Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
It wouldn't surprise me if somewhere in his mad scientist's lab Artlav actually has a small black hole in a confinement field...
Curious you should mention that, since look what i just found floating around -

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
Curious you should mention that, since look what i just found floating around -
A pocket wormhole - YouTube

Artlav maybe has something to do with this: Radio Station UVB-76 / MDZhB. It is a radio station that transmits a buzzer ("The Buzzer") 24 hours a day and sometimes voice messages (probably coded).

Here is a web page from a listener who then relays the Internet.
http://uvb-76.net/

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
Estonia has become the 21st member of the ESA today. Welcome Estonia!

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The last message from the pilot reported an engine flame-out... those turbo props are more reliable than swiss watches if maintained properly, I wonder what caused it.

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
The last message from the pilot reported an engine flame-out... those turbo props are more reliable than swiss watches if maintained properly, I wonder what caused it.

In 2011 in my country, a Saab 340 aircraft crashed, it was considered very safe aircraft (as the investigations said). The issue was that the engines failed (due to a severe freeze) and the plane crashed and burned.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That plane crash video is sickening to watch.

Yeah. People died. It's all well and good to speculate on stalls and engine failures, but the fact is that we all just watched lives end. I can only imagine the terror happening inside during the final moments.

The fact that there are survivors is astounding.

steph

Reaction score
The fact that there are survivors is astounding.

Yep. Seems to me this is quite "light" as far as air crashes go, in regards to speed and angle of impact - more similar to a crash landing than to a downward plunge. Also, reading the crash history of the ATR family, there seem to be plenty of occasions where there were survivors. I don't think I've seen such a high survival rate at the bigger jets.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yep. Seems to me this is quite "light" as far as air crashes go, in regards to speed and angle of impact - more similar to a crash landing than to a downward plunge. Also, reading the crash history of the ATR family, there seem to be plenty of occasions where there were survivors. I don't think I've seen such a high survival rate at the bigger jets.

Its also a matter of speed - such a turboprop even crashes slower than many airliners.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Well, that was unexpected:
LV9fLv2.jpg

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
IIRC mythbusters tried a salami rocket.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I had to take the MMPI test after work today. I got an astounding amount of money to fill in circles (overtime, I don't love it, but sometimes it's pretty awesome).

We have to take this silly test every 5 years. At least I'm in the clear for a while... :shifty:

MattBaker

Reaction score
We have to take this silly test every 5 years. At least I'm in the clear for a while... :shifty:

Well, I'd rather prefer you taking some tests instead of someone with mental problems having some amount of control of a nuclear facility, if that's okay with you.:lol: