Error Mesh Wizard COMCTL32.OCX error

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Andy, I can confirm that this works for Mesh Wizard on my Vista x64 HP laptop. No dice, however for the Surface Base Wizard. However, I'm now getting a different error message for SBW. It now says something about an error in msvbvm50.dll, which is strange, I installed the Visual Basic 5.0 Virtual Machine on my laptop because some other programs I have required it and they work just fine.

If I am right, Vista does not have msvbvm50.dll

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I ran into that also using Vista. I did a search at got msvbvm50.dll installed and running as admin it works.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Okay, so how do I run it as an admin. I still don't understand this user/admin stuff. I feel like my parents when I try to teach them how to surf the net...

Nighthawke

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Okay, so how do I run it as an admin. I still don't understand this user/admin stuff. I feel like my parents when I try to teach them how to surf the net...

Andy, right click on MeshWizard.exe. You should get a popup menu with a list of options. One of them will be "Run as Administrator" with a security shield icon beside it. That worked for me. Let me know how it turns out amigo.

Cordially,
Nighthawke

Nighthawke

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Oh, cool, I didn't see that before. It works now! Thanks, Nighthawke! You rock.

No problem, bro. Good luck on your project(s)!!

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

If I am right, Vista does not have msvbvm50.dll

You are correct, Virtual Machine for Visual Basic does not come with Vista "out of the box". I had to download it from Microsoft's VB support site and install it separately.

I ran into that also using Vista. I did a search at got msvbvm50.dll installed and running as admin it works.

Hmmm... Maybe that's it. Can't remember if I installed msvbvm.dll as an Admin. But, all of the other programs I have that require it appear to be running fine. I'm beginning to get a sneaking hunch that this has more to do with Vista's UAC (what a wonderfully annoying piece of code that is) than it does with msvbvm50.dll. I'l have to do a little more investigating and report the results of my forensics back here.

Nighthawke

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I never downloaded msvbvm50.dll and I got Mesh Wizard to work...

I don't believe Mesh Wizard has any calls that hook into msvbvm50.dll. If it does they must be linked statically. However, Mesh Wizard's sister program Surface Base Wizard links dynamically, and that is the issue I'm still trying to resolve. I'll try re-installing the msvbvm50.dll package I downloaded from MS as "Admin" and see if that corrects the problem with Surface Base Wizard.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, Surface Base Wizard is working now. If anyone is still having issues on Vista x64, just install the msvbvm50.dll package from MS as "Admin".

Last edited:

fort

Reaction score
So I used without problems Surface Base Wizard in the past and registered the .OCX files properly, I could not today, to reinstall the program to make it work. I had at the time of its launch, this error that appears:

System Error & H8007007E (-2147024770) The specified module could not be found.

I despaired of succeeding at the install again and I did some research which led me to solutions related to Sun's Java program ??? But without results, once again. And finally, this page:

http://www.vladd44.com/other/error.php

I do not really like CCleaner I already used several times, by the fact that I do not master all its data (or at least, using it rarely, I never know when I use it again, what I need to check or not, especially when I'm in a hurry, like today). But the solution given by SBW vladd44.com worked and SBW is working again.

Thanks to vladd and to ar81 too.

simran

Reaction score
comctl32.ocx error

Download and install comctl32.ocx to fix missing or corrupted ocx errors. When an application requires https://unfitpc.com/mscomctl32-ocx , Windows will check the application and system folders for this a file is missing or invalid.

simran

Reaction score
Download and install comctl32.ocx to fix missing or corrupted ocx errors. When an application requires https://unfitpc.com/mscomctl32-ocx , Windows will check the application and system folders for this a file is missing or invalid.