BETA Release OglaClient Beta 091029

DjZielony

Reaction score
Just won't run it means, no Wine windows appears and no console output from process. just nothing happens.

Disconnect

Reaction score
I tried the latest version, and it's fantastic. Normal mapping.... hmm.

But the mapped shadows still too slow with terrain enabled. on radeon hd3850 mapped shadows without terrain ~140 fps, terrain on, 27 fps. No shadows 180 and ~90 with terrain, and ~47 fps with high shadows, and terrain on.

And a request: anisotropic filtering setting in ogla

And that bug still exists when sometimes i try to switch to 3d vc from 2d, then everything on machine slows down, the colors on whole desktop become false, until i change some display settings.

And... (the difference is the camera altitude, and ofc the weird looking)

Last edited:

DjZielony

Reaction score
Hm I got OGLA running on Orbiter Beta Base 091023 , but I couldn't get keyboard input to the vehicles, only to OGLA for setting, and after update to Base 091029 It says
marian@marian-desktop:~/Desktop/Games/orbiter091023beta_base$ wine Modules/Server/orbiter
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT" (8.0.50727.4053)
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP80.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\marian\\Desktop\\Games\\orbiter091023beta_base\\Modules\\Server\\orbiter.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR80.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\marian\\Desktop\\Games\\orbiter091023beta_base\\Modules\\Server\\orbiter.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\home\\marian\\Desktop\\Games\\orbiter091023beta_base\\Modules\\Server\\orbiter.exe" failed, status c0000135

After getting those dll's to system 32 it says

marian@marian-desktop:~/Desktop/Games/orbiter091023beta_base$ wine Modules/Server/orbiter
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT" (8.0.50727.4053)
err:module:attach_process_dlls "MSVCR80.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\home\\marian\\Desktop\\Games\\orbiter091023beta_base\\Modules\\Server\\orbiter.exe" failed, status c0000142

Do I need MS VCP 2008? I could install it by winetricks, bit which I need just VCP 2008 or VCP 2008 SP1?

Edit: Scratch that I downloaded this http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...0ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en#filelist and now I can run Orbiter again, but still no keyboard input to Orbiter core, just to OGLA. And it hangs sometimes when I turn camera. Also there is something wrong on Advanced graphics + Multilight terrain, and Normal maps on DG act like there are some holes.
orbiter1.jpeg
orbiter2.jpeg

Last edited:

Ailantd

3d master
Reaction score
Website
www.ailantd.com
Hi

I have instaled Orbiter 091029beta and then last OGLA version ( oglaclient-091029-a_beta-091020 ) over it.
I run Orbiter, enable OGLA module in modules. Launch an Ogla scenery, but OGLA seem not working, not F7 and no other Ogla FX.
am I missing something?

Thanks

Zachstar

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.ibiblio.org
Hi

I have instaled Orbiter 091029beta and then last OGLA version ( oglaclient-091029-a_beta-091020 ) over it.
I run Orbiter, enable OGLA module in modules. Launch an Ogla scenery, but OGLA seem not working, not F7 and no other Ogla FX.
am I missing something?

Thanks

Run Orbiter_NG and select the OGLA module and be sure DX7 one is deactivated in modules.

That is going to cause some massive confusion at launch.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Run Orbiter_NG and select the OGLA module and be sure DX7 one is deactivated in modules.

That is going to cause some massive confusion at launch.
I don't see why. It's explained in the readme for OGLA, isn't it?

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
I tried it and have the same graphic problems like Disconnect and DjZielony. The problem with atmosphere. And the black areas bug on ships and scenery.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Any updates forthcoming? Also noticed a weired black shadow effect on the default Atlantis. Screenshot is attached. Happens in all shadow modes. The effect is on the back side of the vehicle elements(to the right in the screenshot).

Attachments

• OGLA_shadows.jpg
    OGLA_shadows.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 85

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
Yeah. Are there any updates on this? I'm looking forward to it.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I tried it too, but no keyboard input to Orbiter Core, just to the OGLA client itself. (Ie: F7 menu works, but nothing else. No ship control, no other menus, no quit command etc.) Joystick still works fine, but I can't change viewpoints into the cockpit so flying is... interesting. Running under Vista on a Geforce 6200.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Are there any updates on this? I'm looking forward to it.
I wish i could rewrite the whole damn thing from scratch, now that the beta interface is stable, get all the crutches out, clean the remnants of the five+ years old code. Still, it would be futile as at the first release there will be a ton of new requests, changing the system, needing a new rewrite in the end. And so on, and so on, and so on.

Also noticed a weired black shadow effect on the default Atlantis.
Yes, that's an already-fixed bug known as
"ATI and shadows=gray dark sides", "Weird Saturn bug", "Weird yellow bug" and "Shadows distortion bug".

I tried it too, but no keyboard input to Orbiter Core, just to the OGLA client itself.
Don't change windows during loading. Try a few more times. It's an old and known Orbiter bug.

the.punk

Advanced Orbinaut
Reaction score
"ATI and shadows=gray dark sides", "Weird Saturn bug", "Weird yellow bug" and "Shadows distortion bug".

Is this the same bug that I described? Because I don't have and ATI card.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I'll try it again when I get back. Though I was running in fullscreen mode, not entirely sure what you mean by not changing windows during loading...

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
OK. Any idea when the next release will be out?

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
What happened? Waiting for the final release orbiter? :D
OK. Any idea when the next release will be out?
I have no idea. My projects are usually developed in bursts of a few days long, separated by months of inactivity. No way to predict when the mood hits again.
Doesn't really apply to planning, only to actual coding.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Can we have IR vision?
Granted.
ogla-091024-2.jpg

No hopes of revival soon - Christmas, New Year, Oriental Christmas, Old New Year, vacation from all the holidays, vacation from vacation, Easter, Victory day, then it's summer.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
That's cool; but what exactly is it displaying.