new addition to my battlestation

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
happy!

today my new little toy arrived in the mail - a brand new Logitech G15 gamer's keyboard! :woohoo:

this device of Probe-like awesomeness has so many features i don't even know where to begin, plus it looks so cool with the key backlighting and all! - the blue even matches that of my spacenavigator

look at it now:

picture.php

crummy shot, i know... phone camera kinda sucks at night

yep - it's the original G15, not the new version - this one has 18 "G-keys" (the new one has only 6, for some reason), and those are for recording and firing macros ON THE FLY!

no need to open a configuration utility - just hit "MR", select the desired key and type away, when you hit MR again, you'll have a macro ready to go! - the uses of this extend FAR beyond the realm of gaming! it's quite a treat for programming as well! :thumbup:

if that's still not good enough - the thing can be scripted using LUA!

now, that LCD on top of it is also fully programmable! guess i just might cook up something for Orbiter then... :lol:

i'm specially happy with the fact that the grooves on the back of it, which are intended primarily for routing cables (for mouse, etc...) have served me quite well for attaching it up on that dashboard-like position

i managed to get it up there by clasping the rubber feet on the front against the edge of the table while the back is held up by a make-McGuyver-proud hookup involving a heavy triangular CD-case holder, some old membership cards for all sorts of deprecated features of earthly life, and the little i had left of duct tape :rolleyes: - it's an unlikely, but surprisingly firm contraption

yay! i'm very enthusiastic about this new aquisition of mine! and great timing as well - on the day following it's purchase, my former keyboard which had served me well (driver woes aside) for the past six years became defunct....

but as it enters my hall of derelict hardware, it's legacy is now bestowed upon this true marvel of geek lifestyle
which so far, has only exceeded my expectations!

woohoo! this pit is gonna turn out so cool once i get my third (plus a possible fourth) monitor and manage to wire up the side console adjacent to the throttle unit, i do't even care my girlfriend is gonna murder me for going through with it :tiphat:

:cheers:

Last edited:

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
It's definitely cool, but it doesn't come close to the :probe: