OHM Mesh Wizard 1.9d

Nathaniel

Reaction score
Legacy Add-on Reviews from Orbit Hangar Mods

Review by andy44
Review:
I've been using an earlier version of this utility and didn't realize what I was missing out on. This is an absolute must-have for addon developers. Well done!

Review by black dog
Pros: Easy to use
Cons: None
Review:
A great little mesh viewing tool with some mesh manipulating and converting capabilities. I have only just started playing with meshes, and I think that as I become more knowledgeable I will be able to appreciate the available functions more. I recommend Meshviewer to anybody like me who is starting out in their interest in development. Combine this program with a few others and some Orbiter development tutorials and you're on your way. Well done AR81, and thanks for all the good work you have done with this program and also your previous addons and tutorials.

Review by juanelm
Pros: Muy bien hecho y facil de usar
Cons: Ninguno
Review:
Excelente, muchas gracias por esto!!

Agreed, This is a must-have for addon developers, It actually made my Anim8or projects (Wich i put alot of time and effort into) useable.

Cheers!

Capt_hensley

Captain, USS Pabilli
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.h-10-k.com
Maybe I have a unique problem, I want to pre-view meshes (textureized) one after the other without loading every single .msh file independantly. I want to see them in my windows explorer preview pane in 2 dimensions. I don't want to open a particular utility just so I can view one file. I have to go through hundreds of mesh files, quickly, so I can determine for myself which file set I want to use.

Anybody got a clue what I should use?

Signed a very frustrated Capt Hensley.

PS I've dowloaded and tried to use several mesh viewers in XP-64, and Win7-64 with little to no success. I'm open to a professional opinion.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Maybe I have a unique problem, I want to pre-view meshes (textureized) one after the other without loading every single .msh file independantly. I want to see them in my windows explorer preview pane in 2 dimensions. I don't want to open a particular utility just so I can view one file. I have to go through hundreds of mesh files, quickly, so I can determine for myself which file set I want to use.

Anybody got a clue what I should use?

Signed a very frustrated Capt Hensley.

PS I've dowloaded and tried to use several mesh viewers in XP-64, and Win7-64 with little to no success. I'm open to a professional opinion.

Are you proficient in any scripting languages?

If sh you could figure out a way to generate a preview image associated with each filename and write a script to automate the process.

Capt_hensley

Captain, USS Pabilli
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.h-10-k.com
Are you proficient in any scripting languages?

If sh you could figure out a way to generate a preview image associated with each filename and write a script to automate the process.

No, my programming days are over, I have come over to the dark side of users, I'm trying to take advantage other geniuses. You know how it goes when you get old and lazy. Well I'm old and lazy. Besides I'm very new to Orbiter, and very excited that a great sim like this exists. But maybe I have unrealistic asperations. I thought maybe someone else might be having the same difficulty.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
How do I do this? I have the same problem as nasafreak.
As you have Windows XP, this will look like this, but in your system's language:

1. Go to the Control panel and open Regional and Language options

2. Click on the button to "Customize..." regional settings.

3. Change the decimal symbol to dot/period.

4. Click "OK", "OK", and you'll have "." instead of "," as a decimal separator.

diogom

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, that solved the problem.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I still think it would have been wiser reading the files in binary mode so the automatic use of locales does not take place.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Okay, I can't get the darn .dll installed. The installer isn't working at all.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
which 'darn dll' - the installer worked fine for me.

Details really do help us to help you.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Sorry, I jumped to the IRC and I'm getting help there. It was the MSVBVM50.dll...
Now installed!

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Still having trouble with getting MSVBM50.dll to talk to the Mesh Wizard 1.9d program. Where do I put the MSVBM50.dll so that Mesh Wizard can find it?

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
If you are using XP, drop it into System32, that should make it. Maybe you have to register it in the registry (search for the use of RegSrv command on the Web).

And give an AV scan to those kind of system files once downloaded, it can be a good idea. ;)

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
You can put it anywhere in filesystem, where 32-bit applications have direct access, as registering it will add the full path to search it.

If you want it to be put where an installer would put it, then in 32-bit Windows put it in System32, and in 64-bit Windows in SysWoW64.

In either of them you need to use regsvr32 command to register it.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Had the same problem as maverick and fixed it - now it's saying "Component COMCTL32.OCX no correctly registered: file is missing or invalid." The file in question is sitting in the same directory as meshwizard executable. :shrug:

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Putting the file in the directory is not enough. It has to be registered as well.

Thats done from the command line, in the directory where the file is.

type in regsvr32 COMCTL32.OCX

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Didn't think that would be necessary seeing as the file is shipped with the utility. ;)

Will try that ASAP.