Humor Random Comments Thread

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
BBC got it wrong?

No, they already reported on the German ones in 2018, as far as I can see there. It just seems to be a late first for the UK, possibly for "inventing the wheel again", since other projects there are already more advanced than this prototype.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
it was nearly a joke.
Was going to use Hoo-Hoo to rhyme with CHOO-CHoo, but that was even less Hydrogen....

Odly UK did get into Hydrogen Peroxide engines for a bit.

About 3 mins in.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I wanna be the level of rich where I don't get mad at beef jerky prices anymore.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Huh, never looked it up before.
What makes it expensive?
Are there cheap versions of acceptable taste?

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Huh, never looked it up before.
What makes it expensive?
Are there cheap versions of acceptable taste?

Well, dried foods are almost always expensive per unit weight, because you're still having to grow the same weight of food, and then you remove most of the water, which is most of the weight. I'd be surprised, though, if beef jerky is too outrageously expensive on a per-cow, rather than per-pound, basis.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
WW2 'earthquake' bomb explodes in Poland during attempt to defuse it

Well, I am surprised. Would have thought would have all gone off by now.

Got some drone pictures now.

Can't see any bomb disposal or any personnel in the area. Do you think they knew it was going to go?

Last edited:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Can't see any bomb disposal or any personnel in the area. Do you think they knew it was going to go?

BBC News said:
"Naval forces used a remote-controlled device to try to "deflagrate" the bomb - a technique that if successful burns the explosive charge without causing a detonation, the BBC's Adam Easton reports from Warsaw. "

As far as why beef jerky is so expensive? I have no idea, but typical prices, even for the budget/"cheap" brands, average about $1 USD per ounce.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I realise they would stand well back while their paraffin blow-torch was doing its thing. Just surprised you can't see anybody!

Anyone know how far it was from where the Lutzow was berthed and sunk. Only knew about the raids on the Tirpitz.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks Evil_Onyx.

The bomb has been dropped right at the Southern entrance to the canal, not near the shipping in the Northern end.
Not disparaging the RAF in any way, but it seems a long way off from the likely location of the Lutzow?

On the other hand, looking at the size of the explosion, you wouldn't want to be near any of the other 17 coming down...

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
This frame seems to be the place then. https://ncap.org.uk/frame/6-1-1-36-11
Take note of the basin and the ship in the middle of the frame described as "German Cruiser" in the archive. That ship would be 200-400m from the bomb.

I was only going off the video plus google earth and then looking for features that fit along the canal, my mistake.