Orbiter Screenshot Thread

LordCroussette

Quebec City's Resident Base Builder
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
You just pulled off a For All Mankind shuttle flight lol. Also, can I ask what addons were those?
STS2016. The shuttle texture is custom made by modifying the one made by 'Wolf' (I think that's the name, I was given it on Discord). The fuel tank in the bay was made by myself, and I used Scenario Editor to transfer fuel in between (so it'd fill up the shuttle and remove the same quantity of fuel added from the tank in the bay).

And yes, I did get the idea from For All Mankind. Technically. I never watched the show but I watched Scott Manley's video on the lunar flight of the Shuttle which gave me the inspiration for this mission.

gamer19

Reaction score
what about reentry ?
for sure shuttle isn't design to survive those :)

LordCroussette

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
what about reentry ?
for sure shuttle isn't design to survive those :)
Probably not, no.:ROFLMAO:
Still, while you can't tell from the screenshots, I actually did five aerobrakes to slow me down to low Earth orbit before releasing my fuel tank and making the reentry to Cape Canaveral.

LordCroussette

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
I've been working on recreating my home town (Quebec City) in Orbiter 2016. Right now, I am working on the Quebec Bridge. I had quite a lot of fun flying through it. :)
Bridge1.png
Bridge2.png

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him

LordCroussette

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Completed the Quebec Bridge! It ended up better looking than I expected (even though it isn't very accurate once you look closely). Now, I just need to do the Pierre Laporte Bridge, which sits right next to it!

bridge3.png
bridge4.png
brdige5.png

Oh, and here are some other screenshots of my WIP Quebec City while I'm at it.
airport1.png
airport2.png
airport3.png
city1.png
city2.png
city3.png

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
Completed the Quebec Bridge! It ended up better looking than I expected (even though it isn't very accurate once you look closely). Now, I just need to do the Pierre Laporte Bridge, which sits right next to it!

View attachment 32329
View attachment 32330
View attachment 32331

Oh, and here are some other screenshots of my WIP Quebec City while I'm at it.
View attachment 32332
View attachment 32333
View attachment 32334
View attachment 32335
View attachment 32336
View attachment 32337
The result is truly beautiful (y):cheers:

Excuse me for going a little off-topic, what tools did you use to place the meshes in their corresponding places in the city and to apply the textures to the surface?

I would also like to make my own town and add our beloved lighthouse.

LordCroussette

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
The result is truly beautiful (y):cheers:

Excuse me for going a little off-topic, what tools did you use to place the meshes in their corresponding places in the city and to apply the textures to the surface?

I would also like to make my own town and add our beloved lighthouse.
Orbiter Base Maker. It is made for Orbiter 2010, not 2016, so not everything work as intended when you use it, but to place buildings and meshes, it is pretty good at that.

What I do is place some of your L15 tiles as "Level 3" in OBM first so I have a reference to place objects. If you don't, you can try L14 with Level 2, or L13 with Level 1.
1676037285795.png

Then "Edit Object" and you can place your mesh where you want.
1676037319235.png

Once its done, import the base in Orbiter 2016. To avoid issues, I would suggest to then open the config file of the base and remove these lines:

BEGIN_SURFTILELIST
[some data]
END_SURFTILELIST

These lines aren't used in Orbiter 2016 and cause issues in DX7 (as far as I am aware) since it force 2016 to try to load tiles the way 2010 did it.

And this is how I place objects on my bases. That the method I used for my Saba and Area 51 addons.

If you or anyone else have more questions, don't hesitate to send me a private message. After all, this is the thread to share screenshots of Orbiter, not on how to make bases. :p

LordCroussette

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Quebec and Pierre-Laporte Bridges. It is rather fun to fly a Deltaglider fullspeed underneath. :)

pierre1.png
pierre2.png
pierre3.png

steph

Reaction score
Probably not, no.:ROFLMAO:
Still, while you can't tell from the screenshots, I actually did five aerobrakes to slow me down to low Earth orbit before releasing my fuel tank and making the reentry to Cape Canaveral.
I wonder if it would've been possible to use a smaller fuel tank and include something like the Orion for the crew. As in, shuttle does a two-step skipped reentry on its own automatically and maaaybe lands at some AFB, while the Orion comes down more or less normally