Gaming Moonbase Alpha - NASA's new on-line game

Turbinator

Reaction score
Was trying to install it now, however, I could not find any option where I can select the partition on my HD

The way steam works. And this sux, is by installing all your Games that you buy/get on steam in the same location where Steam is installed. :( :( :(

Can't play it... crashes when using a SSE2 instruction on my old AMD CPU. Need a newer computer for it.

It uses the Unreal Engine 3, the latest Unreal game engine. How old is your computer? If it's older than 2004....

I am doing my Virtual ISS on the same engine. This means some people on here won't be able to run it. However I have to draw a line somewhere. Do I create something with good graphics, that looks good, or something that runs on all computers and looks like it came out of the 90s.

800px-Unreal_Engine_Comparison.jpg

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It uses the Unreal Engine 3, the latest Unreal game engine. How old is your computer? If it's older than 2004....

AMD Duron - one of the last AMD CPUs without SSE2. Should have been from 2003. I only upgraded parts of my computer over the past years, out of budget problems.

Turbinator

Reaction score
You should have around $400 for a new computer. Even the cheapest new computers of today are 4 times as powerful, as something from 2007. The dual and quad cores really do make a difference.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
You should have around $400 for a new computer. Even the cheapest new computers of today are 4 times as powerful, as something from 2007. The dual and quad cores really do make a difference.

I know. But I currently don't have that much money left...

myles

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues on Windows 7 X64? It crashes right after the "unreal" screen just after showing the main menu...

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
It works well on my AMD Athlon 64 & Geforce 7600GT, still pretty in 1024x768. I did repair the base, it's quite fun, but I've been completely inefficient ! :lol:

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I dont know why they use STEAM to let people go online. IMHO Steam is nothing but a community runned by people who harass others.

Salun

Das Bluejay El DESTROY YOU ALL
Reaction score
Downloading it now. Add me on Steam guys

Salun12

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Oh crap, just realised now that I don't have Steam on this computer. Better go get that first...:embarrassed:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Anyone else finding it impossible to solder things with that laggy mouse? It might be just me...I'm playing from a laptop.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I am unreliable beyond difficulty level 5, for now difficulty level 7 is the maximum I ever got.

The first repairs you do are level 1-2, so it's a sound strategy to begin with the most broken things.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
I played a little last night. It was OK but too limited for my taste.
There's no sense of exploration and basicily it's like a repair man sim. Much more interesting would be to deploy the rovers to remote locations on the moon, recover samples, and then go there with the astronaut...

From my personal point of view, I prefer to get myself lost on the lunar mountains using this:
http://earth-api-samples.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/demos/milktruck/moon.html
It uses real terrain and while the rover itself handles in an arcade way, you can reproduce the Apollo explorations and do some nice site seeing.

Simply put, it turns out to be kind of dull from a single player point of view, by reducing a lunar base to some equipment thrown into a small crater, and the astronaut into a controller of RC robots.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

Hmuda

Reaction score
Good tech-demo for the MMO, but nothing else. After a "match" I couldn't see myself playing more than a couple of rounds before getting fenomenally bored. And sure enough, after the second one, I already was.

Turbinator

Reaction score
It's a great game, they built a solid foundation. This will only get better as they release new missions. The hard part of building the foundation is done, and now they can release new missions much faster.