Humor Random Comments Thread

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Xkcd 869 is especially annoying when your browser is misidentified as a mobile browser and the mobile site in question is so crippled as to be less useful than the desktop site even on a phone (which, in my experience, is 99% of mobile sites).

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
I'm confused, a site I'm trying to connect to times out if I connect directly using an address, takes 3-5 min to load a page if connected via an IP address, but loads like normal via a proxy... And for what I'm trying to do a proxy is not a suitable solution.

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I'm confused, a site I'm trying to connect to times out if I connect directly using an address, takes 3-5 min to load a page if connected via an IP address, but loads like normal via a proxy... And for what I'm trying to do a proxy is not a suitable solution.

Would need more information there to understand the problem.

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com
Wow. A380s are actually really tiny...
640px-QF_A380_and_NZ_A320_SODPROPS_Sydney_Airport.jpg

SODPROPS. Now there's a backronym if ever I saw one...

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
Would need more information there to understand the problem.

Turns out my ISP has been having issues and it will be fixed some time tomorrow (of course the original ETA was 2200BST so they are already running late).

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Went out stargazing for some time tonight, for the first time in ages. Saw several satellites and watched the finest sliver of the lunar surface sink under the tree line, nicely lines up with Venus. Can't wait to have my glasses back so everything isn't so poorly defined.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I got my antique vacuum tube radio repaired and the guy handed me a bag with the old tubes in it. I'm trying to decide what to use them for.

Some sort of steampunkish project, maybe? A retro sci fi thing of some sort? I'm thinking some sort of Robert Heinlein-inspired art work, maybe, with blinking lights to look like a prop from a 1950s space movie or something...

It so happens that I am going to see the band Rush at the end of the month here, and in the last decade they've embraced a sort of steampunk kind of decor for their stage setups.

I think it would be cool to make something like the stage props Rush has used in the last few years with their clockwork steampunk theme.

This fictional device is more along the lines of something I could construct and display in my house. It's called a "Gefilter" and it's basically a time machine device that sort of projects alternate histories and timelines for you to view. When it's activated the lights blink and the speaker horn on top (not shown here for some reason) rotates. It was used to show alternate versions of the band, for example what if Rush had used accordions and played eastern European folk versions of Rush songs. Yes, it's really bizarre, but this is Rush we're talking about, so it's awesome bizarre!

iu

Both Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee have roots in Eastern Europe; Geddy's mom is a holocaust survivor. I guess that's where this stuff comes from?

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Yep. I sent a message about it via the Email Administrator link.

Yeah, I know about this one. I haven't fixed it because I'm working on something that'll make it irrelevant anyway.

E

ex-orbinaut

It was used to show alternate versions of the band, for example what if Rush had used accordions and played eastern European folk versions of Rush songs. Yes, it's really bizarre, but this is Rush we're talking about, so it's awesome bizarre!

That is pretty weird. Peart as an Irish cop? :lol:

Both Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee have roots in Eastern Europe; Geddy's mom is a holocaust survivor. I guess that's where this stuff comes from?

Well, that also explains Red Sector A on P/G.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Amazon product reviews for the Three Wolf T-Shirt. Think about this when you shop for something online:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Mountain-...l_reviews&filterByStar=all_stars&pageNumber=1

:rofl:

This is one of my favorite books, and very important for boaters: "How to Avoid Huge Ships" by John W. Trimmer.

http://www.amazon.com/Avoid-Huge-Ships-John-Trimmer/dp/0870334336

Also amazing is this Autoexec Steering Wheel Desk. In addition to the reviews, the frequently asked questions are very important:

http://www.amazon.com/AutoExec-Wheelmate-Steering-Attachable-Surface/dp/B00E1D1GY6/ref=cm_lmf_tit_7

And last but not least, if you are traveling in a dangerous location, you really should consider purchasing a JL421 Badonkadonk Land Cruiser/Tank. It is the state of the art in personal tank technology. I wouldn't recommend it for getting you out of a sarlac pit, though.

http://www.amazon.com/JL421-Badonkadonk-Land-Cruiser-Tank/dp/B00067F1CE/ref=cm_lmf_tit_4

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The Humble Bundle Spring Sale Encore has stolen my heart and my wallet.
https://www.humblebundle.com/store

It nipped my wallet from my pocket unnoticed, looked inside to grab the cash, and then started to cry... :(

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Heh... I just noticed that my hometown can be pinppointed pretty exactly on the new orbiter Beta textures. It's about the size of a pixel, maybe. And that's the LOW-RES TEXTURES! :blink:

I had spent so little time looking at earth and so much looking at the Moon and Mars that I never realised how deep these resolutions truly are.

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
In other news, here's the first shot of Matt Damon as Mark Watney in the movie adaptation of Andy Weir's "The Martian".

IDuXHMJ.jpg

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
Remember what happened last time Matt Damon went to space... :shifty: