Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
OGLA Client? okay. I'll search for it. There's a bunch of fix 7 fix 8 etc... do I download all the fixes? What thread is it in?
I'm honestly afraid to answer that question...

(Post #84, this thread)

christopher22

Reaction score
ok

I just thought the orbiter main package public beta release would have included the most recent OLGA client in it or at least a mention of it on the linked page for the latest public release. Any reason why it isn't?

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
I just thought the orbiter main package public beta release would have included the most recent OLGA client in it or at least a mention of it on the linked page for the latest public release. Any reason why it isn't?

OGLA is an external grafic client for orbiter. The idea was that orbiter gives the physics model and OGLA gives the grafics.

christopher22

Reaction score
So this is what we need?

Okay thanks.

So all one needs to play the greatest and latest version of Orbiter is the latest beta stand-alone package orbiter090331beta_base.zip and copy the latest OLGAClient oglaclient-090322_beta-081113.zip into the Orbiter directory. Will it work with the 090331beta_base version? Or does it need the 081113beta_base version to work?

Then copy over the orbiter heightmaps earth-hmap-lv8.zip -- everest_lv11.zip --grand_canyon_lv13.zip -- mars-hmap-lv8.zip -- and moon-hmap-lv8.zip

Then also the latest texture file Earth080910.zip is this one lvl 14?

Jarvitä

Reaction score
Okay thanks.

So all one needs to play the greatest and latest version of Orbiter is the latest beta stand-alone package orbiter090331beta_base.zip and copy the latest OLGAClient oglaclient-090322_beta-081113.zip into the Orbiter directory. Will it work with the 090331beta_base version? Or does it need the 081113beta_base version to work?

Then copy over the orbiter heightmaps earth-hmap-lv8.zip -- everest_lv11.zip --grand_canyon_lv13.zip -- mars-hmap-lv8.zip -- and moon-hmap-lv8.zip

Then also the latest texture file Earth080910.zip is this one lvl 14?

/facepalm

This is not the latest and greatest, it's a beta, in heavy testing, anything but stable, and an experimental core-visualisation setup to top it off. Judging your computer literacy from your previous posts, I'd advise you to just use Orbiter 2006P1 for now, which is the latest stable release, and it's also what everyone but the beta testers use and the version all modern addons are written for.

christopher22

Reaction score
Maybe

One shouldn't doubt one's computer abilities. And the latest and greatest, I meant as a figure of speech.

So without insulting me any further would you care to be a little more helpful than that?

Last edited:

Disconnect

Reaction score
little bug

Hi Artlav, since i watched ogla last time, there was a big progress. Now it's looks much better than dx7 client. But i have a little problem :p
With mapped shadows, the sun is yellow for me, and it's light is yellow too. So things on direct sunlight, looks yellowish.

And another one: the fps counter is at 80-120, but the frames are laggy. There are short pauses after some frames. I disabled gdi emulation, and the frames became smooth, and i get ~200 fps. But after i restarted orbiter, without any change, frames were laggy again.
Now i started orbiter again. Frames were laggy, i pressed exit, then launched current state again -> no lag, again, no lag, again, lag. It seems it's fully random, exept that i always see a white flash on loading screen, when frame rate changes.
And Btw how can it's possible, that orbiter uses both of cpu cores at 100%? I thought it's not very multithreaded..

The mfd control buttons arent appear, exept pwr.

And an old "bug", ambient light in the shadow of a planet, is too much, and no transition in light on spacecraft at sunset.
4400+ athlon x2 brisbane
ati radeon hd3850 512mb
6gb ddr2 800

+ vista sp1 x64

Last edited:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
With mapped shadows, the sun is yellow for me, and it's light is yellow too. So things on direct sunlight, looks yellowish.
ati radeon hd3850 512mb
That is a known bug between ATI GPU's and OGLA, to be fixed.
If i understand correctly, this yellow does not seem natural, like in yellow light?

And another one: the fps counter is at 80-120, but the frames are laggy. There are short pauses after some frames. I disabled gdi emulation, and the frames became smooth, and i get ~200 fps. But after i restarted orbiter, without any change, frames were laggy again.
Now i started orbiter again. Frames were laggy, i pressed exit, then launched current state again -> no lag, again, no lag, again, lag. It seems it's fully random, exept that i always see a white flash on loading screen, when frame rate changes.
I'm not sure what it could be.
Is there terrain in view when it happens?
Any specific planet or vessel around when they lag?
Are you sure disabling GDI emulation have any effect, considering the randomness?
Is there any of the effects, disabling which stops lagging for good?

And Btw how can it's possible, that orbiter uses both of cpu cores at 100%? I thought it's not very multithreaded..
Orbiter isn't, OGLA is.

The mfd control buttons arent appear, exept pwr.
Known bug, to be fixed.

lockingtoggle

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I get the laggy frames to. It only happens with the "High stencil" shadows and the ATI antialiasing (any mode) turned on. Turning the GDI on/off has no effect here.

Last edited:

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
Is it right that OGLA is not compatible with OrbiterSound?

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Is it right that OGLA is not compatible with OrbiterSound?
Last time i checked, Orbiter 2009 was incompatible with OrbiterSound 3.5, or, properly, OrbiterSound 3.5 was incompatible with Orbiter 2009.
I'll check it with OGLA case.

Disconnect

Reaction score
I'm not sure what it could be.
Is there terrain in view when it happens?
Any specific planet or vessel around when they lag?
Are you sure disabling GDI emulation have any effect, considering the randomness?
Is there any of the effects, disabling which stops lagging for good?

No, it's same in different scenarios, in different views. But gdi emulation don't have any effect on it, nor antialiasing, or something like those, as i said i didn't modified any option, and it's sometimes laggy, sometimes not, totally random. Only changes when i restart the simulation, never ingame.

PS: in ogla, when i open menu with f4, i can't close some windows, because there aren't close buttons (select ship, navaid, etc).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.