Humor Random Comments Thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I honestly consider Pride and Prejudice to be among the worst things I've read...

I agree there - but many literature experts liked it in their teen years... around 1900.

Bibi Uncle

50% Orbinaut, 50% Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
We used to have RadioShacks in Canada, but they were bought by The Source and became useless "electronic" shops. I bought pretty much all my basic electronics from a RadioShack in Boston (and I had trouble at the customs because of batteries...).

The company I was working for also filed for bankruptcy a few weeks ago. I worked there 2 and a half years... Goodbye Jardin Mobile! (found this English interview... Québec City is very francophone, sorry)

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
We used to have RadioShacks in Canada, but they were bought by The Source and became useless "electronic" shops. I bought pretty much all my basic electronics from a RadioShack in Boston (and I had trouble at the customs because of batteries...).

The company I was working for also filed for bankruptcy a few weeks ago. I worked there 2 and a half years... Goodbye Jardin Mobile! (found this English interview... Québec City is very francophone, sorry)

Yeah, Radioshack used to actually have useful stuff for projects involving electronics, but the source is way overpriced in that area, almost useless.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, that was unexpected:
LV9fLv2.jpg

Things to consider:

- Boeing's current corporate slogan is "fueled by our people."
- Salami can be made from people.
- Salami can be used as a hybrid rocket fuel.
- Salami is much cheaper than standard rocket fuels.
- Boeing makes rockets.

Conclusion: if you are a Boeing employee, read the terms of your employment VERY CAREFULLY.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Well, I'd rather prefer you taking some tests instead of someone with mental problems having some amount of control of a nuclear facility, if that's okay with you.:lol:

Wish our managers had to take the freakin' thing though. Want to talk about idiots-in-charge, some of these knuckheads are hardly capable of tying their shoes.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

steph

Reaction score
While I've seen GFS (weather forecasting model) do some spectacular flops in the past, never before have I seen it go so wrong that it forecasted sheep. Right about where the little ones are, I should be looking at a geopotential map.
I don't get it though...what run is this? At what time in the forecast do the sheep come in? Is it normal for sheep to show up after a certain forecast interval? Is it trying to say that the weather will be the kind of weather that makes sheep happy?

GFSsheep.jpg

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Picture, if you will, a scene: A frog sits at the border of a lake, staring at a group of people mounting a new engine into a boat. No matter how long it watches them with its wide boggly eyes, it just can't comprehend what's going on. Eventually, it goes "RRRRibit?"

Now picture myself, sitting in front of a computer monitor, my eyes about as wide as the frog's, staring at a particular overly long line of code that has strong resemblance with a partial screenshot of a dwarf fortress game. My level of understanding is somewhere thereabouts with my green compatriot.

Eventually, I go "RRRRegex?"

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
More overtime today to see the shrink regarding my MMPI. For such a silly test, it was a pretty lucrative for me to endure.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Just going off of the name, it sounds like a test to determine if you honestly believe you are the phsyical incarnation of Minnesota and/or Jesse Ventura.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Pretty interesting project: A "Battlestar Galactica" live-action role playing game weekend on a former German destroyer.

http://www.projekt-exodus.com/

Looks extremely cool on that location.

... And also paid a lot by German taxes. 60,000 Euro of the 80,000 Euro budget for the convention are paid by the German [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Agency_for_Civic_Education"]federal agency for civic education[/ame] (The main task of this agency after its foundation was fighting communism)

The ship is the Mölders, a variant of the Charles F. Adams class of the USA. It is in a museum at Wilhelmshaven. Its class was the only federal German warship with steam turbine, all later ships used Diesel engines and/or gas turbines.

Last edited:

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
You should have linked to photos.

It also appears that this is being played at other locations, see project website. Photos.

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Is it normal for sheep to show up after a certain forecast interval?

Dunno about sheep, but in Orbiter we have goats!

test_ride.jpg

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Gimme some time and I'll make some UCGO sheep for Orbiter