Humor Random Comments Thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Since 95% of orbinauts don't even know more than ten towns and five counties in Kansas you're pretty much on the safe side by saying "I'm from Kansas.".:lol:

Yes, and you could pretend being from Derby High. :lol:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Dwarf Fortress in space. Because astronauts need booze just as much as the next dwarf.
Expect NSFW language in this Let's Play. :p

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
YIZrcem.jpg

MattBaker

Reaction score
Mexico on the other hand took it from both sides, Atlantic and Pacific...

I guess everytime someone mentions the hurricane season being less threatening than last year meteorology just decides "Let's create another hurricane just to prove his point."
Thanks Raymond...

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hey, what's up with the Frenchies? :lol:
French kisses are the best ... if you have someone else to do it ... :rofl:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
What's with french and mimes?

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
It's still a bit true for the bread. But other things are from the pre-WW1 1900's. Though here in Toulouse and in the SouthWest, old men sometimes wear those kind of berets. But it's rare and regional. ;)

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
After updating to Windows 8.1, it told me my printer driver would be broken.
I tried printing, it failed. So I tried removing the device and driver, and reconnecting. Still couldn't connect to the printer correctly. Tried some more times. Eventually I tried Windows Troubleshooting. It tells me maybe I can't use USB 3.0. So I try a 2.0 port. No luck, and it can't figure out what is wrong. So then I download the driver off the Dell website. When trying to print a test page, it gives me an error that I'm trying to use a USB cable when the printer is setup to use a USB port. ...LOGIC?!

MattBaker

Reaction score
After updating to Windows 8.1, it told me my printer driver would be broken*lots of rambling*...LOGIC?!

Risking an OS war and mods moving our posts to the right section:

It's because Windows 8.1 sucks.
I would use the windows key instead of that start button. I'd prefer not to make a Microsoft account so I'm allowed to upgrade my OS.
Now I have a watermark stuck on my screen, which tells me to activate secure boot, which is grey in the options.

If I wouldn't have to buy a new external hard drive to save up my data because you can't install Windows 8 without losing everything (seriously, wtf?) I'd already be back to Win 8.
Vista appears appealing if you installed Win 8.1...

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Risking an OS war and mods moving our posts to the right section:

It's because Windows 8.1 sucks.
I would use the windows key instead of that start button. I'd prefer not to make a Microsoft account so I'm allowed to upgrade my OS.
Now I have a watermark stuck on my screen, which tells me to activate secure boot, which is grey in the options.

If I wouldn't have to buy a new external hard drive to save up my data because you can't install Windows 8 without losing everything (seriously, wtf?) I'd already be back to Win 8.
Vista appears appealing if you installed Win 8.1...

It's quite true so far. And this is coming from someone who was expecting 8.1 to be something really great.
One way or another, I got my printer working. Don't ask me how. :p I had problems with this printer on my Win 7 laptop as well, whereas my roommate has had no trouble at all.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
What's with french and mimes?

In this case it's not mimes. It's a pun, involving the masks worn by this band and certain stereotypes about how the French dress (such as the berets) and what they eat (the baguettes and wine glasses), and the English term "french kiss" (when the two people kissing stick their tongues into each others mouths).