Orbiter Video Thread

orbekler

Reaction score
Locked by copyright issues.
That's why I used in a clip of mine the Emperor Waltz instead of the Blue Danube, the 2001 feeling is the same...

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I can't even try a proxy right now. I'm at work, and, well, proxy sites are blocked.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
My newest Video:
If you're open to suggestions, then i suggest to remove the cat-thrown-through-the-window sound at the start, it makes people reflexively close the video.

Kveldulf

Reaction score
If you're open to suggestions, then i suggest to remove the cat-thrown-through-the-window sound at the start, it makes people reflexively close the video.
Seriously, do this. It made my ears bleed, and I listen to Black Metal and Drone Doom on a semi-regular basis.

Pablo49

Reaction score
Also, that static sounds need to go. I keep thinking my headphones are dying. More also, go read all the suggestions you've ever gotten from all your videos, and then do them. You are still frantically changing your time warp, FOV, camera angles etc, to the point where it upsets my stomach. We've passed on all these suggestions to you though. Up to you to take them to heart (hopefully).

thetraceur

Reaction score
Hm, sorry for that, It said that it was blocked in some countries, but then it said for no reason I should not be worried because it is NOT blocked! Wierd, I can make an account on Vimeo and upload there for you guys, I worked on the movie for a while so don't want to mess that up! :)

EDIT: It's being uploaded now, I will post it soon! :)

Last edited:

TeddyJohn

Reaction score
I''m sorry Hal, all I could take was 5 minutes. Maybe after I've had a couple of pots of coffee.

thetraceur

Reaction score
It is working now! The HD version is still in process but should be up ina few minutes. Hope you enjoy!

My first part in my two part series, 2071: A Man's Journey.
Wanted to create a visual experiance like my favourite movie, 2001: A Space Odyssey.
Used 2001's soundtrack to get lovely feelin of the loneliness of Space. I'm not that skilled in Orbiter,
I consider myself a noob but I am taking my time to learn everything, so there is some technical mistakes done by me.
But the point of the movie is to deliver an atmospheric and visual haunting experiance. :thumbup:

This is my first movie done in a simulator/game and using a screen recorder, so don't be harsh. :tiphat:

2071: A Man's Journey

[ame="http://vimeo.com/25429853"]2071: A Man's Journey [An Orbiter film] on Vimeo[/ame]

Last edited:

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Here's the project that tblaxland and I did a couple years ago - I figured it was about time to attempt a video of the Beast. This is still a working draft, so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I've already decided that I either need to delete the introductory view of the platform as seen from Earth or I need to upload the video in a much higher resolution than what I uploaded on Youtube. Both songs are ones I've made in the last year.

The Ananke Tether-Sling 120 km Cislunar Transport system:

This was done with CamStudio on my current laptop.

orbekler

Reaction score
XR-5 Moon to Mars - Part 4: Mars Landing to Olympus Base
[ame="http://vimeo.com/25592340"]http://vimeo.com/25592340[/ame]

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Looks like you have a problem with your XR2Preferences file HAL, you might want to look into fixing it :p

Pablo49

Reaction score
Quick question HAL, have you actually listened to anyone's advice? All the usual problems are in this video. I stopped at 1:58 because all the quick and random camera movements started to make me feel sick. =/ And I forgot to turn my volume down at the beginning, so my ears are bleeding now. I'd go on and repeat the usual advice, but I don't feel it would be worth it.

Also, don't use audio that has an overlay telling you this is a preview from some site.

Kveldulf

Reaction score
HAL -

Seriously, we've been asking you for a while now to stop jerking the camera around. Why do you still do it? Also, whats with the screen blur effect around 4:30, when your wheels bounce into the ground (and I assume would be breaking if you had damaged enabled)?

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Also, whats with the screen blur effect around 4:30, when your wheels bounce into the ground (and I assume would be breaking if you had damaged enabled)?

I assumed that was to hide the fact that they would've broken under normal circumstances... :shrug: