Possible Orbiter Space Flight Academy

STS

Reaction score
Website
orbisondas.es
Back on topic: the fact there is no active multiplayer project at the moment is a good point to answer the question of RacerX regarding why not using it. Now. It might have been different back in 2009.

Do you only speak Spanish there, STS? Or is it an international group?

Thanks for returning to topic :D

For the moment, it´s only a hispanoparlant group. But a ambitious project is on the scope, for a future, of "opening" the group and being international.

About OMP, we had multiple tests with it in the past, but it 'thraumatized' us, because the lack of rotation in the 2010 days, and the problems with time accel, and weird things docking and problems with DG-IV.

For now, Orbiter Master:Slave looks interesting, but we haven´t tested yet.

About vMC, we used it in the last months of 2009, and the first of 2010, but then, with Orbiter 2010 and Orb:Connect, we developed our own mission control consoles.

Last edited:

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
For the moment, it´s only a hispanoparlant group. But a ambitious project is on the scope, for a future, of "opening" the group and being international.

That's a pity. I would have loved to try out a working "VSA" based on Orbiter (that's why I applied for Gary's back then ;) ). Unfortunately I don't speak Spanish or similar languages.

About OMP, we had multiple tests with it in the past, but it 'thraumatized' us, because the lack of rotation in the 2010 days, and the problems with time accel, and weird things docking and problems with DG-IV.

Can't say I'm surprised. Whenever somebody asks, I always advice to NOT use OMP for such things. It is still beta, and a VSA or simulation group has other things to focus on than fighting with the infrastructure.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
We could develop some VSA functionality into SSU (For ex. Single player session, with multiple TLM observers and mission control), but there are already the common problems for all open-source projects: So much to code, so little time.

We could badly need more hands sometimes.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
That's a pity. I would have loved to try out a working "VSA" based on Orbiter (that's why I applied for Gary's back then ;) )

and I thank you for it. opening up ISA was a bad idea for a few reasons. I opened up ISA for the wrong reasons and without thinking about missions, yes, a lot of missions were pre-planned (and still are) but I had a slew of questions about things like bases ("I don't want to fly from there, because xyz is my favourite base") and "How do I turn the engines on?" and "Can I get a mission sooner than next week?" whilst I'm waiting for the last person to get back to me with updated mission files.

In short, it became more of a headache than it was worth, also, shortly after I opened it up, things in my personal life changed and I took a hiatus from Orbiter for a year so it made more sense to keep ISA with just me as the only member.