Launch News Luna 25 - Thursday, Aug. 10, 23:10 UTC

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
talks about the repetition of the Luna-25 mission in 2025 (symbolically)

Its the difference between starting assembly, integration and testing from zero again or having most of the work already done. in 2025 would be possible without flight prototype, but require some schedule changes. 2024 without flight prototype would be impossible without cutting quality and testing. They can try of course, but it would be luck required already than, that it at least fails on the surface of the moon....

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
NASA’s LRO Observes Crater Likely from Luna 25 Impact

The new crater is about 10 meters in diameter and is located at 57.865 degrees south latitude and 61.360 degrees east longitude at an elevation of about minus 360 meters. The impact point was on the steep (greater than 20-degree grade) inner rim of Pontécoulant G crater, about 400 kilometers short of Luna 25’s intended landing point at 69.545 degrees south, 43.544 degrees east.
luna25_anim_2x.gif

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com

the non-activation of the accelerometers unit in the BIUS-L instrument (Lunar Angular Velocity Measurement Unit), possibly, due to infiltration of commands with varying implementation priorities into the command data stream to the instrument

So, software?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

the non-activation of the accelerometers unit in the BIUS-L instrument (Lunar Angular Velocity Measurement Unit), possibly, due to infiltration of commands with varying implementation priorities into the command data stream to the instrument

So, software?

Sounds like that, the command data stream (AKA uplink) is also executable. But could also mean: In a multitasking environment, a wrong configuration of the task loop produced too many low priority tasks that prevented the instrument to be properly configured.

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
Sounds like that, the command data stream (AKA uplink) is also executable. But could also mean: In a multitasking environment, a wrong configuration of the task loop produced too many low priority tasks that prevented the instrument to be properly configured.

Sounds plausible.

Actually, no; it sounds like software developer babble-speak to me and I can't make heads or tails out of what you are saying. But you used technical jargon in a confident and authoritative manner so you get points for presentation. (y)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Sounds plausible.

Actually, no; it sounds like software developer babble-speak to me and I can't make heads or tails out of what you are saying. But you used technical jargon in a confident and authoritative manner so you get points for presentation. (y)

Thats actually harmless. The real arcane software developer babble-speak sounds like NASA mission control without the simple words.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So, software?
Unsurprisingly. There's no better way to screw things up than with software...

Actually, no; it sounds like software developer babble-speak to me and I can't make heads or tails out of what you are saying.
The original statement is quite unclear. I would interpret it as the command scheduler sending queued up commands to the instrument in the wrong order, leading to high-priority commands having to wait for lower-priority ones to finish first. Which might have lead to further problems because some of those commands might not have been able to execute without the higher priority ones going first, which may cause errors, further delays, or even hang the whole thing up if error handling is bad.
So pretty much what Urwumpe said here:
a wrong configuration of the task loop produced too many low priority tasks that prevented the instrument to be properly configured.