Project LCAM-01XA Archangel assault ship

Talon1

Semi-Intermediate Add-on Dev.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
EDIT (8/17/09): I have re-started this project as ship made completely by me and without anyone else making the 3D model for me, so don't mind my desperate pleads in this post an just move on to the 12th post and don't bother reading posts number 2-11 since their outdated now and has nothing to do with now.

Ok, I'm making a ship called the "Archangel" from "Gundam Seed" to enter for the orbiter addon competition, and I was about to finish the modeling part; but when my computer got the "blue screen of death", we had to replace our hard drive, therefore I lost all my models and ships.:(:mad: It took me 2 months to make that ship but now, I only have until November 9 to finish my ship, but I don't have time anymore so can someone please make the model of the Archangel(with the weapons), texture it, and have all the weapons on the out position.

Also here are some websites containing info on the Archangel, pictures of the Archangel, and links to pictures of it's weapons:
http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed/archangel.htm
http://www.gundams.net/index.php?page=seed_ms_aa

And here are some of my pictures of the archangel:
core.jpg

Here is how the central "core" of the archangel should look like
>
archangel_reartop.gif

Here's a top rear view of the archangel
>
archangel_front.gif

And here's a front view

Well that's all the info I can you for now
(and off cores anyone who bothers to help me will get 50% of the credit for making this ship)
Thanks in advance for helping me!!!!:)

Oh, also, my computer is still dead so I'm forced to use my cousin's computer

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
So wait, you want someone else to do the work of modeling for you so you can win the competition?

Always sucks to lose work yes, but the data on the hard drive may be recoverable. What all did you try?

Also, keep backups. On a usb drive, on a webspace, on a CD, wherever. If you use the internet for backups you can easily make a backup each day.

Ilstefan

Reaction score
archangel is ugly, anyway. white base forever!

but yeah, seriously. you can't possibly expect to have someone do so much of the work for you in a competition with such a flimsy excuse. I mean, for all we know you've been procrastinating for two months and want someone to do it for you.

Coolhand

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.scifi-meshes.com
So, 50% of the credit, for doing 100% of the work?

Sounds like a GREAT deal there...

However, if you can afford it, i'll build you a winning addon model...;)

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I have spent months making a model but thats just because I have not had allot of time

Talon1

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok,ok. If it will make everyone happy then i'm pulling this ship out of the competition, instead i'm entering my A2 jet and EFSS(Extremly Fast Space Ship). this ship will just be for fun (yet so far it isn't fun yet:() and I'll make it so that anyone who helps my get 80% credit, ok?

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
This is the problem with competitions, someone always gets their feeling hurt.

Talon1

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok, I already said i'm pulling this ship out of the competition!!! I still have 2 easier to make ships to make.

-----Posted Added-----

I found here that ship if it could help anything.

link
I already tried, it but its not good enough. I can't make look better either.
Thanks for the link tough

Last edited:

Talon1

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Okay this project also has been dead for the past 9 or so months. I'm planning to re-start it but since I suck at making detailed 3D models and no one will ever make this for me; all I ask for then are some tips on how I can possibly make this ship in Anim8or.:cry::goodnight::blackeye:

Thanks in advance,
Talon1

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
That shouldn't be a problem. I myself don't use anim8tor, but most addon developers here do I think.

Talon1

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, right now, I need some tips (preferably step by step) on how to make the two "legs" at the front, the core, and the curved rear section. I've tried a few times already but I kept failing. Also note that I'm considering using Blender instead but the last time I tried it, it just drove me to complete and total confusion. On top of that, I have next to no texturing skills; the best I can do is applying solid colours...:(

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
I think you should try by trial and error like most of us do. I am about your age and have a far greater knowledge on things than most people my age and intellect, so it should not be hard for you. Just keep trying and it will come a lot easier on later projects instead of asking everyone to do it for you.

Chupacabra

Reaction score
Feel free to stay with anim8or. I haven't even used it in about four years so I am afraid I can't be of very much help.

The last time I checked though there was a UV unwrap add-on for anim8or. That may be of use to you.

And as to the 'failures', don't worry about them. They are a good thing. I'm sure you already understood a few things what not to do. And as cheesy as that sounds, it is a large hurdle to do any sort of 3-d model work and the best way to learn it is in bits and pieces. Start off with just a wing, and then tackle a leg, and then the core. But do it bit by bit.

Good Luck! :)

Talon1

Addon Developer
Reaction score
Feel free to stay with anim8or. I haven't even used it in about four years so I am afraid I can't be of very much help.

The last time I checked though there was a UV unwrap add-on for anim8or. That may be of use to you.

And as to the 'failures', don't worry about them. They are a good thing. I'm sure you already understood a few things what not to do. And as cheesy as that sounds, it is a large hurdle to do any sort of 3-d model work and the best way to learn it is in bits and pieces. Start off with just a wing, and then tackle a leg, and then the core. But do it bit by bit.

Good Luck! :)
Alright, I'll give it a shot. Thanks:speakcool: Although now I have to re-learn the controls since I haven't used anim8or for quite awhile:p At least I know some good tutorials on that...

Chupacabra

Reaction score
No problem. Feel free to ask more questions.

Also, I found the UV tool I was talking about. It was called UV MAPPER.

I hope to hear many more updates on your project! :D

Viper1

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok, I'm making a ship called the "Archangel" from "Gundam Seed" to enter for the orbiter addon competition, and I was about to finish the modeling part; but when my computer got the "blue screen of death"

For Future reference: you can always add the "crashed drive" as a secondary drive to your PC and recover most if not all of your data. Case in point, my D: drive was a "crashed XP install" . All of of my pics and documents were intact and unaffected by the BSOD. Just install it as a slave, recover your data and "Voila" back in business.
my two cents.

Talon1

Addon Developer
Reaction score
For Future reference: you can always add the "crashed drive" as a secondary drive to your PC and recover most if not all of your data. Case in point, my D: drive was a "crashed XP install" . All of of my pics and documents were intact and unaffected by the BSOD. Just install it as a slave, recover your data and "Voila" back in business.
my two cents.
Oops, too late, I low-level wiped both my crashed drives to fix them... It worked at least!:speakcool:

Also, I found the UV tool I was talking about. It was called UV MAPPER.
I've tried that. It's quite confusing...