General Question Orb 2016 Station to land at?

Reese

Reaction score
I grabbed a few stations from the orbiter 2016 addons list.

Thought they would work like the ISS and allow me to pilot to and land at.. cant figure out how. Is it possible?

Are there such addons that will allow this?

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
You will need to be more specific. Which station in particular? I can't speak for most because I've not used them (except for Pappy's Bar). You should be able to target an individual docking port from DockMFD.

If you are wanting to fly to and "land at" a base, so far those are tricky at the moment due to the terrain (some craft slide around and won't come to a full stop).

Tell us what you are flying and where you are headed and we should be able to get you going in short order.

SpaceCowboyJoe

Reaction score
I grabbed a few stations from the orbiter 2016 addons list.

Thought they would work like the ISS and allow me to pilot to and land at.. cant figure out how. Is it possible?

Are there such addons that will allow this?

Hi Reese. Despite I'm a total newbie I went through the same problem just yesterday and find out a solution so, maybe, I can help you.

First have a look at the Addons working on 2016, section stations.

http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=37446&highlight=Addons+working+orbiter+2016

Check the ones that have some docking port and install them.

Problem is, I guess, that you don't find the frequency of the Docking Port IDS... I just realized this is not about the station itself but a simple scenario line you have to add.

You can edit a scenario where you have the IIS and find the line where are defined the various frequencies related to the Docking ports. Unfortunately I can't find here an example (I'm at work).
Just copying that syntax in the base you added to your scenario you can a docking frequency to every port.

I'll add an example here when I'll back home if you don't find your own ones.:hello:

Reese

Reaction score
Kinda figured it out. I grabbed most of the stations from the recommended 2016 list. I thought they would be added to the "standard" simulation and available to all craft like the ISS seems to be.

I added them through the editor and saved it so i can do "Supply" runs in my XR5.

It works.

Any better suggestions?

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Just to be clear:

Space stations are free-floating entities that you can dock to.

Surface bases are stationary on the ground and you can usually land on them.

Therefore, the premise of the question- that you want to land on a space station- makes no sense.