Humor Random Comments Thread

meson800

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

What do you guys think? This is something I whipped up over the weekend.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Is it wrong to walk into a room, and the first thing you do is look for the nearest thing that can be used as a weapon?

Or it is just me?... :hmm:

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Is it wrong to walk into a room, and the first thing you do is look for the nearest thing that can be used as a weapon?

Or it is just me?... :hmm:

First I secretly give a thumbs up/down to every female in the room...then I look for weapons. Maybe that makes me worse then you?

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
:rofl:

Glad to know I'm not the only perv in the room.

I taught my daughter than all guys are pervs over the age of 8 (some attain that distinction before then). Now whether or not the man lets the inner perv out in public is an indication of their self control.

For instance; if an attractive young lady is roaming the mall in yoga pants (or leggings) I'm going to notice. I won't oggle or cat-call, but my peripheral vision is pretty good (even with glasses). I can't not look. It's called being a dude. The cat calling is called being a jerk (or worse).

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
First I secretly give a thumbs up/down to every female in the room...then I look for weapons. Maybe that makes me worse then you?

Usually I also rate the available seats in a restaurant by the qualification as defensive position...

Koloss

Weyland-Yutani Corp.
Donator
Reaction score

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Usually I also rate the available seats in a restaurant by the qualification as defensive position...

Now that you mention it, I might start doing that... not out of survival instinct, but simply so I have some rational criteria by which to choose a seat. Usually I'm just the one standing around as inconspicously as possible until other people choose, while wondering what possiblöe advantage one table could have over another in a perfectly neat and clean restaurant that makes people choose one over the other... :lol:

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

A former colleague of mine (15 years younger) once told me that he used to think that the urge to look at women would diminish with age, but in reality the age group only got wider.

A sure sign that you're growing old is when women on election posters start to look good. I remember when I was queuing behind a very good looking woman in a shop. When she finally turned around I realized it was the minister for the interior. :lol:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Well, at least your ministers of interior can be found in shops!
Indeed...

And here the houses of even the minor high officials look like prisons, while anything of ministers and above is either too guarded to get closed or not on the map at all.

To meet one of them on the street is inconceivable - they are way too scared of people to go out on their own, at least while in this country.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My wife just brought me a surprise present. A keyboard... made of Bamboo? I mean, yes, I direly needed a new keyboard (that p was going to kill me one of these days), but 50 bucks for a keyboard? It's really nice and all, but... 50 bucks for a keyboard? Why am I cutting back on the tabacco again? :shifty:

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Question

Could the same erosion process that prevents reusable rockets from landing in seawater also happen to spaceplanes dipping in and out the Venusian atmosphere for mining purposes?
Would this limit the use of such spaceplanes?

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

My wife just brought me a surprise present. A keyboard... made of Bamboo? I mean, yes, I direly needed a new keyboard (that p was going to kill me one of these days), but 50 bucks for a keyboard? It's really nice and all, but... 50 bucks for a keyboard? Why am I cutting back on the tabacco again? :shifty:

A 50 dollar bamboo keyboard seems cool... Hopefully it's not fragile and won't have 6 keys missing in a month like mine.

Last edited:

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Not bad. This one is $91.00 :lol: But that includes a mouse.

UKEYB008600_02_L.jpg

http://usb.brando.com/usb-full-bamboo-wireless-keyboard-with-mouse_p02631c034d15.html

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

I invested 80 Euro into my last keyboard... I have high standards and this keyboard fulfilled it perfectly, except by the price tag - and it was one of the few suitable keyboards that I was able to test with my own fingers.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Looks like she got it cheap, then... relatively.

Hopefully it's not fragile and won't have 6 keys missing in a month like mine.

How do you do that? My last keyboard was literally the cheapest I could find and it lasted over 6 years...

I've been typing documents on my phone for about a year now.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARH!!

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My computer was made really cheap I think I may have been scammed...

It's a windows 7 but when I run certain software it says it's an xp.
My battery stopped working a week after I got it.
The plastic that covers the screen is fractured.
I can't use the trackpad for more than a few hours before it malfunctions.
Oh yeah and the constant blue outs and freezing.