Reaction score
Some values there?

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
X, Y, Z .... :cheers:

He missed one dimension: time. Well, today I do not have much time.

Some values there?

The presence of a father is important for a child's development.

The traditional family unit is important.

Sorry, was that not helpful? :tiphat:

These are more valuable, if we talk about monetary values.
gold-frame-berkshire-hathaway-stock-certificate-630x350.png

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Some values there?

Some coarse reference ... since many pictures in the WWW mistake a Utahraptor for a Velociraptor, thanks to Jurassic Park.

Dromie_scale.png

The real velociraptor is very small... but then, for riding animals, there are much more interesting birds around, like a huge feathered Utahraptor:

Utahraptor_scale.png

The kind of predator that you don't want to meet in a dark alley.

Last edited:

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The kind of predator that you don't want to meet in a dark alley.

In that particular situation lighting condition would be very low on my list of things to worry about. :lol:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
In that particular situation lighting condition would be very low on my list of things to worry about. :lol:

I am pretty sure, its almost better to not see what is eating you. :lol:

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The presence of a father is important for a child's development.

The traditional family unit is important.

Sorry, was that not helpful? :tiphat:

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
Well AVG I'm going to have to say goodbye to you, It's only taken a week of messing with settings to find out that Its been artificially throttling my network connection and all to try and get me to pay for a service that I don't need, I only need to get a different AntiVirus program to fix my problems... I feel a nasty letter coming on. And Maybe a bill for wasting so much of my time.

Just to give you an idea of how bad it was it took the better part of 5 minutes yesterday to load the front page of the forum, today less than a second.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I wonder, are there any genuine antiviruses left these days?

There is a stand-alone scanning tool maintained by Kaspersky crowd, AVZ, which i occasionally use to scan a friend's computer for viruses.

Other than that, i only seen bloatware that do nothing useful and lots of nothing.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
My biggest gripes about AVG are 1)The frequency of engine updates, which has been about every 2 days or so the past couple weeks. 2)Any time there is a definitions update, it hogs all system resources so that I cannot do anything else until it finishes its operations, even on my quad-core i7 with 16GB RAM.

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I wonder, are there any genuine antiviruses left these days?

There is a stand-alone scanning tool maintained by Kaspersky crowd, AVZ, which i occasionally use to scan a friend's computer for viruses.

Other than that, i only seen bloatware that do nothing useful and lots of nothing.
Downloaded Microsoft Security Essentials when it came out, and it did the job well. It is an anti virus, but not more, it gave me few false positives but catches viruses every time.

No ads coming on with it, free to use, and definitions updates everyday. It's a very nice one to have IMO.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Downloaded Microsoft Security Essentials when it came out, and it did the job well. It is an anti virus, but not more, it gave me few false positives but catches viruses every time.

No ads coming on with it, free to use, and definitions updates everyday. It's a very nice one to have IMO.

That and the occasional scan with Malwarebytes free the odd time when problems arise seems to work pretty well (how can relatives and friends manage to get in a situation where Malwarebytes finds dozens of things is beyond me).

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
My biggest gripes about AVG are 1)The frequency of engine updates, which has been about every 2 days or so the past couple weeks. 2)Any time there is a definitions update, it hogs all system resources so that I cannot do anything else until it finishes its operations, even on my quad-core i7 with 16GB RAM.

I have had the same issues.

I switched to the Windows Defender that comes with Windows 8, It seems good, I personally don't mind false positives so long as it catches all the real threats.

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
Although I regularly scan my computer with ESET, from time to time I also use Malwarebytes and Dr.Web CureIt.

AVG was for me a mess, large consumption of RAM, bad functionality. Avast at first I liked (because it has a lot of built-in utilities), but ended up being a disappointment when I had problems with viruses.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
That and the occasional scan with Malwarebytes free the odd time when problems arise seems to work pretty well (how can relatives and friends manage to get in a situation where Malwarebytes finds dozens of things is beyond me).

I use Malwarebytes, Avast!, and Super Antispyware. It's a reliable combo that's never let my family down.