General Question Orbiter perturbation option

NOMAD

Reaction score
I notice that the orbits show in transx in the transx tutorial are more stable than in orbiter. After reading the orbiter.pdf I know the reason.
For me,I always switch on all the perturbation options,but I find that it reduce the stability of the orbits.Especially the Nonspherical gravity
sources,I don't know whether should I turn it off because when I using transx I find that the orbits change so quickly,this situation also occur
in IMFD when I prepare to encounter with a planet,but on the other hand ,I don't know whether it reduce the realism of the orbiter if I switch
it off.
What option you turn on?
Tell me some reason about turning on or turning off the Nonspherical gravity sources option.

Rtyh-12

Reaction score
Personally, I fly with all realism/perturbation settings on, because I like everything to be as realistic as possible. Sure, it does get annoying when you try to maneuver, but that's why mid-course corrections exist ;)

Tommy

Reaction score
Sometimes it pays to turn them off when learning something new. This allows you to more easily grasp the underlying concept of the manuever. One you fully understand the basics of a manuever, it's not that hard to learn how to adjust for perturbtions, and you can turn them back on.