Orbiter Screenshot Thread

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I really don't know how this happened, but I'm getting a very "interesting" paintjob on the DG VC :

Anyone else experienced this ? Can reproduce it with stock Orbiter 2016 or D3D9 client...
Wow.... same here... could it be an April 1st thing?

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Yep:
C++:
    time_t lt; time(&lt); struct tm *st = localtime(&lt);
    if (vcmesh && st->tm_mon==3 && st->tm_mday==1) {
        SURFHANDLE t = oapiLoadTexture ("generic\\noisep.dds");
        if (t) oapiSetTexture (vcmesh, 17, t);
    }

... and MartinS forgot to release it properly so there is a memory leak... luckily it's only once per year. :ROFLMAO:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
... and MartinS forgot to release it properly so there is a memory leak... luckily it's only once per year.
Incredible... an explanation for "potential April 1st bugs" :hailprobe:

New velvet DG interior, only £299!

Yeah it had an "english feel" that lead me to think it was a MartinS thing ;)

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The dark un-illuminated FWD flight deck of Atlantis (just something I tried out by setting the Material Emission values for all the panels to all zeros). Image taken near orbital sunset for proper sunlight illumination of the panels and screens. Can't see a thing on the Aft Flight Deck (AFD) due to shade.

Attachments

• Dark_SSU_FWD_FD.jpg
    Dark_SSU_FWD_FD.jpg
    789.4 KB · Views: 73

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
I really don't know how this happened, but I'm getting a very "interesting" paintjob on the DG VC :

Anyone else experienced this ? Can reproduce it with stock Orbiter 2016 or D3D9 client...
In a simulator that can represent something with as much space as the Solar System, only God, The Probe, and Martins can know how many surprises await within that Matrix-kind of simulator. :cheers:

The decoration indicates that it is like the Belle Époque of aerospace simulation. Now I want to fly to an old and richly decorated train station and listen to the BBC via shortwave.
grab a cup of Earl Gray

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Doing a complete re-fly of Apollo 7 in NASSP to test my new fuel cell code. After a bit relearning and some coaching, I managed a fairly nice TPF. Looks awesome doing all this out the windows of the new VC.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Last edited:

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
Testing strange and unusual launch configurations in Orbiter 2010. Thanks to UniversalCargoDeck. By the way we need UCD back in Orbiter 2016, it was very easy to make attachment points.
Clicking on the image will take you to MediaFire so as not to load unnecessarily on the O-F servers.

Then some free flights. Freedom is the word that defines Orbiter without a doubt.

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
Some legacy add-on testing:

Excuse me for being a bit off topic, but I haven't found a forum thread where there is a list of add-ons that work on both Orbiter 2010 and Orbiter 2016 and can be installed directly on Orbiter 2016. In my case I have already used the super practical HCLV Hyperion from Loru and Relativistic Warp MFD 1.5 from nicker43 and they work.

[EDIT]: HCLV Hyperion´s MFD does not work.

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Excuse me for being a bit off topic, but I haven't found a forum thread where there is a list of add-ons that work on both Orbiter 2010 and Orbiter 2016 and can be installed directly on Orbiter 2016. In my case I have already used the super practical HCLV Hyperion from Loru and Relativistic Warp MFD 1.5 from nicker43 and they work perfect.

coughs