might even get some friendly emails from concerned citizens with some questions. Happened to me :thumbup:

Photographing docked military vessels might also work.
Once I was photographed back while taking a photo of a docked vessel :)

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
As long as we also look up materials used in Star Trek (or others), we easily pass for Trekkies instead of terrorists. :rofl:

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
Alas, my loyal 2005 Civic snapped its timing belt after 356,000 good miles. It was exactly due for replacement and I had scheduled for the service next week. So sad.

I always hated probability and statistics.

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
The timing belt, The one thing mechanics go out of the way to avoid changing. At least my garage is honest about not doing them and strait up refuses to do them at all. My brothers car went when its timing belt snapped a week after it was "replaced" by a garage. Suffice to say that garage is no more and he got a new car out of the pay out.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
It's 26 miles of some of Nevada's most inhospitable desert between the nearest highway and the border of Groom Lake.

I think they won't need to do anything to defend the area... just rescue trapped idiots.

Maybe turn it into a SAR exercise?

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Hm, sounds like the military got some new non-lethal weapons or crowd dispersal toys, and are itching to try them out. So they organized this invasion by pretending to be some idiot on Facebook...

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
[ame="https://twitter.com/VP/status/1152287464813469697"]Vice President Mike Pence on Twitter: "50 years ago history was made when three American astronauts landed on the moon! It was great joining President @realDonaldTrump, @FLOTUS, @JimBridenstine, @TheRealBuzz & Michael Collins today to commemorate this special day in our nation’s history! #Apollo50th… https://t.co/AKQXJjStwD"[/ame]

Mike Pence said:
50 years ago history was made when three American astronauts landed on the moon! It was great joining President @realDonaldTrump, @FLOTUS, @JimBridenstine, @TheRealBuzz & Michael Collins today to commemorate this special day in our nation’s history! #Apollo50th

Oy................
:facepalm:

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Forum members that witnessed Apollo 11 live on TV?

Besides myself, is there anyone "old" enough to have witnessed these amazing events 50 years ago?

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Mom said I watched the moon landing while sitting in our living room floor. I was 14 months old. I do remember some of the Skylab missions.