Orbiter Video Thread

blixel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Here's a video of a quick flight I just made about an hour ago. It's a trip from the moon to Earth in the regular Delta-glider using a really crude navigation method to get back to Earth. (Best viewed full screen at 1080 HD)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKRkZV0hK-A"]Earth to Moon: An Orbiter mini-film[/ame]

I had to rush through the steps to make sure the video would fit within the time constraints, so it's a little sloppy in a couple of places.

I know this is horribly inefficient (compared to using TransX, which I do know how to do), but I just think it's cool to fly back to Earth without using any real navigation tools. It gives you the sense of actually piloting the ship ... as opposed to just being along for the ride with the computer controlling every step of the way.

If anyone has any ideas for improving this technique, I'd like to hear about it.

orbekler

Reaction score
XR-5 Moon to Mars - Part 3: Mid-Course Corrections.
[ame="http://vimeo.com/24967546"]http://vimeo.com/24967546[/ame]

halcyon

Reaction score
The Orbiter Forum Space Station 2 project just completed STS-150 with the Endeavour orbiter.
I made a vid of the launch and one of the landing. Enjoy!

DagoO

Addon Developer
Reaction score
I made that little video trying to get the most realistic rain ambiance :) (it's an editing)

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Metroid soundtrack?
I didn't hear any Metroid in there. The first two were arranges of "Air in G" (Bach) and "Gymnopédie 1" (Satie), then something in the middle I didn't catch, and then a techno version of "Mars, the Bringer of War", from Holst's The Planets.

Incidentally, though, I recently performed a Jupiter flyby to the tune of this:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-nT2KkWQt8"]YouTube - ‪Metroid Prime Music- Space Pirate Facility‬‏[/ame]

It might be short-movie material, though my motivation is pretty low. :hmm:

blixel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I didn't hear any Metroid in there.

A couple of different spots sounded very Metroid-ish to me. Around 7:30, it sounds a lot like Tallon Overworld to me. (Not enough to be mistaken for Tallon Overworld, but enough to make me think that it's some other Metroid soundtrack bit that I haven't heard before.)

And going all the way to the end ... it just has a cavern exploration feel to it. In my opinion.

Anyway, on the topic ... I've always loved this sound too. Yours was a great pick also... that Space Pirate facility is real mellow and relaxed. I love it.

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-cF9YYBBZE"]YouTube - ‪Orbiter - Impossible docking of a XR2‬‏[/ame]
guess how I did it! :lol:
I have no pizes, but I'd love to see the answer here!
Oh and about my Intro - this is wanted, Ill change the explosion for every Video (to get some change int it at all) and this time I just took none.

Last edited:

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
By undocking, drifting away from the ISS, and then running the video in reverse.

ABSOLUTEY CORRECT!!!
did you see it (possible but only hardly) than : congratulations!
did you guess it? then: also congratulatons
some kind of mix: also congratiulations.

it is the easiest way to make incredible dockings!
:lol::rofl::lol:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
@HAL9001

Next time try not to "overdrive" sound clips. In every decent sound editing software you have a "light" that warns you everytime sound exceeds it's envelope and becomes distorted and pain in the ears.

Chub777

Reaction score
The hover thrust gave it away. Nice video, though. :thumbup:

orbekler

Reaction score
I didn't hear any Metroid in there. The first two were arranges of "Air in G" (Bach) and "Gymnopédie 1" (Satie), then something in the middle I didn't catch, and then a techno version of "Mars, the Bringer of War", from Holst's The Planets....

That's correct, the first two are arranged by the Swingle Singers, then all remaining tracks are arrangements of Tomita.
The "middle" is "The Unanswered Question" of Ives, always covered by Tomita.
Just one thing: I wouldn't call Tomita works Techno versions...:lol:

Forgive my ignorance, but I don't know about Metroid.

thetraceur

Reaction score
My first part in my two part series, 2071: A Man's Journey.
Wanted to create a visual experiance like my favourite movie, 2001: A Space Odyssey.
Used 2001's soundtrack to get lovely feelin of the loneliness of Space. I'm not that skilled in Orbiter, I consider myself a noob but I am taking my time to learn everything, so there is some technical mistakes done by me. But the point of the movie is to deliver an atmospheric and visual haunting experiance. :thumbup:

This is my first movie done in a simulator/game and using a screen recorder, so don't be harsh. :lol:

Last edited:

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
My first part in my two part series, 2071: A Man's Journey.
Wanted to create a visual experiance like my favourite movie, 2001: A Space Odyssey.
Used 2001's soundtrack to get lovely feelin of the loneliness of Space. I'm not that skilled in Orbiter, I consider myself a noob but I am taking my time to learn everything, so there is some technical mistakes done by me. But the point of the movie is to deliver an atmospheric and visual haunting experiance. :thumbup:

This is my first movie done in a simulator/game and using a screen recorder, so don't be harsh. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmQVlLvUwKo

I think its blocked here :(