O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
In Texas, guns are everywhere.

Indeed and in fact, I believe it will be legal to carry a firearm unconcealed before long. Apparently the law has already passed. You still need a permit similar to the concealed handgun law though, but I may be wrong here. Just what I heard from a few people.

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
Thanks, not meaning to offend anyone, but shooting someone for trespassing isn't really going to help the US's "Violent country" image it already has.

Apologies if anyone is offended, I'm not trying to be offensive.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I'm sorry but, no, just no, you shouldn't shoot someone simply for trespassing, I really am sorry, but that just seems wrong, so wrong.

Trespassing on my property, no I wouldn't shoot them and I don't think they should be shot for that. On the other hand, trespassing inside my home, then they're getting shot.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Trespassing on my property, no I wouldn't shoot them and I don't think they should be shot for that. On the other hand, trespassing inside my home, then they're getting shot.

So when I just need to use your bathroom urgently and kick in your door for that, I risk getting shot already??? How can you?

:lol:

Seriously: Trespassing alone isn't a capital crime and shouldn't be punished like that. If somebody enters your house to rob you, it isn't a capital crime (you wouldn't get murdered by law for that). If somebody enters your house armed to the teeth - you can be sure that he is either your local NRA chapter president or not interested in negotiations. You are better off shooting him if you are armed, before he does it to you - especially if you have no combat training. If you don't shoot him, you can get killed in your house. If you shoot him, he is maybe innocent and you killed somebody without need (which is a matter of your immortal soul). Some might prefer living long enough to regret something.

Of course, getting yourself proper combat training is much better there, because a gun is a bad weapon inside a house. and proper combat training + gun improves your position a lot.

Last edited:

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If you don't shoot him, you can get killed in your house. If you shoot him, he is maybe innocent and you killed somebody without need

So you're saying that if someone busts into my house carrying an automatic weapon, they are potentially innocent? :p

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
So you're saying that if someone busts into my house carrying an automatic weapon, they are potentially innocent? :p

Yes, I pretty much do. You have no perfect senses, just remember that a US helicopter pilot, that should know the difference well, mistook a TV camera for a anti-tank weapon. you could see somebody in your house, that you don't recognize, see something that your brain reconstructs as automatic weapon... and suddenly your daughter is solo again, and you just shot her boyfriend getting her something to eat out of your kitchen.

If you are right, and you shot somebody with bad intents, you are the local hero. if you are wrong, you are the worst of all criminals, you are the stupid criminal then.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Seriously: Trespassing alone isn't a capital crime and shouldn't be punished like that.

Fair point and I'm sure it would actually depend on the situation as to my willingness to pull the trigger. If they're inside my house though, then the chances their intent is not criminal is next to nothing. I don't know anyone in Texas crazy enough to bust a door down to use someone's rest room. :p

Proper training indeed helps and would be used by myself at the time of the incident to determine how much of a threat they pose to me and if lethal force is really necessary. Maybe I could just shoot them in the leg.. (kidding.. they'd probably sue me if I did that.. :lol:) It could be only a split second you have to make that decision though, so I'm sure not going to risk my life if I feel confident it's in danger. If I see that I am in the better position, then I would likely tell them to get on the floor or get shot until I could call the police. At least then I wouldn't stain my carpet.

T.Neo

SA 2010 Soccermaniac
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes, I pretty much do. You have no perfect senses, just remember that a US helicopter pilot, that should know the difference well, mistook a TV camera for a anti-tank weapon. you could see somebody in your house, that you don't recognize, see something that your brain reconstructs as automatic weapon... and suddenly your daughter is solo again, and you just shot her boyfriend getting her something to eat out of your kitchen.

If you are right, and you shot somebody with bad intents, you are the local hero. if you are wrong, you are the worst of all criminals, you are the stupid criminal then.

Well of course, I was talking about a case, where you are sure the person in question is a stranger, and you are sure that the midnight snack in question, is really an AK-47... :shifty:

Of course, taking action might be necessary, factoring in most probabilities, to avoid harm, and be the better bet. And of course you can prevent accidents via a whole long list of methods, but these do not eliminate risk entirely.

I guess it is just a matter of training. You don't obtain a gun for self defence without intending to obtain ammunition, therefore you should intend to obtain the ability to use the weapon as safely and effectively as is possible, as well.

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Well anyone carrying a weapon should have enough training to figure out that person was theie daughters girlfriend trying to grab a glass a wine.:thumbup: But seriously if a person is on your property and you have clearly state that this your property and that they are trespassing you have a right to defend yourself. Dosnt mean shooting the person. I actually live right next door to a person who had a severely horrible experience with trespassers.

Story:

A lady notices that stuff is missing from her apartment most notably her liquor. She blames it on her long term boyfriend and the boyfriend blames it on her. One day she stayed in bed because of sickness and when she woke up she found that the landlord had went on a drinking binge and was drinking her liquor.

Story2:

A lady was taking a shower when she heard the door open. Thining it was her husband she walked out naked only to find the super(a different one) in her apartment.

Story3:

My mother wakes up at 3 o clock in the morning to find that the new super was banging on the door to get in.

Story4:

One super would steal stuff out of the apartments and sell them across the street.

I am actually very lucky to not have been robbed primarily because im a 6 foot tall kid with a mustache and a permanent frown. But in conditions like this there wouldn't be a reason not to keep a gun or use lethal force.

JEL

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jelstudio.dk
I'm sorry but, no, just no, you shouldn't shoot someone simply for trespassing, I really am sorry, but that just seems wrong, so wrong.

Well I would (if necessary). I consider it YOUR responsibility to stay out of trouble, not mine.
If you're stupid enough to enter my house in a way that could make you seem like a danger to me you're also stupid enough to get yourself killed. Don't be stupid, is my advice to you, just stay out if you want to survive. It's that simple.

ghostrunner01

Reaction score
I think most of you are missing the point. In Texas if someone breaks into your house you dont grab your gun and run out like a trigger happy maniac! The entire point if carrying/ keeping a gun is to protect you and your family in times of danger. If you see someone trespassing on your territory and acting suspicious then the best thing to do is fire off a warning shot to scare them away.
The reason Texas has these gun laws is because they know Texans are smart enough to use some common sense. Also, in Texas we don't shoot to kill in all situations; if someone breaks into your house and they see a Guy holding a pistol in their face I think they will get the message and leave.