BETA Release OglaClient Beta 091029

BHawthorne

Simpit Builder
Donator
Reaction score
I just downloaded the builds. Will let you know shortly. Wow, that was quick turn-around time. :thumbup:

My particular setup is about 180-200 degrees, 60 degrees per projector. The room layout is setup so I can do 360 degrees later on if my pocketbook can handle it. The screen is a 13 foot wide by 6.5 foot deep semi-circular screen. After Sol7 pre-warp circular correction, the projection is 5 foot tall centered on the wall.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Ogla20x180 works. Ogla-360 is a bit off though. At certain angles of panning the camera around the pictures on each projector is offset a bit. It's not matching up at the right location. Given the choice between the 2 Ogla20x180 is working the best. I'm nto sure if I'm doing things right but Ogla20x180 I set the FOV to 10 and zoom the camera out to the proper perspective. Virtual cockpits are really awkward at that setting though. VC doesn't matter considering this is a simpit setup and no need for VC.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

I think some of my confusion is from how FOV works in orbiter. Is it possible to adjust only horizontal FOV without effecting vertical FOV?

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her

BHawthorne

Simpit Builder
Donator
Reaction score
The second 360 is aligning correctly now, but there are some oddities when panning the camera. I'll upload a youtube video real quick.

Getting ready to test the second 180 one.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Here is a video showing the camera oddities with the 360 v2 one:

Hope the videos help explain what the builds are doing. It's hard to explain in words.

It looks like youtube is still processing the videos. The videos should work shortly.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Here is a video showing the 180 v2. There is a slight bowing in the center of the screen in this version:
Hm, it needs some spherical corrections. I'll try to fix it.
Is it, but for this bowing, better than planar projection (20x180)?

Here is a video showing the camera oddities with the 360 v2 one:
Looks reasonable to me - you're watching 360* panorama on the 180* screen. Plus, same lack of spherical corrections.

Fixerger

Reaction score
>On Earth, at altitudes of ~15K

I suspect that too.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
-There seem to be craters everywhere
In the screenshot above, I've circled two things with the MFD buttons, which differ from what you see below. Also, the MFD on the left is transparent, whilst the one on the right is opaque.
In the second screenshot,
Are you sure it's for 091025? All these bugs are supposed to be fixed in it.

BHawthorne

Simpit Builder
Donator
Reaction score
Hm, it needs some spherical corrections. I'll try to fix it.
Is it, but for this bowing, better than planar projection (20x180)?

Looks reasonable to me - you're watching 360* panorama on the 180* screen. Plus, same lack of spherical corrections.

To give the maximum options to people it might be best to do the 360 option, then allow for FOV to be cut down to the particular screen FOV. I really do want to eventually do 360, but that might be a year off or so.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Artlav, I having some problem problems with adding a spotlight to the ShuttlePB.

My intent is make the ShuttlePB code from a spaceflight vessel to a KSC LC-39 spotlight trailer which a photo is attached of to this post.

The problem is that I don't know where exactly the oglcAddLight code goes in the ShuttlePB.cpp file.

Some help would be great!

Attachments

• LC39_spotlight_trailer.jpg
    LC39_spotlight_trailer.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 35

Dambuster

Reaction score
I think I finally got the right version...:p

Anyway, assuming I did, I was in a DG docked to the ISS and both MFDs appeared normal. In a DG on the ground, the MFDs were on (this was in the non-VC and non-2D cockpit view) and the buttons displayed, but the actual data in the MFD was flashing on and off in the top-left of the screen.

Also, when I Alt-F4'd out of Orbiter, I got an 'Orbiter has encountered a problem and must close' generic Windows message.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
To give the maximum options to people it might be best to do the 360 option, then allow for FOV to be cut down to the particular screen FOV.
Well, all of the projection presented are more or less a part of a common system, so they all will be in the release.

Artlav, I having some problem problems with adding a spotlight to the ShuttlePB.
All right, here is the barebone example:
http://orbides.1gb.ru/orbf/shpblit.zip

Should look like that:
ogla-pb.jpg

Anyway, assuming I did, I was in a DG docked to the ISS and both MFDs appeared normal.
In a DG on the ground, the MFDs were on (this was in the non-VC and non-2D cockpit view) and the buttons displayed, but the actual data in the MFD was flashing on and off in the top-left of the screen.
MFD's work in VC and don't work in glass cockpit on ATI cards, since ATI does not support enough OpenGL for OGLAClient.
I'm researching what i can do about it.

Also, when I Alt-F4'd out of Orbiter, I got an 'Orbiter has encountered a problem and must close' generic Windows message.
Is it repeatable? Any dependency on scenario?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Last edited:

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Flickers? What does it look like? Is it still there in 091025?

Flickers as in to say that the VAB disappears then reappears rapidly. This also takes place at the very beginning of the playback when the camera is set to Deltaglider's 2D panel view, the runway disappears/reappears rapidly. It's still there in the latest ogla build linked here.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Artlav, a fast question: The power variable of OglcAddLight, is that a certain unit? If so, which one? I believe most artificial light sources such as the xenon spotlight units at KSC has their powers measured in candlepower.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Artlav, a fast question: The power variable of OglcAddLight, is that a certain unit? If so, which one? I believe most artificial light sources such as the xenon spotlight units at KSC has their powers measured in candlepower.

I beleave the SI standard is Candela for mesuring lumenous intensity, however, Lumens may be more effective in this type of situation.

Lumen
Candela
Steradian

Last edited:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Just got around to test the xenon spotlight unit and it's working great! Just need to get the KSC textures working so I can position them correctly.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Just got around to test the xenon spotlight unit and it's working great! Just need to get the KSC textures working so I can position them correctly.

Could you post a screen?

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score

Attachments

• OGLA_no_light.jpg
    OGLA_no_light.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 44
  • OGLA_both_lights.jpg