Project Preview – TransportFood: UCGO Refrigerator Box MkIII Food Diversity Pack

d2k

only a simulant
Reaction score
Hello world, I'm d2k, a Skinner and Modder and I'm a former Art Director. More important: I'm an Orbiter fan.

This is my first post. I've been reading this forum for years. Finaly I can contribute something in the place to be or at least I'm close to give something back to the ever developing Orbiter community – the number one, the greatest of all space sim ...! Keep up the great work.

The first thing I post now is just a proof of concept, a WIP but it could be released within only few minutes (tomorrow, nuff for today ;).

What do you think of this: Over 30 food cargo boxes called:
The Refrigerator Box (RFB) MkIII "Food Diversity Pack".

Features:
– Thirty things: Vegetables, Fruits, Rice, Beans, Lentils, Chocolatse, Cake, Proteins, Survival Pack, Wheats, Corn, Coockies, Soft Drinks, Juices, Milk goods, Egg goods, Honey, Tea, Spices, Nuts, Ice-cream, Salsas, oh well there are plenty more (only awaiting verification)
+ – Boxes wearing the titles: Indian Meal, European Meal, Chinese Meal, African-Meak, Fast Food, German Beer. All your favorite foods splitted into categories (for example the Italian Meal has Pizza and Pasta, Risotto and so on)
– Has a plug for ?nitrogen?, now that would be a fridge
– Wears guidance lettes, follow them if you're able to zoom close enough (impossible)
– Docs a Xpad beeing your smart pocket pc (a cheap free mobile included with all shiped RFB MkIII)
– Consumable contents (sorry you can't open them to see whats inside but your crew can eat it up so the box looks empty = magic!). Maybe I will try reverse-engineer the holy lingerie box later on to fill it with food and stuff.
– Modified opening guidance mark instead of text label (so at least every alien could understand)
– Wears the logo: Sunlight Products (a tricky logo design I made extra for the sake of this boxes free-for-all marketing campaign needs)
– Packaged by unihealth Corporation (engraved box manufacturer)
– Cargo temperature, battery level, weight information: Lots of data can viewed on the screens
– Has a "just in case" monochrome device control module
– The most tricky concept idea: Re-useability: Change the transparent sheet telling what's inside, the LED stripes make it look like a screen, but it's just a clever solution.
The sheet is laser printed with ultra sharp contrast and bright light diffusion.
– QR scan code is on the sheet, too (the box also has RFID but this ain't visible)
– Fill your Arrow cargo inventory list (finaly without duplicating things, 30 entries or more)
– A heavy content description text will say something like this: Contains strawberries, blueberries, berry this, berry that (that's the principle, a complete containments listing)
I will call it the Transport + the good that's inside "TransportFruits". They will be within a folder called "Sunlight Products Cargos" or something like that.
I made them all already, only need to export them. And the reason why I made this is that I think you should transport more diversity (let's beginn with food, yummi yummi)

Introducing the unihealth and sun products worlds finest quality selection goods joint venture. A quote of CEO d2k mentions: "Working with those all new standardized medium size cargo containers was a huge step forward. People gonna like these high tech boxes and they gonna love what's inside. The finest, the most divers, variaty is the claim giving lots of flavours – because it's a matter of taste, individual. Since we think having a good meal, not just space food – is a luxury good, the brandnew RFB MkIII is taking care of important things. Keeping good food safe and cold. Bon appetit."

So long... this ain't a release yet, please help solve this:
Heres the issue: I used a box container made by DanSteph or someone else I can't point to or ask for permission. Simple said I modified a existing texture and for that I wanted to use a consumable box type which was one of those available within UCGO (I think it was a totaly new fresh box included in the sensational OrcusPatera Add-on). I don't about what could happen and before somebody goes mad on me I would like to ask kindly: Requesting permission for take-off, let me release this container boxes, please. Whoever made them deserves applause, great work, it has been a perfect fitting template to accomplish my food box goal. Any comments, copyrights, support?

I tried to make it look good! :D
I Hope you like it a little! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• sunlight1.jpg
    sunlight1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 38
  • sunlight2.png
    sunlight2.png
    454 KB · Views: 28
  • sunlight3.png
    sunlight3.png
    366.6 KB · Views: 26
  • sunlight4.png
    sunlight4.png
    422.5 KB · Views: 30
  • sunlight5.png
    sunlight5.png
    326.2 KB · Views: 29
  • sunlight6.png
    sunlight6.png
    304.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
looks awesome! cool immersive details :thumbup:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sounds interesting :thumbup:

With regards to using a free-permission add-on, I created this for just that scenario:

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5973"]http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5973[/ame]

Apologies if that wasnt what you were thinking :tiphat:

:hailprobe:

d2k

only a simulant
Reaction score
Thanks a lot!

I see well I've been experimenting with your Containers for days. Great work, I love to use them in my Scenarios having them around in multiple amounts. While painting on it I had the best results compared to previous Orbiter Add-on cargos I tried to modify. With you Add-on I had some issues with the 2D look, no offense, it's not easy to let 2D look 3D. I wanted to continue with your Box, getting the most I could think of outter it but than just one day ago I saw these new cargos by luck (I was quick flying over OrcusPatera, saw something new down there, got a closer look a felt in love with another cargo box type).

I would be very happy to realease this box as it is with DanSteph's permission or UCGO or however is behind the original granting me to do so. I hope I don't cause any trouble starting with things before asking.

Any critics, recommendations? Looking forward to here from you.
Can I get a yes, publish it, publish it? :tiphat:

paddy2

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The management of Lunar Landscapes would like to meet to talk over an order. We are looking at over 30 metric tonnes required for our 3 bases.

So get a move on and finish this add-on !!!!!!!!!! :lol::salute::stirpot:

( In other words like the idea)

d2k

only a simulant
Reaction score
Wow what a truly nice feedback, let me guess it, you all want free xPads, xPads for christmas! ;)
30 T, hmmm, actually Sunlight Products packaged by unihealth got a little problem:
Yesterday I sent a sales representative to the Orcus Patera mountain food production complex.
They showed me their newest food logistics unit. I was impressed how smooth this all looks like.
We started thinking, non genetic natural food, grown and processed on mars behind big walls of pure stone sounds like a pretty good start-up, at least better than space fabrication (e.g. on a station)..
Unfortunately, we had to find out that we missed a detail: The new UCGO food logistics unit doesn't look like it will support RFB MkIII cargos.
Our new prime market is the expanding trading hotspot Mars, which insiders say it will be holding leaderships of the new space age. Our question is and I'm speaking for everybody here at Sunlight Products:
Could UCGO modify their brand new food logistics unit? We would love to supply-chain different cargo types as a part of our trading activities, especially the brand new MkIII (our own upcoming product, which we internaly call the "foodbringer project"). Our answer to balanced nutrition and a fairtrade base economic structure. How will Hot'terra, like fans name this city – react?

Take Sunlight Products vote, please. Make the UCGO food logistics unit the only one needed!

Greetings
d2k (Virtual CEO) Sunlight Products

Random advertising:
Did you hear the news: unihealth wants to feed 'em all, show off your support.

Financial news, dec 4th 30:
A thing worth a closer look – the support of the trader elite and space programms caused nightshifts for the good-supply-chain partners. Also unihealth had to place thousands of orders on food resources, said it's CEO.
The production slowly increases, he added. Sunlight Products plant is just an old house, nothing spectacular. His last statement was "yaaay, let's do this!!"

Greetings
d2k

//edit: Sheduled release of V1 within the next days, over 30 cargos are currently beeing prepared for you. Who knows what V2 will bring, a different box layout, different content, maybe even some new technological trades agreement, another start-up (how about something like "console parts, CPU core and Space PC hardware, Gadgets, Treasures, Ancient stuff". One thing is for sure, the principle of complete listings is the reason why IMO it's worth the development + with all your help it's a pleasure to play unihealth for you... stay tuned, the V1 release will be a new topic coming soon to your computer screen. And it will only be about one thing, food not fuel, relax, relax, no flights tomorrow, just eat tasty goods. :)

Last edited:

d2k

only a simulant
Reaction score
Almost released

It's coming, maybe one more hour, stay tuned, the release is about to happen (one hour to go including a little test run).
82 Cargos – prepare your bay room/space :D

:tiphat:

Last edited:

BruceJohnJennerLawso

Dread Lord of the Idiots
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It's coming, maybe one more hour, stay tuned, the release is about to happen (one hour to go including a little test run).
82 Cargos – prepare your bay room/space :D

:tiphat:

Thats terrific, although anticipate the dreaded OHM upload delay (don't try to upload multiple times if it isn't visible right away, its just a processing thing when you put up your first add-on)

On the topic of the the UCGO template add-on I posted, what would be useful as additional template meshes to work with? I do understand that my original version was rather unspecialized as to what sort of cargo it was holding, what sorts of meshes would be better for things like food, liquids, etc?

Last edited:

d2k

only a simulant
Reaction score
Let's develop something

Thats terrific, although anticipate the dreaded OHM upload delay (don't try to upload multiple times if it isn't visible right away, its just a processing thing when you put up your first add-on)

On the topic of the the UCGO template add-on I posted, what would be useful as additional template meshes to work with? I do understand that my original version was rather unspecialized as to what sort of cargo it was holding, what sorts of meshes would be better for things like food, liquids, etc?

Released my first Add-on, 82 Cargos ...uuuhh that was a lot of work because I wanted to deliver-upload it as fast as possible. Had some bugs and things making me stumble but yay it's done now! Hope you Enjoy! Any bugs?

@Pappy: Well let me say again I really love your Cargo Box. It looks like a mini container, five stars rating! I see that you say it's unspecialized. If you ask me for a shape, how about a octagon?

Some years ago I made this concept of an /angled/ cargo unit in three sizes (S/M/L). It can do something special I call "stacked containment transfer (e.g. for mixing your favorite food but this only works with a couple of things like for example cereals mixation or icecream-mashup or even for mixing cocktails):

icon_container.jpg

Another thing could be the service box. I played with this idea some time ago, it serves what it has inside, seperated by levels (hover over the sensor to open a stack):
icon_gewuerzkasten.jpg

The last thing I could mention is for liquids (note this also comes in three sizes, only one is shown in the image. The special thing here: It can be plugged into a water supply system or it can be drinked by yourself (only S/M sizes. I also made an angled version and another better cylindric version but I need to find it on my PC):
icon_wasserbehaelter.png

Note: Those images I made for the development of the game Infinity – The Quest for Earth. Please keep the copyrights, those concepts belong to Infinity now (or in case it will be Vapourware they belong to me again lol). However I could even make them better, more logical and way more sophisticated if you want me to do so. Great topic by the way. I really enjoy how the forum here is talking about cocke cans, holding things and all types of cargos.

Conclusion: If you would like to create a new cargo box or whatever related to it I would be glad if I can help. Besides that I'm happy that the new UCGO cargo box looked so great that I had to do something with it. Same goes for your box Pappy, I will release a small set of things that will be carried within your cargo box container. :D

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Thanks for your thanks! You're welcome! "Mi Mod es tu Mod". ;)

Now please help me with those issues:
– Orcus Patera Cargo Production: Possible with my boxes? How? Maybe by editing Orcus Patera config files but 82 Cargos, how to switch between producing this now and that later ...82 food output modules OR one output module with cargo selector switch?
– Arrow Freighter: Why not use a subfolder to keep things clean and simple? Any tipps how to make them capable for Arrows cockpit view?
– Will "Cargo Plattform" be able to "hold" those boxes? Does this work with "most cargo bays of many ships"?

Greetings
.:d2k

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

Update coming: No more subfolder and no more scenario, neither a set screenshot. The Arrow now can bridge based cargo load, way more comfortable than a scenario, who wants to pick 82 boxes or 41 boxes or 15 boxes? That's just too much. I will place them all and create scenario for it but this will be another release (just the scenario). Is that ok with you?

I don't know how this works here, when or will it be ever visible on the OH newest files page? I wonder will it just be availabe here in the forum, not on the site?

BTW: Let me say something since I red a lot about lost people in here. If this ever happens to me, feel free to do whatever you like to with the stuff I post or release. Your welcome!

Last edited:

Interceptor

Reaction score
Orcus Patera Cargo Production: Possible with my boxes?,You will have to ask Dan Steph about that,I think he might have said that this feature will be possible,in UCGO3.0,but I am not 100 percent sure.

d2k

only a simulant
Reaction score
Progress

I see, thank you for answering. IMO let's wait for UCGO 3.0 and in case DanSteph looks by (I would ask for permission).

Back to work:
I'm having a little trouble right now:

Is was almost finished with the Starting Scenario when I got an critical error and Orbiter crashed. This happend while I was adding the number ?30? cargo to Arrows bridge view. I will recreate that scenario one more time and make a screenshot of the mounted cargos in external view. But I cannot add all or let's say 40 of the boxes, is there some known error?

I gonna upload it the same way (sorry), a part1 and a part2. Please, somebody could then make one Zip out of it and upload it or explain how the OH download section works?
This time it will contain a scenario and a preview image. :)

Thx!

/edit: maybe the crash was because of my PC (having troubles with it recently) OR it was because I overpassed the total cargo weight limit of Arrow? It could also be because I did something wrong at one or another file but I really looked at those 82 + 82 + 82 (config, textures, mesh) lots of times.

/lastedit: any suggestions on how much a random food box should weight?
/third edit ;): Found the bug, releasing soon!h
I failed: Bug fixing things, some 10 cargos don't appear and the vegetables (the first box that was finished) buggs around, too. After hours I will try a little more try-and-error, release date: next time (busy, sorry, dang it).

Last edited: