gamer19

Reaction score
:confused:

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

The requested addon could not be found.

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
OK thats not so funny, I got that too, one for the Admin.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Not sure what happened to general vessel?

But I get this.

Attachments

• mmseveva.jpg
    mmseveva.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 7

barrygolden

Reaction score
I see the base is the Chariot from the Constalation program and this will need ladders on both sides for the EVA guys

Attachments

• 36763-d344a13723db08db899564d0d55ce514.jpg
    36763-d344a13723db08db899564d0d55ce514.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 2

barrygolden

Reaction score
you might think about putting an Airlock hatch on the back Like the one Gattis did for his Alpaca

Attachments

• SEV.png
    SEV.png
    477.7 KB · Views: 3

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So the MMSEV rear hatches has 2 parts upper is solar panel and the bottom is black or dk gray.
that part should have steps in it.

I can make that aft part . But rather than the backpacks/hatch make a single hatch to that area. Round?

barrygolden

Reaction score
I never had seen the rear door but makes sence it would give them more room to have an airlock I dont think these XEMU are made to crawl through the back but they might be

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
On the SEV the rear doors covered in solar panels would open up. BUT in the SEV they had those packs that were part of the hatch. So just put a hatch between the front and aft section.

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
So I thought the SEV and LER are based on the same design principles (share the same chassis etc.), the key design element being an enclosed enviroment, the cabin would (under normal circumstances) never be depressurized, you enter/exit through the airlock directly from the Hab, and EVA out the back (eg. LER). The design advantages being; max comfort, max space, and very important, keeps the dirty dusty EVA suits outside!
The back of the SEV is split in two and has two kinda windows? so I initially thought these doors open up and you have the suits like on the LER, but the doors then have no purpoe, so why? Now if the side hatches? open up you have full depressurization, and that opens up a whole new can of worms! Maybe makes more sense on the space version? but why not just use the airlocks for EVA? Or maybe the SEV is not intended for EVA at all! And as you mentioned the round airlocks and the rectangle Hab airlocks conundrum.
The more I look at it the more I think this is a concecptual mockup, artist impression, and not a practical design.

So my suggestion for in game would be: forget about the doors entirely! simply EVA from the airlock, an action area at the back for tools/cargo, nice 3d cockpict (lots of pics of that), + crab walk & dust effects and we got one sexy space truck:D

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So it sounds like we do this. Make a VC/cockpit interior. Similar to the LER . ANd then just eva behind. As far as tool you can add UACS tools,.....

barrygolden

Reaction score
I did take a drive down into Candor Chasma and was under the surface most of the time. It did drive down and up into the crater pretty good .. didn''t find a good LZ down there.. Candor Chasma is one of the early Landing sites many years ago
I think you could open the PLISS on the XEMU and get in that way as with the LER so the side open up doors would be ok.
It looks like NASA was planning on a preasurized rover on the Moon about Artemis 7 around 2030

Attachments

• FO8t5EYXoAoDiAy.jpg
    FO8t5EYXoAoDiAy.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 4

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What were the coordinates? I think the simple is just eva from the aft section. No airlock seen,....

barrygolden

Reaction score
I did try to drive this on the Moon and seemed to go sideways and could not attach the base to the cabin