Please help with getting to the earth form the moon

Fireproof

Reaction score
i need help please i am trying to get to the Earth for the moon but the tutorials dont help me

Last edited:

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
Easy way (not most fuel efficient):
(From Orbit)
1. Align Plane with the moon.
2. Use Transfer MFD with HTO on to figure out how much thrust you need and what side of Earth to thrust from. Thrust to the moon.
3. When you get into the Moon's Sphere of influence make sure your Perigee is near what orbit you're aiming for.
4. When your trajectory reaches its closest point to the moon (perigee) Thrust retrograde (Moon relative) and enter Orbit around the moon.
5. Land on the moon like you would any airless body. (just remember there is no atmosphere to slow you down).

Kaito

Orbiquiz Coordinator
Reaction score
If your new to Orbiter, try getting into orbit first. If your not, heres a brief Overview:

Launch into orbit
Using AlignMFD, set target to moon, Burn Orbit-Normal (+) or Orbit-Normal(-) When it tells you to
Then, use the Transfer MFD, set target to moon, click HTO, then hold down DV+ until the dotted line intersects the yellow circle, Then, using a combination of EJ+, EJ-, DV+, and DV-, try to get the gray line to coinside with the yellow dotted line.
When thats done, wait until Tn is 30. Burn prograde till Tn is 0, then press Kill-rot (to turn off prograde). Burn until Dv on the TransferMFD is 0. Then you are on your way to the moon.

Have Fun!

EDIT:
Darn, you beat me to it

Fireproof

Reaction score
Im not new to obiter been using it sence 2002 but i never got to geting to the moon

Eagle

The Amazing Flying Tuna Can
Reaction score
Getting to the moon is not much more difficult than rendezvous with a space station. The only difference is that you can't quite 'dock' with the moon as easily.