OHM Pressurized Logistics Vehicle

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: zatnikitelman

This is the Pressurized Logistics Vehicle. It is intended to represent an American version of the Automated Transfer Vehicle or H-II Transfer Vehicle.
See documentation under root/doc/PLV/ for instructions, detailed description, and acknowledgements.

Key Features:
  • Sun Tracking solar arrays
  • Ability to simulate adding and subtracting payload mass
  • Auto un-docking when grappled.

My Prometheus Launch Vehicle is required for one scenario, otherwise, no other addons are mandatory to use this addon.

DOWNLOAD

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Ship textures could be better.

Nah, the textures are just fine. It's a bit better than my texture-making skills.

User manual said:
The end-user shall not modify for any reason any part of this addon in such a
way as to include elements of and/or relating to any aspect of the Hasbro™ My
Little Pink Pony™ series. This prohibition includes creating reskins for the addon
, models which directly derived their original template from the visual
representation of this addon, or use of this addon as the focus of works featuring
My Little Pink Pony™ content (this addon being present incidental to other My
Little Pink Pony™ content is not considered by the creator to be in violation).
Should you not agree to the terms here, you must destroy any and all copies of
this addon in your possession.

Besides, it's just "My Little Pony", not "My Little Pink Pony".

Last edited:

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Besides, it's just "My Little Pony", not "My Little Pink Pony".
Loophole? :rofl:

---------- Post added at 01:11 ---------- Previous post was at 00:53 ----------

Seriously, though-the addon is nice. :)

Going to make some small nitpicks here, mostly on the visuals:

As for what has been said about the textures- the textures that are there look spot-on, albeit low-res. But the simplistic geometry doesn't do any favours to the materials it is made out of. A normal map would go a long way towards showing the details in both the foil and the paneling. A little bit more geometry might help, too.

There are also the untextured RCS, main engine, and grapple attachment textures- something that stands out a bit, despite their small size.

I'll note that the CBM port is a bit inaccurate- it lacks petals.

The way the solar panels unfold is really beautiful, the motion really evokes a bird spreading its wings. I also like the way you implement payload by weight in the code, and the sun-tracking is another nice touch of realism.

Again, these are all tiny nitpicks about the visual details. I realise that's not the point of the addon, so it's nothing to give much thought to.

All in all, a very nice addon. I appreciate all the work that goes into creating nice, realistic, original vessels from scratch. I can't want to get the chance to send it to a space station! :)

Last edited:

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
Look closely again

SpaceX-Dragon-Captured-by-ISS-5-640x485.jpg

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Pretty neat little cargo ship. I'll be adding this to my inventory. Nice job Zat!

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
\o/ Now I have usefull payload for my launcher :D

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
That was a pretty long series of "nitpicks" you had there.
Just making my best attempt at some constructive criticism. :2cents: Can't learn if no one says anything. Can't hurt to say something (well, shouldn't :shifty:). Anyway, no big deal on any of those counts.

Aren't normal maps for D3D9? Not everybody uses that.
It's just an option. Besides- there's not much reason to still be using the inline client. All external graphics clients support normal maps and run much smoother on modern graphics hardware.
Anyway, think of it as being ready for the future, because I believe the inline D3D6 graphics will be phased out.

The grapple attachment and RCS thrusters are too small (and for the grapple, too complex) to be textured. The main thruster can use some textures, though.
Several addons have had textured grapple fixtures. The RCS is small but would still benefit from it visually, IMO. That would prevent the appearance of it being a closed-off cone and instead being a nozzle which is piped into everything else.

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
Finally had some time to fly. My NASA managers have decided that the PLV soon will start flights to Skylab-II to prepare it for long duration missions :thumbup:

Nice add-on :cheers:

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Is there anyway to rotate the docking port 180 degrees? When I dock to a port, the vehicle flips 180 degrees the wrong way and through the module.

Capt_hensley

Captain, USS Pabilli
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.h-10-k.com

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Is there anyway to rotate the docking port 180 degrees? When I dock to a port, the vehicle flips 180 degrees the wrong way and through the module.

Thanks for finding that. Directional vectors still sometimes trip me up. I've fixed that bug and uploaded the corrected module and some updated documentation to this post. You'll need to unzip the PLV.zip file directly into your Orbiter/Modules folder. One thing I forgot to include in the original documentation was how to set the payload mass via the scenario file. I've also updated the addon on OrbitHangar.

Attachments

• Pressurized_Logistics_Vehicle.pdf
    187.3 KB · Views: 37
  • PLV.zip
    9.5 KB · Views: 8

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
Thanks for finding that. Directional vectors still sometimes trip me up. I've fixed that bug and uploaded the corrected module and some updated documentation to this post. You'll need to unzip the PLV.zip file directly into your Orbiter/Modules folder. One thing I forgot to include in the original documentation was how to set the payload mass via the scenario file. I've also updated the addon on OrbitHangar.

Thanks, that was my only issue. Great addon! It is exactly what I needed for a Lunar Space Station.

Capt_hensley

Captain, USS Pabilli
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.h-10-k.com
Only 3DS Max can open .max mesh files, and not everyone has that (it's either a 30 day trial or you have to pay over $3000).

3DS Max full, 3 year license with downloaded software, is free to verified students. Go here and provide a .edu address from a college. and viola just about any autodesk product is absolutely free. Use the max2mesh plug in and rescale the mesh, viola it's in orbiter with a simple scenario, or as an addition to an existing msh file.

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=download_center
http://www.orbithangar.com/search_quick.php?text=max2msh

I figured out how to use this modification of the script above. Thanks Moach
http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?p=173294&postcount=24

Last edited: