Orbiter Video Thread

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi,
Here is my last Orbiter "Film", about Apollo 13, and sorry if the video looks like another video :p
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpA_vl_W8u0]Mission Failed - AMSO and D3D9 Orbiter Film from Youtube[/ame]

Or watch on Vimeo for blocked countries

Enjoy :bananadance:

SolarLiner

Last edited by a moderator:

ED_4

Whovian/Star Trekker/Pinoy
Reaction score
Hi,
Here is my last Orbiter "Film", about Apollo 13, and sorry if the video looks like another video :p
Mission Failed - AMSO and D3D9 Orbiter Film from Youtube

I can't see it. UMG is blocking it, since you have some copyrighted music in there. If you want people here in the U.S. to see it, I suggest you change your video's music that's not copyrighted or remove the music entirely.

There's some instrumental music that are good to use here: http://freeplaymusic.com/

luki1997a

Reaction score
Here is my video:
And waiting for subs and likes:coffee::lol:

SolarLiner, I see intro from one of my movies :lol:

luki1997a

Reaction score
I suggest you to use google.com:thumbup:

example picture by me:
orbitmoon.png

Legend:
red I- burn point.
green line- trans moon orbit
yellow line- orbit around Earth before trans moon burn
orange line- orbit arount Moon after orbit insertion burn
White line- moon orbit

I'm not the best at drawing, but maybe the picture will explain this. You don't have to be aligned with the Moon, you only have to have orbit, which path comes near the moon. It's way easier when you're algined.

If I'm correct, even real life future moon missions will fly to Moon from ISS.

My YT channel(have few orbiter vids):
http://www.youtube.com/user/luki1997b

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

and here's my older video if you want :)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5eKwnGP-Wo"]Orbiter 2010 Unofficial trailer 2[/ame]

Last edited:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
You don't have to be aligned with the Moon, you only have to have orbit, which path comes near the moon. It's way easier when you're algined.

If I'm correct, even real life future moon missions will fly to Moon from ISS.

If they stay for some time at the ISS?

If I try to plot a low-dV trajectory with TransX from the ISS at almost any time, the arrival date at the Moon will be much later (a few weeks) instead of a 3-5 days.

But if I wait for a few days at the ISS, the plotted trajectory doesn't use a lot of dV, and will only take a few days to get to the moon.

(what I mean by not a lot of dV is a little over 3 km/s)

luki1997a

Reaction score
You just have to select proper date. For example in one moment with dV ~2km/s you can be in a half of a way to the moon(in ApA), but half an orbit later you can fly away the moon. In TransX in manevuer mode, select Prograde Velocity and set it to ~1.5 km/s then in Man.Date. select Hyper adjustment method and press ++ and see what happens;)

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My first ever Orbiter Film

Hey guys,

I finally posted my first ever orbiter film. Yes it sucks terribly. It was my first one ever created in 2009. You might want to kkep your volume down. The music can be loud at times. I tried to fix that but with no luck.

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
[VIDEO]European Routine - An Orbiter Film

Hi,
A simple flight to ISS and return, with Ariane 5 SL and Pegase.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH0B-cTAUgI&feature=g-upl&context=G247d6cfAUAAAAAAAAAA]European Routine - An Orbiter Film on Youtube[/ame]

Vimeo version on upload ...

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
Direct ascent videos from the latest Launch MFD.

1) Regular

2) Synchro ascent

Last edited:

blixel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I made a video for a problem I've been working on for the last couple of weeks. I don't have all aspects worked out yet, but I think this video might still be interesting for some people. (For many others, it will be too long and too boring. Your mileage may vary.)

If you don't like long videos, you might at least enjoy the reentry and landing. (Skip ahead to 45 minutes for reentry.)

If you do watch the video and have something to offer, please refer to this thread.

ED_4

Whovian/Star Trekker/Pinoy
Reaction score
I made a video for a problem I've been working on for the last couple of weeks. I don't have all aspects worked out yet, but I think this video might still be interesting for some people. (For many others, it will be too long and too boring. Your mileage may vary.)

If you don't like long videos, you might at least enjoy the reentry and landing. (Skip ahead to 45 minutes for reentry.)

If you do watch the video and have something to offer, please refer to this thread.

That would be a great interesting tutorial on hopping from the Moon to Earth. For those that aren't too experienced with that sort of thing.:thumbup: