My first legit scenario editor free rendezvous and docking.

Cobalt

Reaction score
I'm a miserable pilot. If autopilot can't help me, I'm usually out of luck. So, I'd taken a DG-IV, used the launch autopilot to just put it in orbit. (I can do that part manually, but it's a total butchering of how it's really done.) Using the plane alignment, I lined up with the ISS. So far, so good. Then, got the intersection point taken care of. No problem then. So I skip ahead, get close, start matching velocities. Not too bad, for a first shot, I suppose. So then I try to get closer. I burn, and wait. It's getting closer...closer...uh oh....wait...that's too close....:censored:.....Turn around, try to get closer again. Burned less, and sure enough, :censored:. Overshot it by about 30 KM. I'd decided that no matter what I did, I was going to make the final approach to dock manually, and only use AP to get close as a last resort. Well, I clearly wasn't going to get the burn right, so, I engage auto-docking to put me close. Get to the line up point, let it orient, and then I stop the AP. Used the docking MFD from that point on.
picture.php

I was a hair too high, according to the MFD.
picture.php

After some very, very gentle adjustments, I'm going to bullseye this.
picture.php

And I did, and I'm quite proud of myself. Now that I know I can do this part, even if I don't do a lot of it myself, I can work on the next bit. Getting a perfect reentry to a surface base.