Humor Random Comments Thread

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
As cool as the OR is, the one thing I have to say is: If you want to use the OR recreationally, wait for the consumer version. The resolution is such that I am looking at individual pixels, and text that isn't setup properly (or just a big enough font) for the Rift is totally illegible.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
As cool as the OR is, the one thing I have to say is: If you want to use the OR recreationally, wait for the consumer version. The resolution is such that I am looking at individual pixels, and text that isn't setup properly (or just a big enough font) for the Rift is totally illegible.

But when it is ready, it should really be something, eh? I can just imagine doing an EVA in Orbiter using one of those. :love:

MattBaker

Reaction score
Matt's rule (I should make a book of Matt's rules...):
One is always better, faster and more detailed when writing emails to a good friend than writing a paper for school, university or work.

Bonus fun fact: The longest email I ever wrote was to a person I've never before met in real life, while I have trouble writing more than a few paragraphs to my mother.
Yes, I teached my mother how to use emails, probably the most successful thing I ever did.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Matt's rule (I should make a book of Matt's rules...):

I would read that :thumbup:

I finally came to grips today with a secret fear that I've been living with all my life. If and when I have a compass & protractor set handy, I can never remember which one is which. If someone asks to borrow mine, I can never bring myself to ask which one is which, so I just point in the general direction & say "sure".

Maybe I should just glue them together & call it a "Comptractor". That way I can hide this for the rest of my life... :shifty:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Compass: Thing that spins at north pole.
Protractor: Better than regular tractor.

Very different things, no??? :confused:

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Activision wants to break the GTA V sells record with their COD: Ghosts. I say that no one can beat GTA V :lol:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Activision wants to break the GTA V sells record with their COD: Ghosts. I say that no one can beat GTA V :lol:

I agree there. Call of Duty is technically and artistically pretty crappy compared to the GTA series, and GTA simply appeals to the bigger audience.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Think geometry class tools...

I think most people rarely encounter that kind of compass these days.
Though they are still quite different. Since we used protractors all the time in school (and I've encountered one or two compasses), I could tell them apart though.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I think most people rarely encounter that kind of compass these days.
Though they are still quite different. Since we used protractors all the time in school (and I've encountered one or two compasses), I could tell them apart though.

We call it "Zirkel" and "Winkelmesser". Makes it harder to confuse with a "Kompass". Though we use a set square at school here instead of a protractor.

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Hello! Posting this from my laptop which has just switched to Windows 8.1. :)

Windows%208.1.jpg

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hm. Still contemplating here whether to bother upgrading. I don't even think of the start menu anymore.

Think geometry class tools...

T'was sarcasm. :p

Think of the compass as a map tool, used for navigation like a magnetic compass, to create more distinction between it and the protractor and whatever else is in the geometry kit.

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Think of the compass as a map tool, used for navigation like a magnetic compass, to create more distinction between it and the protractor and whatever else is in the geometry kit.

But where do I clear out the extra memory needed to store that information? Between physics, and Orbiter, and Earth science, and work, and the other work, and calculus, and more Orbiter, I have no more space for the details in life. :lol:

Why cant these physics questions just roll over & die :chainsaw:

MattBaker

Reaction score
Damn this hurricane season was a lucky one for the US. No big one and not even a hurricane hitting, just tropical storms.
Mexico on the other hand took it from both sides, Atlantic and Pacific...