Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Please tell me you've learned to back up from this, at least? Lightning not only can but has a habit of striking multiple times when Windows is involved.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I don't have any backups, and I can't recover files from that disc anymore since I low-level wiped both of them. Besides, the models I had sucked.

Any data that isn't backed up is data you don't mind losing.

Talon1

Semi-Intermediate Add-on Dev.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Please tell me you've learned to back up from this, at least?
That's a big 10-4!:) Although I did want to backup my files I could since back then, I didn't have my external hard drive.;)

Any data that isn't backed up is data you don't mind losing.
Now that's very true!:p

Anyways, that's all water under the bridge now.

Update time!!!
Currently I'm just re-learning the controls for Anim8or along with how to make configuration files since I haven't done any of this for quite a long while.
Here's a screen shot:
screenshot_1.jpg

As you can probably see, I'm using ar81's tutorials. Their the best! Thanks ar81!:speakcool:

Last edited:

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
That's a big 10-4!:) Although I did want to backup my files I could since back then, I didn't have my external hard drive.;)

Now that's very true!:p

Anyways, that's all water under the bridge now.

Update time!!!
Currently I'm just re-learning the controls for Anim8or along with how to make configuration files since I haven't done any of this for quite a long while.
Here's a screen shot:
screenshot_1.jpg

As you can probably see, I'm using ar81's tutorials. Their the best! Thanks ar81!:speakcool:
I see you lathed the tail-fin on the wrong axis. I thought you knew how to make addons already?

Talon1

Semi-Intermediate Add-on Dev.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I see you lathed the tail-fin on the wrong axis. I thought you knew how to make addons already?
I did know how but I forgot a few things. I still remember the basics at least!
Anyway here's an update:
I've just completed my most complicated 3D model so far!!!:)
Here's a screen shot:
screenshot_2.jpg

I just made a cylinder from the tip to the tail using the blueprints as a guide, set it's lat. to 20, then using the drag select, move, and non-uniform scale tools, I slowly deformed the cylinder into the shape of the plane! (as ar81's tutorial dictates) That means that this whole plane is made from one cylinder! (with the exception of the cockpit which I made using the lathe) Also, just so you'd know, I tried this before, but at the time I didn't know how to make the wings and tail fins.:embarrassed: Now then, after (trying to) remember how to make config files, I'll re-start making this ship! When I do, what kind of technic should I use for making the core and the rear section?

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]LCAM-01XA Archangel assault ship build now officially re-started!!!:):cheers:
Here's the current development status as of 8/17/09 11:47PM:
[/FONT]
screenshot_3.jpg

I've started to build the core. More updates coming[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] tomorrow...
Oh, by the way, the build order will go as follows:
[/FONT]
  1. Core
  2. Rear
  3. Wings
  4. Legs
  5. Bridge and Weapons
Also, I think I'm "making history" (call me arrogant if you want to) because it looks like I'm the only person (so far) who is actually re-making anything "Gundam" related in Orbiter!!!

Last edited: