OHM Help orbiter addon for space engine

tornadotodd

Storm Chaser
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Doodlebug is fine
Yesterday at 4:42 PM
I would be willing to pay. Would you be willing to make a launchpad of Atlantis. Of Kennedy space center. Animated tower high res and with lights for Sace Engine. And maybe even a way to do shuttle launches with it. Could work with Space engineer as how to and his people he's the owner of space engine and work with me on the money issue. My email is tornadotodd [email protected] like the Atlantis launch. But if possible make the launches themselves even possible, realistic, and the shuttles are dockable with ISS in space engine. And would be a wonderful way for your two platforms to work together

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 17
  • kennedy-space-center-launch-complex-39a-_14.jpg
    kennedy-space-center-launch-complex-39a-_14.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 17

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I don't know if this is easily possible. Licensing issues? I think someone could convert the meshes to work in Space Engine. But you would need a space engine person to make them work.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Actually I don't even understand the question.

But SpaceEngine is commercial and closed source, so you should get to the people who made the graphics for a solution, not the forum.

I don't know who had been first there, I think @Gazza. Also @DaveS made the launch complex 39 for SSU/SSV.

My opinion though: If the publisher wants 69€ for the game, he can afford professional graphics.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
It sounds like they want better objects in Space Engine. I really want to say build it yourself,.....:). I was told that and have learning modeling, coding,...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It sounds like they want better objects in Space Engine. I really want to say build it yourself,.....:). I was told that and have learning modeling, coding,...

In the Orbiter world, where learning is half of the fun, that is also true. That doesn't mean that you always have to be good at something or that you are not allowed to collaborate or take help. But in the commercial world, where you want to earn serious money (and the prices on Steam are serious), you should expect the worst (Expensive artists) and hope for the best (Likes your game or chance of accessing a new audience and does it for free or cheap).

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I personally have been offered money for projects. BUT have said NO. They may think it is nice but then I would feel committed to it.

Whether it be KSP or Space Engine,.... You get used to orbiter and then it is hard for me to switch.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I only know Space Engineers, and that is a different beast.

tornadotodd

Storm Chaser
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Doodlebug is fine
Actually I don't even understand the question.

But SpaceEngine is commercial and closed source, so you should get to the people who made the graphics for a solution, not the forum.

I don't know who had been first there, I think @Gazza. Also @DaveS made the launch complex 39 for SSU/SSV.

My opinion though: If the publisher wants 69€ for the game, he can afford professional graphics.
It's more for me than anything I want to enjoy it

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have been trying Space Engine. First I think he wants is not possible. SE has spaceships. We got the model for the Endurance, Ranger, Lander from it. BUT it has no bases. I guess you could load a Launchpad spacecraft and place it had the location. But I don't think you can't do animation, staging,.....

tornadotodd

Storm Chaser
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Doodlebug is fine
I have been trying Space Engine. First I think he wants is not possible. SE has spaceships. We got the model for the Endurance, Ranger, Lander from it. BUT it has no bases. I guess you could load a Launchpad spacecraft and place it had the location. But I don't think you can't do animation, staging,.....
I disagree, working with them on a beta and a few code changes and animation is able to be in place. And in their interest to make it that way for their entire vision.

tornadotodd

Storm Chaser
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Doodlebug is fine
In the Orbiter world, where learning is half of the fun, that is also true. That doesn't mean that you always have to be good at something or that you are not allowed to collaborate or take help. But in the commercial world, where you want to earn serious money (and the prices on Steam are serious), you should expect the worst (Expensive artists) and hope for the best (Likes your game or chance of accessing a new audience and does it for free or cheap).
I think he would be willing to have an educational version and the steam and do both. That's what I would do and orbiter was commercial at one time and lots of help

tornadotodd

Storm Chaser
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Doodlebug is fine
Yes you can do animation some simple code changes and he's been wanting them anyway for the ships

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I think he would be willing to have an educational version and the steam and do both. That's what I would do and orbiter was commercial at one time and lots of help
Orbiter has never been commercial software. It has always been freeware. Closed source yes, but still free for anyone to download.