Orbiter Screenshot Thread

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Those (the martlets) were actually a test for a Kinetic energy weapon. I still don't have the mesh I want! :lol:
And as for the Orion: Careful, or you'll :focus:!

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
A sneak peek on my next launch report....

PSLV-C19.jpg

PSLV-C19_2.jpg

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Those guys make for good missiles too, except they're a little too small to carry a "warhead".

Having fun with this setup as well:

12042321-01-55Nexus_Interstage.jpg

If I can't get you with the missiles, I'll just come at you ass-first and stomp you flat with my thrust bombs. Did that to an "enemy" Arrow earlier. :lol:

Looks very... Kerbal.

Ark

Reaction score
Looks very... Kerbal.

Well, I imagine Jeb Bush would be a little unhappy with me if the first time I touch the throttle I erase Cape Canaveral from the planet. :lol:

Though that first stage climbed slowly enough that it probably reduced LC-39 to slag...

NovaSilisko

The Siliskoiest of Siliskos
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Testing my new launch vehicle:

uBlYG.png

fBIVl.png

(Velcro is not playing nice with me, so it took a while to get a good picture. Does anyone know why my rockets decide to fly off in a random direction on scenario load sometimes?)

Last edited:

NovaSilisko

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Aerospike engines?

Quite right. That's the crossfeeding Heavy model, though. It comes in single-core flavor with either an aerospike or four conventional engines.

NovaSilisko

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just put 70 tonnes into a polar orbit, I think statswise it's complete. (Velcro's autopilot doesn't like anything but polar orbits it seems...is there a good autopilot module out there? My piloting skills for any vehicle leave a lot to be desired :p)

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Just put 70 tonnes into a polar orbit, I think statswise it's complete. (Velcro's autopilot doesn't like anything but polar orbits it seems...is there a good autopilot module out there? My piloting skills for any vehicle leave a lot to be desired :p)

try Lua, or the UAP

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I second the UAP.

ED_4

Whovian/Star Trekker/Pinoy
Reaction score

For rockets, you should check out the code to the Delta IV rockets autopilot. I'm sure it may be of help to you.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
The velcro autopilot is sensitive to your start heading. Try to rotate it (IIRC) about 180 degrees from launch heading.

Ark

Reaction score
UAP is working great until the rocket stages...since I'm using Velcro it's really awkward to handle staging.

If you have Velcro, why bother with UAP?

If you're having difficulty with Velcro's autopilot, modify the heading in the scenario editor so the heading is 180 degrees opposite of your target heading and the target heading in the scenario file for the Velcro stages. That way, the launch autopilot only modifies the pitch. It's just like a Soyuz, where the rocket is pointed where you want to go so you don't have to mess with a roll program.

NovaSilisko

Addon Developer
Reaction score
If you have Velcro, why bother with UAP?

If you're having difficulty with Velcro's autopilot, modify the heading in the scenario editor so the heading is 180 degrees opposite of your target heading and the target heading in the scenario file for the Velcro stages. That way, the launch autopilot only modifies the pitch. It's just like a Soyuz, where the rocket is pointed where you want to go so you don't have to mess with a roll program.

Ahhh, thanks.

Edit: Of course, the "randomly fly off at a random speed" bug is still occurring...

Edit2: Okay, this is REALLY getting on my nerves

29DLy.png

This was happening with the XR fleet, too...

Edit3: seems to be the 111105 beta...

Last edited:

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
Ahhh, thanks.

Edit: Of course, the "randomly fly off at a random speed" bug is still occurring...

Edit2: Okay, this is REALLY getting on my nerves

29DLy.png

This was happening with the XR fleet, too...

Edit3: seems to be the 111105 beta...

Do you have atmospheric winds turned on? Look for it in the parameters tap and turn it off ;) many add-ons don't like it

Last edited:

NovaSilisko

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, I've worked out the problem. It was the 111105 beta. Now, I can fly my rockets with impunity!

To celebrate, here's the basic model climbing to orbit:

YldfK.png