News Osama Bin Laden Killed (American politics discussion)

Cairan

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I am the only one with a vision of one of Samuel L. Jackson's badass character as he would have pulled the trigger on Ben Laden:

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
It bothers me just a tad bit to find joy in the death of another human being. But this guy being who he was, I think 'human' might be a stretch of the definition...

Now that I think of it, in the words of Lauren Cooper (Catherine Tate fans should know the phrase).
"Look at my face.... Am I bothered?"

Ghostrider

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Good riddance. As always, never send a robot to do a human's job. Stuff the head and hang it up in the Oval Office.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Unfortunately he's just one man, not necessary the most soulless either, and probably felt little punishment by being shot.

deltawing777

Reaction score
Website
omp.dyndns-server.com
well to sum all this up in my mind as I see it, yes we killed a man responsible for 3000 lives at World trade center. BUT! This will empower them more so hang on its not over yet and I am sure there will be another to take his place. And with that said..now we don't know who the number one man is because we can't interrogate a dead man.(Bin laden) So now we have a faceless number one and no name or where to even start looking. So in a way this could be very challenging. Hang on folks we are not finished yet. Just the other day a small child who trained as a suicide bomber was caught wearing a explosive vest, and after it was disarmed claimed that he was trained with 350 other suicide bombers so....yeah its far from over. We killed the mastermind behind 9/11 and thats great. We are not done.

RichWall

Sage Brush
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hopefully, We can bring the troops home now and declare Peace.

Alfastar

да
Reaction score
A monster of the world is dead. Am hope the end of terrorism in this world.

BURN IN HELL, SATANS SON!!!!!

:cheers: :banana:

Sar

Reaction score
He was found in a mansion in islamabad pakistan...
This is in the center of pakistan...
They have a lot of questions for pakistan... How he died noone knows still waiting for updates... But it is known that he had died within a week of today...
To be honest im only doing this to get my news reporter tag...

And by mansion you mean compound, by Islamabad you probably meant Abbotabad and you sort of mixed northern as central there.

Don't worry though, I know a lot of news papers that'd hire you!

And for my actual opinion, Laden was a bad man no doubt there, but the world needs color and sometimes the colors have a very very high contrast.

JEL

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jelstudio.dk
With all due respect, since I have NO sympathy with WHOEVER is the master-mind behind the 911 attacks... how do we actually know Bin Laden is not just a scape-goat for something more sinister?

In my opinion, and I don't mean this to offend anyone, killing Bin Laden was not a good move.

Wally

Reaction score
So apparently is ok for US to deploy special troops in a sovereign state and kill anyone they like, commando-style with no trial whatsoever?

How convenient for Obama, with so little time untill new election season.

If this kill would end religious wars once and for all, I would be very happy. Unfortunately, it's just another martyr for angry muslim crowds.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Somehow i fail to see the practicality in this death, only revenge.

Fighting terrorism is like fighting crime - you don't shoot and cage every crook out there, you fix the conditions in your country so that there would be less need to steal and rob.

Whatever problems the world have that cause modern terrorism, i don't think they got instantly fixed by death of one wretched man.

Wally

Reaction score
Can't help myself: Four helicopters attacked Osama bin Laden whereabouts. One IIS down, the other three were Apache.

GoForPDI

Good ol' Max Peck
Reaction score
Was Osama bad? Yes.

Are the ''free worlds'' governments bad. Yes.

Last edited:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
good ridance, although no reason for a big party. The problems don't get solved by his death, but at least he won't cause anymore.

GoForPDI

Good ol' Max Peck
Reaction score
Surely Al Quieda have other people making descisions while Osama was ''away''. His death will solve nothing. If he had been put in a position that he had to hide in a cave somewhere for the best part of a decade, without communication, thats all that needs to be done.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I would have preferred seeing Osama in front of a court, than just killing somebody somewhere in the middle of nowhere, when the next election knocks on the door, and say it was Bin Laden. Buried at sea? That is already one big deadly insult to Muslims, fundamentalist or not. They could have just cremated him, wouldn't have been less disrespecting.

This all smells like fail. Even if they killed the right one. Even if there had been thousands of reasons to take revenge. It makes the USA and all that applaud now look just as poor as Osama himself. The whole war against terrorism has failed, and this now isn't even the end of it, it isn't even the climax of it.

There will be revenge. Eye for an eye. And this revenge will not hit those who decided to just kill Osama. This revenge will also be with more motivation and vigor than any random act of terrorism that would have happened if Osama would still be alive.